Tom Wilson with a pretty aggressive high stick (suspended 6 games)

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Wilson saw the boards coming, so he put his arms up to brace himself. Gregor was just in his path and it's unfortunate that Gregor got in the way of his stick

If only Wilson had Laviolette as his coach

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Dec 15, 2002
Tom Wilson doesn't deserve to be in the league.
No one deserves to be in the league.

Man I get it's the internet but how many times are people going to have to share this before others understand it? Feels like this is the 5th or 6th time this point has been brought up in this thread and people still post like repeat offender status mattes to the length of the suspension.
Welcome to my world.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
According to TSN, Wilson apologized immediately for it. I therefore take back everything I said and think he should be let go without a suspension...

Who cares if he said sorry, hes a repeat offender, puck wasnt there, it wasnt a hockey play. He knew what he was doing. Theres legitimately no reason for him to swing his stick in that direction at that time.

Its a stupid play, hope he gets 5+

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
2cpha4[1].gif

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It seems to me it could benefit the Caps to get rid of this player for a while, he doesn't look like a smart individual.
That's a coward right there, I think he's getting 9-11 games

• Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It seems to me it could benefit the Caps to get rid of this player for a while, he doesn't look like a smart individual.
That's a coward right there, I think he's getting 9-11 games

He's had some nice years but this year he hasn't been particularly good.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I see the court of public opinion has already found Tom Wilson guilty. A dumb play for sure, but I don't think you can prove intent to injure, especially given Tom's obvious regret after he saw the damage that he did.

I can understand maybe 1-2 games for the carelessness of the infraction and the resulting injury. Any more than that is just bias towards Wilson.
So about that.

Reactions: Mattilaus

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I see the court of public opinion has already found Tom Wilson guilty. A dumb play for sure, but I don't think you can prove intent to injure, especially given Tom's obvious regret after he saw the damage that he did.

I can understand maybe 1-2 games for the carelessness of the infraction and the resulting injury. Any more than that is just bias towards Wilson.
Close. Only like triple your estimate. Guess the DoPS also disagrees with you.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Wilson saw the boards coming, so he put his arms up to brace himself. Gregor was just in his path and it's unfortunate that Gregor got in the way of his stick

If only Wilson had Laviolette as his coach

?

Wilson literally did have Laviolette as his coach… at the same time as when Wilson should’ve been suspended rather than fined for his play against the Rangers a few years ago.

Mar 26, 2010
I was expecting longer. That was a scumbag move by a dirty player. That could have resulted in a serious injury.

Reactions: Dessloch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad