Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I lean toward Chris Nilan as a guy who was thought of as just a goon but eventually put up some points (not quite the big physical checking presence iirc), and Chris Simon for a few years. But I'm not sure anyone has had quite the total package that TW is starting to show.

He's kind of a mix between Ovie, Hunter, and Simon.

Watch the Nilan documentary if you haven’t.....tragic. The Last Gladiators on Prime.

Such a fun player to watch in his heyday.

Reactions: RandyHolt

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I always pegged you as more of a "hide behind the referees and tell everyone else how tough you are" kind of player.
Nope I'm the opposite of that. I'm usually the instigator. I have a very short fuse. And I dont always need a good reason to get in a brawl.
You can kid all you want but seriously if you knew me I'm pretty sure you would be intimidated.
I'm saying this in a bad way about myself. I can be a pretty mean guy. I'm working on it though.

Reactions: Silky mitts

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why? Who fights in non professional hockey? You fight in a beer league? I played club level hockey in college. No fights.
Ive seen fights in beer league. There isnt supposed to be but it happens. Actually our mens league basketball team was worse. We had a couple bench clearing brawls. Even had a brawl against a team that was made up of guys from the city police. Goods times.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ive seen fights in beer league. There isnt supposed to be but it happens. Actually our mens league basketball team was worse. We had a couple bench clearing brawls. Even had a brawl against a team that was made up of guys from the city police. Goods times.

This is not something I would be proud of. "I am a bar room brawler". Oh wait. And you are the instigator too. You realize this doesn't create cred for you.

If I knew you, I would be intimidated? Stop. You don't know who you are talking to, my friend. You really don't. Facts are that people that brag on themselves like you do are usually all hat and no cattle.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Nope I'm the opposite of that. I'm usually the instigator. I have a very short fuse. And I dont always need a good reason to get in a brawl.
You can kid all you want but seriously if you knew me I'm pretty sure you would be intimidated.
I'm saying this in a bad way about myself. I can be a pretty mean guy. I'm working on it though.
Just as seriously, older men with a bad temper in beer league make me laugh like nobody's business so I can't promise you'd get the reaction you're looking for there. I'll take shots all day to make somebody else look like a baby.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Cringeworthy POTY.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just as seriously, older men with a bad temper in beer league make me laugh like nobody's business so I can't promise you'd get the reaction you're looking for there. I'll take shots all day to make somebody else look like a baby.

Oh yeah. I love f***ing with the Tommy Tough Guys in beer league. Just need to talk a little shit or throw the slightest shoulder check and they go bananas and spend the rest of the game (before they get kicked out for too many penalties or a misconduct) chasing you around the ice.

Also people telling other people over the internet how tough they are... stop. Just, no.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oh yeah. I love ****ing with the Tommy Tough Guys in beer league. Just need to talk a little **** or throw the slightest shoulder check and they go bananas and spend the rest of the game (before they get kicked out for too many penalties or a misconduct) chasing you around the ice.

Also people telling other people over the internet how tough they are... stop. Just, no.

Those that cant talk. Those that can dont

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sei8hCIOr00ytF5ns1IX.jpg

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
We'll be rooting for you. Would be great to not only root for Stanley Cup Champions but champions in boxing and wrestling too, for example.

Jun 15, 2007
IMO, the Erik Karlsson suspension should disprove any concerns there's a conspiracy against the Caps and Wilson.

The DOPS is just incompetent and has no idea what they are trying to do.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Somehow Alex Ovechkin is no longer the most talked about player on the Washington Capitals.

This piece on the Penguins thinking Garrett Wilson is the answer to countering Tom Wilson is... not good. But, please, tell me more about how Tom Wilson isn't in the brains of all his opponents and how the Penguins aren't concerned with him.

And "Terrible" Tommy Tom Tom made #9 on the list of THN's Top 2018 NHL Stories. Again, please tell me how Tom Wilson isn't a unique, one-of-a-kind force in today's league.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
IMO, the Erik Karlsson suspension should disprove any concerns there's a conspiracy against the Caps and Wilson.

The DOPS is just incompetent and has no idea what they are trying to do.
LOLWUT?

In what universe does a two-game ban for EK say anything about how the league is handling Big Willy?

Jun 15, 2007
LOLWUT?

In what universe does a two-game ban for EK say anything about how the league is handling Big Willy?

In this one.

Karlsson getting suspended 2 games for a hit that I don't think was that bad shows that the DOPS is pretty arbitrary about what is a suspendable hit.

From there we can then infer that Wilson getting suspended for his hits but no one getting anything for the Oshie and Kuznetsov concussions might not be a result of an agenda against the Capitals, but rather all around incompetence on the part of the DOPS.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Who in the hell is Garrett Wilson?

*goes to google*

Oh it's some black guy that plays football....That can't be right.

*scrolls way down*

A brolic John Tavares lookalike. 27 year old bust and I just wasted 2 minutes of my life.

:eviltongu

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
In this one.

Karlsson getting suspended 2 games for a hit that I don't think was that bad shows that the DOPS is pretty arbitrary about what is a suspendable hit.

From there we can then infer that Wilson getting suspended for his hits but no one getting anything for the Oshie and Kuznetsov concussions might not be a result of an agenda against the Capitals, but rather all around incompetence on the part of the DOPS.

So you're saying because they're bad at their jobs they can't have any biases?

The counter to your argument is if TW made that hit it would be 234123 games

Jun 15, 2007

There's no need to assume malice when there's incompetence at play.

How is that a counter? There's not a fact. That's a random guess from you.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

This was Karlsson’s first career suspension I believe, which I believe makes plenty of sense to treat differently than what would have been Wilson’s 5th in about a year and a half. Others may feel differently though.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There's no need to assume malice when there's incompetence at play.

How is that a counter? There's not a fact. That's a random guess from you.

That's a canned answer that's now a trope. Malice, bias, and stupidity often go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia