Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Assuming FF had a hand in GM getting fired, ditching him ironically was exactly what our team needed.

I would have been on the ledge had we not protected Wilson. I remain 100% certain that George would have taken him.

In seeing how much he seems to adore reaves, I’d have to agree. Makfi would get those types of players, not to the level poile did, but he did. It was either a case of they couldn’t play or the coach didn’t want to play them most of the time.

Huggybear was the only one that got a long leash with the guy(s) behind the bench. But then again, he was a proven commodity at the time of acquisition.

Simon was the only tough guy with skill he ever had, and that skill was basically being a one-trick pony.....and, he was inherited.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
GMBM was ready to fight GMGM like it was 1998 preseason against Chicago if Wilson was taken....

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pitt just keeps taking their lumps, trying to stand up to Tom Wilson.

They should have a goon called up for our next game, or stop trying to pretend they want a piece of him. In unrelated news, Tom Sestito came out of retirement 48 hours ago.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Pitt just keeps taking their lumps, trying to stand up to Tom Wilson.

They should have a goon called up for our next game, or stop trying to pretend they want a piece of him. In unrelated news, Tom Sestito came out of retirement 48 hours ago.
If Olesiak can't handle Wilson then none of them can. Olkesiak is one of the toughest guys in the league. I guess that means Wilson is too.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
sarcasm, Willis.

Meanwhile, are you sure I wont go to the main boards and find posters there saying that Wilson jumped the guy unsuspecting and attacked him?

Since you're obsessed with how much respect the Caps get in the NHL forum, I have good news: there is a growing contingent of non-Caps fans that love Willy. Just read the Wilson thread.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Since you're obsessed with how much respect the Caps get in the NHL forum, I have good news: there is a growing contingent of non-Caps fans that love Willy. Just read the Wilson thread.

Going to do just that while I warm my hands with my morning coffee mixed with a cup of his hater's tears.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If Olesiak can't handle Wilson then none of them can. Olkesiak is one of the toughest guys in the league. I guess that means Wilson is too.

Not really. He has a big reach and can swing with the best of them but technically he isn't a very sound fighter and if he can't use that reach as to an advantage he's in a world of trouble against the toughest guys because he isn't very good at shielding himself or taking punches.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not really. He has a big reach and can swing with the best of them but technically he isn't a very sound fighter and if he can't use that reach as to an advantage he's in a world of trouble against the toughest guys because he isn't very good at shielding himself or taking punches.

I thought he was pretty good at taking punches.

Reactions: kicksavedave

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I just noticed that Aston Reese guy had the best seat in the house to see the fight. Front row.
He's either shook and having flashbacks or secretly happy he's not the only one.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Wilson.jpg

:naughty:

Reactions: searle

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They were talking about Wilson/Oleksiak -fight on Spitting cliclets, guys like Bissonnette and Whitney were calling out Oleksiak's fighting skills and talking how weird it was just to see Oleksiak turning his head towards Wilson when he was throwing bombs left and right and Bissonnette basically asked what the hell he was doing and told him to take some boxing lessons. Afterwards Whitney said again that every team would love to have him on their team and how valuable he is now and Bissonnette called him a 'monopoly'. :laugh:

They also thought that while people aren't too scared of him he's one of those guys who you are always aware when he steps onto the ice, and basically said that he's right up there with a guy like Reaves in a spot where they can do pretty much anything they want on the ice because most people don't touch them.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Obsession is not really my thing. But thanks for thinking of me.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Are there any good technical fighters in hockey now? At one time players actually worked on their fighting skills. Tiger Williams came from a boxing family.
Fighting has changed in hockey they break up fights so quickly now. Wilson's approach in this fight was perfect. Go to the offensive right away. Its not like the old days when guys squared off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad