Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If Sean Avery can get suspended for running his mouth, someone should have seen some discipline from signing the photos of an injured opponent.

You shouldn't need reminders as to why that's in bad taste, it should scream at you the moment someone asks you to sign the picture.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How can the league turn a blind eye to all this. Oh wait, they don't want to do a damn thing to risk the survival of Vegas as a franchise.

Of course the timing of Philly announcing the selection of their new Hakstol lovin' GM killed any chance of any negative vegas story catching wind.

If the main stream media doesn't report on something the NHL does nothing about it.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I can't believe Reeves actually admitted to doing this. I guarantee it was team management that got the photos destroyed. It doesnt matter whether or not any of the pictures were sold. The image is on the net now and Reeves has made a total ass of himself. He embarrassed his team.
The league should actually get involved with this. The Knights should be fined and Reeves should be suspended for behavior detrimental to the NHL.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Of course the timing of Philly announcing the selection of their new Hakstol lovin' GM killed any chance of any negative vegas story catching wind.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but for anyone curious about the dysfunction in the Flyers front office that led to Hextall getting canned while Hakstol stayed, read this:
Hex, Spies, and Smaller Plates - A Final Analysis of the Flyers' firing of Ron Hextall | Crossing Broad

Makes me feel a little better about the reporting that happened after McPhee got canned in Washington (obviously not nearly as much as the Cup did, though! :laugh: ) or the Orioles ongoing trainwreck. At least Washington/Baltimore isn't alone in our dysfunctional front offices.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but for anyone curious about the dysfunction in the Flyers front office....

Damn, Hairplugs sounds rather Oatsian. Not embracing hair loss will do that to a man.

I still contend Haks super passive PK in our series against them had nothing to do with the Hex factor... unless he was trying to lose to get fired and get out of there heh

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wilson should sign a picture of himself hoisting the Cup with Reaves' stat line from G5 written on it.

For those who don't remember, Reaves was on nacho duty for G5. How did he do in G1-4, you ask? I'm glad you asked. He contributed 1G in 4 games while averaging ~8 min TOI/game. He was, is, and will forever be a useless plug.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Wilson should sign a picture of himself hoisting the Cup with Reaves' stat line from G5 written on it.

For those who don't remember, Reaves was on nacho duty for G5. How did he do in G1-4, you ask? I'm glad you asked. He contributed 1G in 4 games while averaging ~8 min TOI/game. He was, is, and will forever be a useless plug.
I thought I'd remind you that the one goal he scored shouldn't have even counted. He crosschecked Carlson to the ice just before he scored. It should have been a penalty instead of a goal.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I thought I'd remind you that the one goal he scored shouldn't have even counted. He crosschecked Carlson to the ice just before he scored. It should have been a penalty instead of a goal.

Yup. Blatant crosscheck, and actually Tuch got called for the penalty on a very similar play later on in the series.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Don’t let Reaves get in your heads. Glass half empty is somehow this will result in more Caps getting run but I don’t see that because glass half full Wilson can wreck people as long as it isn’t a headshot without worrying about a 40 game suspension. I’d rather have this precedent with no suspension on a concussion where the head isn’t the point of contact than some western conference 4th liner missing 3 games.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Don’t let Reaves get in your heads. Glass half empty is somehow this will result in more Caps getting run but I don’t see that because glass half full Wilson can wreck people as long as it isn’t a headshot without worrying about a 40 game suspension. I’d rather have this precedent with no suspension on a concussion where the head isn’t the point of contact than some western conference 4th liner missing 3 games.

Hear and embrace Silky mitts' wisdom, people.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's not Reaves in our heads that we need to worry about. It's Tom's health. And the league not protecting our players heads, and Reaves actions in THE highest profile way showing others it's open season on Tom Wilson. Targeting, taunting, post game comments, publicizing, likely profiting.... what's left. It should be a PR nightmare for Vegas or the league, but it is a nightmare for us. Our stud up and coming mega power forward just got concussed.

Willy cannot do to anyone, what Reaves did to him. That is the problem. And it sure seems to be trickling down to other players on our team falling victim.

Hearing "Reaves is a plug!!!1!" won't get this out of your head. We could actually use a policeman now since Willy is on the shelf and hands tied when he isn't. Hands tied to his stick scoring goals.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's not Reaves, it's the way the narrative has morphed into "TW deserved it and the Caps get no benefit of the doubt because of TW", which is an excuse for bias against the team. No matter how well he plays it's now a presumption of fact that TW is a criminal on the ice and the Caps are complicit in his criminal behavior.

Of course it's 100% fear and jealousy, which is what the Reaves incident has highlighted. So the rival fans can piss and moan all they want. The issue is when the press and the league officers listen to that shit and decide among themselves that the angry mob is right.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Hearing "Reaves is a plug!!!1!" won't get this out of your head. We could actually use a policeman now since Willy is on the shelf and hands tied when he isn't. Hands tied to his stick scoring goals.

I was thinking about this and how expansion will effect the league. 23 more NHL jobs, every team losing a decent player. Those 23 new jobs across the league won't all be filled by soft skilled guys. At least a few policemen will get jobs in the NHL. The Caps have enough talent, I'd like to see them draft, trade, or build in a lab, a 240 lbs wrecking ball like the days of old, and I don't care if he's a 6 minute per night plug who couldn't hit an open net. He wouldn't be there to hit nets, he'd be there to hit faces.

If the rest of the league thinks its open season on Caps, the Caps HAVE to defend themselves, the league won't do it for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
In all seriousness, can anyone imagine another major pro sports league treating is champions this way? I don’t know if anyone else remembers but right after R2G6, the top story on NHL.com was something like “Pens Say ‘We’ll Be Back!’” I saw that right after it was posted and have never forgotten it. The league was pissed that the Caps 1) ruined the 3-peat and then 2) ruined the second-choice narrative of expansion champs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
In all seriousness, can anyone imagine another major pro sports league treating is champions this way? I don’t know if anyone else remembers but right after R2G6, the top story on NHL.com was something like “Pens Say ‘We’ll Be Back!’” I saw that right after it was posted and have never forgotten it. The league was pissed that the Caps 1) ruined the 3-peat and then 2) ruined the second-choice narrative of expansion champs.

I don't really agree with the playoff narrative. After the first round the league was in a no lose situation. Either the Pens 3 peat or the Ov. Either Yzerman or Ov. Either Vegas or Ov.

The Caps were an epic story by the end.

Now, this season, they have not treated the Caps well at all. Which I bank as a positive

Reactions: JenniferH

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't really agree with the playoff narrative. After the first round the league was in a no lose situation. Either the Pens 3 peat or the Ov. Either Yzerman or Ov. Either Vegas or Ov.

The Caps were an epic story by the end.

Now, this season, they have not treated the Caps well at all. Which I bank as a positive
Fair enough. I am basing this on the fact that they have treated the Caps so poorly. I can't figure out another reason.

Reactions: JenniferH

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Fair enough. I am basing this on the fact that they have treated the Caps so poorly. I can't figure out another reason.

If I recall the tv ratings were pretty strong and that was largely Ov. That said, the league has always seemed to not see the Caps the way we do. It doesn't look good with the Caps suffering 4 game concussions in less then 30 games with no discipline while suffering a 20 game suspension on their end.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Wilson is #12 in the NHL in points per game, one spot below Crosby, two above Ovechkin, at the moment.

NHL.com - Stats

Just for the sake of the Wilson PPG watch, I hope he somehow retains his spot on PP1 even after Oshie returns. I have a feeling he won't. But I also feel like he is actually pretty good there in the middle of the power play.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Wilson is #12 in the NHL in points per game, one spot below Crosby, two above Ovechkin, at the moment.

NHL.com - Stats

Just for the sake of the Wilson PPG watch, I hope he somehow retains his spot on PP1 even after Oshie returns. I have a feeling he won't. But I also feel like he is actually pretty good there in the middle of the power play.

Willy is good in the PP, thats not it. Oshie is above good. The way he makes room for Ovies slapper, propably the main reason our PP sucks right now. He has made art of screening guys just enough for Ovie to shoot the puck.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
It's not Reaves, it's the way the narrative has morphed into "TW deserved it and the Caps get no benefit of the doubt because of TW", which is an excuse for bias against the team. No matter how well he plays it's now a presumption of fact that TW is a criminal on the ice and the Caps are complicit in his criminal behavior.

Of course it's 100% fear and jealousy, which is what the Reaves incident has highlighted. So the rival fans can piss and moan all they want. The issue is when the press and the league officers listen to that **** and decide among themselves that the angry mob is right.
Also, I've never seen Wilson chase someone around like that, clearly and overtly trying to injure someone. That's what's so galling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad