Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Maybe it is real.

If it is, this is not something the league should be allowing.
If this is real then Reeves truly is a douchebag. And it would be a black mark on the NHL.
I can't believe people are praising this guy for his actions. If he hit one of the league poster boys things would be a lot different. For one he would definitely be suspended.
Anyway I dont believe that it is true. I can't see anyway player doing something like that.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Both are head cases, would rather keep the one that is at least a decent human being.
A move like that might not be a bad idea. Wilson is too good of a player and we can't afford him to be our enforcer. We could use a meathead like Reeves to do that.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
People see what they want to see....oh, you said that already.
Bottom line. The Caps won the Cup with Wilson on the first line. With him in the lineup they are 8-2 and were leading when he left in the 11th game.

Hate Tom Wilson at your peril.

Seems to me there is a principled middle ground between the haters and the homers.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Seems to me there is a principled middle ground between the haters and the homers.

Of course. That's where you think you are. I get it. Some of us that disagree with that description on your part would describe themselves as in that principled middle ground.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Some company I've never heard of in Vegas is not a mountain of evidence.
What are your standards for news then?

I mean unless you're familiar with the inner workings of the Vegas merchandise market I don't really see how "I've never heard of that company" is a great retort to the fact that multiple have confirmed they are a legitimate retailer with 2 brick and mortar stores and an online shop. In addition, they confirmed via phone to journalists that the autographs are real, have been authenticated, and they have photographic evidence of him actually signing it.

Your "I've never heard of this store" sniff test doesn't make any sense, I don't personally meet the guy running the CDC to take his word that if I munch down on lettuce last month I'd be riding the toilet for about 5 days.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Ryan Reeves will be out of the league in 3 years, he is a dying role in a league where every roster spot is expected to contribute points.

Burakovsky at least plays hockey.

I wouldn't trade a bag of pucks for Reeves, he's a waste of jersey, his career high is 13 points.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
What are your standards for news then?

I mean unless you're familiar with the inner workings of the Vegas merchandise market I don't really see how "I've never heard of that company" is a great retort to the fact that multiple have confirmed they are a legitimate retailer with 2 brick and mortar stores and an online shop. In addition, they confirmed via phone to journalists that the autographs are real, have been authenticated, and they have photographic evidence of him actually signing it.

Your "I've never heard of this store" sniff test doesn't make any sense, I don't personally meet the guy running the CDC to take his word that if I munch down on lettuce last month I'd be riding the toilet for about 5 days.

Everything you are typing about these guys - I am reading for the first time.

It sounds like it is real.

I guess to me that is just unbelievably bad on Reaves's part, and more importantly on the league's part if this goes unpunished. It just struck me as "too stupid to be true" territory. My initial reaction to the picture was this could easily be photoshopped or otherwise faked (which happens all the time on the inter webs). I guess my gut feel was bad on this one.

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Of course. That's where you think you are. I get it. Some of us that disagree with that description on your part would describe themselves as in that principled middle ground.

You guys have spent the past 4 days explaining why Tom Wilson - with a full second's notice - can't swerve 2 feet to avoid a player who was barely moving.

That's just homerism IMO. I mean, unless you also believed Pens fans when they claimed James Neal couldn't have avoided kneeing a stationary Brad Marchand in the head.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You guys have spent the past 4 days explaining why Tom Wilson - with a full second's notice - can't swerve 2 feet to avoid a player who was barely moving.

That's just homerism IMO. I mean, unless you also believed Pens fans when they claimed James Neal couldn't have avoided kneeing a stationary Brad Marchand in the head.

Ah, good. Another one who is convinced everyone else is nuts and they know better. Onward

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m now convinced you’re a Pens fan playing a long con now trolling us finally after all these years. And if you’re not, well done fighting your one man war against Tom Wilson.

Pathetic for a Caps fan to be this vehemently against one of our own.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ah, good. Another one who is convinced everyone else is nuts and they know better. Onward

Well, this a league where a dude concusses another guy, and then celebrates it and autographs pictures of the concussed guy while people cheer him on.

So yeah I do feel like the world is insane sometimes.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Everything you are typing about these guys - I am reading for the first time.

It sounds like it is real.

I guess to me that is just unbelievably bad on Reaves's part, and more importantly on the league's part if this goes unpunished. It just struck me as "too stupid to be true" territory. My initial reaction to the picture was this could easily be photoshopped or otherwise faked (which happens all the time on the inter webs). I guess my gut feel was bad on this one.

So my answer to that is rather than sound suspicious about the veracity of the story just ask for more information.

There is a difference in shouting "fake news" and going "can you tell me more about this?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-destroyed-vegas-says/?utm_term=.4949e3a01d4a

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I guess the joint selling the photo has taken it down, that or they sold out, lol.

I’ll say this, if the league can suspend a guy, and I’m pretty sure they did or fined him, for making a 1.5 second BJ gesture....they sure as hell should do something in this case.

Reactions: third man in

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I’m now convinced you’re a Pens fan playing a long con now trolling us finally after all these years. And if you’re not, well done fighting your one man war against Tom Wilson.

Pathetic for a Caps fan to be this vehemently against one of our own.

My post history is available for you to view any time you like.

I don't flex my principles out of homerism. Some things in life are more important than being a sports homer - damaging dude's brains falls under that category IMO.

Tell me, if Matt Cooke was a Capital during all those dirty plays, would you support him because he is "one of our own?" Would you have been one of the unprincipled mindless idiots gushing all over him in The Matt Cooke Appreciation Thread ?

I freely admit, I look down on that sort of fandom.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He was a Capital and I certainly didn’t waste everyone’s time fighting a one man war against the crime against humanity that Matt Cooke is. Get another hobby dude.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well, this a league where a dude concusses another guy, and then celebrates it and autographs pictures of the concussed guy while people cheer him on.

So yeah I do feel like the world is insane sometimes.

Would you consider yourself a pacifist?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Ok well you're just basically arguing with 99% of Caps fans, plus most non-Caps fans, the Caps themselves, and their coaches on this one. Good luck with that.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad