Tom Wilson hit on Sundqvist | Suspended 20 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Domi gets a 5 pre-season game suspension for a sucker punch to the head of someone with a concussion history, but Wilson gets 20 regular season games? Pffft

Apparently Parros has had to many hits to the head himself!

Oh and i am NOT a Caps fan by any means.
Is understanding that Wilson got as many games as he did as he is a repeat offended that difficult?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Domi gets a 5 pre-season game suspension for a sucker punch to the head of someone with a concussion history, but Wilson gets 20 regular season games? Pffft

Apparently Parros has had to many hits to the head himself!

Oh and i am NOT a Caps fan by any means.
Domi wasn't looking at his 4th suspension in less than 2 years. If he does it again, he'll get more.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
Soon enough there will be no fighting or hitting in hockey! If this keeps up, hockey will be as entertaining as curling.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
hafta agree with 20 upon seeing this new footage, CLEARLY shoulder to head .....Wilson has had too many suspensions, maybe he learns from this one.....maybe not, his choice :sarcasm:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Here is the thing. Head shots happens and people get suspended for it. Injuries happen. Usually though most players have at most 2-3 suspensions in a career or before they learn to settle down. This is Wilson's 4th since September 22nd, 2017. He clearly didn't learn the first 3 times, that's why this suspension isn't so high. This isn't the odd dirty play every year or 2. This is his 4th suspension worthy play in 13 months.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well this is clearly just about sending a message. You can bet they've had intense discussions before, and i'd imagine they expected Wilson to be smarter this year, instead he goes out and gets himself back in there for a hit in the pre-season.

It obviously seems excessive but then again if it wasn't going to be this hit, based on recent history it probably would've been some other one in the future and that's what they're trying to prevent.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
20 games is more than warrented. Hope the next one would be an entire season.

And my response to Wilson and his shrinking fan base:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad