Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
finally. lot of players around the league can breathe a sigh of relief

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Domi gets a 5 pre-season game suspension for a sucker punch to the head of someone with a concussion history, but Wilson gets 20 regular season games? Pffft

Apparently Parros has had to many hits to the head himself!

Oh and i am NOT a Caps fan by any means.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Damn right. REAL MEN love guys getting their brains turned into gravy because some scrub can't control himself on the ice.

I prefer hockey when they just let the players hit each other in the head with sticks. If I can't tell that a guy has suffered some real severe brain damage, I just don't enjoy myself.
I think more players need to just straight up run the goalies. More goals will be scored and the goalies will no longer be sissies in their safe space.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Today’s “cancelled” culture is getting people’s entire lives ruined because of opinions. Someone who disagrees with you about a hockey hit doesn’t deserve to be fired, it’s sickening
And in my post that you quoted, I said the same.

The only grey area is, he's being paid for his opinions, so if his opinions aren't viewed by the market as good and worth value, then he'd probably be let go by his employers. He absolutely shouldn't be fired for his tweets on this, I'm just saying if someone has a pattern of bad opinions, and they are being paid for their opinions, then they probably won't have great job security.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Domi gets a 5 pre-season game suspension for a sucker punch to the head of someone with a concussion history, but Wilson gets 20 regular season games? Pffft

I don't think the player getting hit or punched injury history every comes into play with suspensions.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

I agree with you on this one. A sucker punch is not a hockey play and should result in large suspensions, but for some reason that's not really something anyone seems to be worried about.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
If you can’t see the game trending that way then I don’t know what to tell you

You seem to be under the assumption that the game heading in that direction is a bad thing. Like really......making the game safer while emphasizing speed and skill is a bad thing now? You do realize they can still hit each other legally right?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If it’s a clean hit it is what it is. Matthews doesn’t tend to look at his feet cutting across the trolley tracks though
Either did Sundqvist, he cut across the ice, shot the puck (was looking at the net) and gets smoked in the head, which is not a legal hit. Wilson had all the opportunity to lay a clean hit, but he didn't. He hit the head of a guy whose head was in the same height and position the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad