Tom Wilson dirty hit (Suspension incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
40% of the time he was centered by someone OTHER THAN Backstrom or Kuzketsov. You simply wont listen. Ok, thats fine.

You have your "I hate Tom Wilson" narrative, and you wear it like a Scarlet Letter. We can move on.

When he is suspended for 10 games, and then manages to get 40pts in the remaining 70, we can circle back.

Cheers
I can't wait for you to eat all that crow. It's going to be magical when he has 10 points in December. And I still believe last I checked that 60 is greater then 40 which means the majority of the time he played with Backstom or Kuznetsov. I get numbers aren't your strong suit, but come on buddy, that one is pretty easy. But you have a good day thinking those adorable thoughts while your boy gets sat down for 12 games because he likes to injure opponents.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
years ago if stevens made that hit then 90% commenting for wilson to be suspended asap would be cheering with beer in hand.

Years ago we didn't understand the impact concussions could have later in life.

The landscape has changed, so has people's perception to match it.

The world is not static, it evolves.

Your logic is the equivalent of saying that 2000 years ago having lions eat Christians in front of a stadium full of people was great entertainment. Most of us would have cheered as the dirty monotheists got devoured by the noble (starved) lions.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Weird. No quotes from Wilson that I have seen.

Almost like nobody has ever paid a dollar to watch him play, or gives a crap what this plug thinks :laugh:
Yep. Ppl are quiet when he scores or hits clean. Only 2 pages and almost zero media coverage on a dirty preseason Bortuzzo`s hit to the head and 36 pages + Sidney`s statement in this situation. Funny!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I can't wait for you to eat all that crow. It's going to be magical when he has 10 points in December. And I still believe last I checked that 60 is greater then 40 which means the majority of the time he played with Backstom or Kuznetsov. I get numbers aren't your strong suit, but come on buddy, that one is pretty easy. But you have a good day thinking those adorable thoughts while your boy gets sat down for 12 games because he likes to injure opponents.

I feel like I am talking to a chimp with a hand drum. All I hear is incessant noise. You are using numbers to show part truths and half facts.

As I said to Riptide. Use the whole thing. RS and Playoffs. 50pts in 99 games (I forgot he missed 4 RS games)

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Yep. Ppl are quiet when he scores or hits clean. Only 2 pages and almost zero media coverage on a dirty preseason Bortuzzo`s hit to the head and 36 pages + Sidney`s statement in this situation. Funny!
That's because hes always getting in trouble, so why try to make him out to be some kind of poor victim?

Maybe you know there is something there and its deserving? I don't know, its a crazy theory.

Its a Trap

I feel like I am talking to a chimp with a hand drum. All I hear is incessant noise. You are using numbers to show part truths and half facts.

As I said to Riptide. Use the whole thing. RS and Playoffs. 50pts in 99 games (I forgot he missed 4 RS games)
That's not what you were just arguing. You said Regular season. Now you want to change it to everything? And I'm the chimp banging on the drum? Sure thing buddy, sure thing.

Reactions: Riptide

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

But still nobody cares what plug Tom Wilson has to say.

I doubt he has the brain power to string two sentences together.

I am sure the media is aware of this.

Enjoy his 20 point seasons at 6 million a year + increasingly long suspensions, Caps' fans!

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Why are you guys arguing about point totals regarding a suspendable offense from a player often suspended? Is that supposed to somehow alleviate the situation?

So if the argument is that hes a top liner instead of a bottom sixer would the suspension actually be worse from his perspective because hes hurting the team more as a valuable asset that will miss significant time?

So its best to leave that argument behind because your boy toy does not win in that regard and that makes him look even more foolish and careless.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

It's common sense that Wilson would draw more media and fan attention every time he does this compared to Bortuzzo. Common sense doesn't seem to be so common any longer :sarcasm:

Its a Trap

Why are you guys arguing about point totals regarding a suspendable offense from a player often suspended? Is that supposed to somehow alleviate the situation?
It's just fun for me to piss in this guys Wheaties after he and countless others refuse to acknowledge what a terrible, dirty player Tom Wilson is.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Good on Sid for calling it what it is.
Actually it isn't good on Sid. Crosby is actually a dirtier player than Wilson is so he has no business saying anything. Crosby's dirty plays are all intentional.
I wouldnt call Wilson a dirty player. His bad hits aren't intentional. Wilson's problem is that he totally out of control on the ice. He is like a bull in a China shop. He might be the most dangerous player in the NHL. He has to tone it down.
I am a Caps fan and I have tried to defend him. I love his energy and physical play but he has to get these types of hits out of his game.
I expect he will get in the neighborhood of 10 games and I agree he should.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Actually it isn't good on Sid. Crosby is actually a dirtier player than Wilson is so he has no business saying anything. Crosby's dirty plays are all intentional.
I wouldnt call Wilson a dirty player. His bad hits aren't intentional. Wilson's problem is that he totally out of control on the ice. He is like a bull in a China shop. He might be the most dangerous player in the NHL. He has to tone it down.
I am a Caps fan and I have tried to defend him. I love his energy and physical play but he has to get these types of hits out of his game.

What ridiculous nonsense.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
It's just fun for me to piss in this guys Wheaties after he and countless others refuse to acknowledge what a terrible, dirty player Tom Wilson is.
Hey, Fernando Pisani led the league in playoff goals in 06, i am sure people argued he was a top sixer. I remember back in the days where John Druce was a huge force and players would comment how he was a first liner based on his one fluky playoff run.

I am sure it happened.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Funny part is, its a very small number i think the poll is showing that 90% of people believe it was a dirty hit.

Its a Trap

Being an out of control player on the ice and not doing anything to correct it, is by default being intentionally dirty. He knows he plays like a psychopath who's hits tend to be questionable and injure those on the receiving end and he doesn't want to change.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Crosby is dirty but in the same sneaky way Marchand and others are.

Wilson is out there to maim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad