Tom Wilson dirty hit (Suspension incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
"lalalalalalalala I'm right and you're wrong."

Ok, I've had enough fun playing with the mathematically challenged. Have a nice day.

Wilson was 173rd for all forwards in points. 31 teams x 6 = 186. it is what it is

2017‑2018 NHL Forward Scoring Leaders

Rest of this is just wasting time and energy. He WILL get suspended. He SHOULD get suspended.

On a side note-- its fun to see Devils fan and Pens fan enjoying each others company so much.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
40% of the time he was centered by someone OTHER THAN Backstrom or Kuzketsov. You simply wont listen. Ok, thats fine.

You have your "I hate Tom Wilson" narrative, and you wear it like a Scarlet Letter. We can move on.

When he is suspended for 10 games, and then manages to get 40pts in the remaining 70, we can circle back.

Cheers
I don't know if you're talking about total TOI which would obviously lower his TOI with Backstrom and Kuzy or if you're strictly going by who may have been centering the line but Wilson did NOT play 40% of his even strength time away from Backstrom and Kuzy. Not even close.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What ridiculous nonsense.
So you disagree that Wilson is the most dangerous player in the league and that he shouldn't get 10 games?
Oh maybe you are coming to the defense of Crybaby Crosby. I'm sorry but he is on of the dirtiest players in the league. Slashing, spearing and slewfooting are his specialties. And they are all premeditated. They aren't accidental.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
So you disagree that Wilson is the most dangerous player in the league and that he shouldn't get 10 games?
Oh maybe you are coming to the defense of Crybaby Crosby. I'm sorry but he is on of the dirtiest players in the league. Slashing, spearing and slewfooting are his specialties. And they are all premeditated. They aren't accidental.
Sorry, I am not carrying on this ridiculous line of conversation where a whiny Caps fan wants to equate Tom Wilson to Sidney Crosby in any regard. :laugh:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know if you're talking about total TOI which would obviously lower his TOI with Backstrom and Kuzy or if you're strictly going by who may have been centering the line but Wilson did NOT play 40% of his even strength time away from Backstrom and Kuzy. Not even close.

he was 75% of his ES time w Kuz/Backstrom. Total ice time was around 60%. he didnt get hardly any PP time (very very little)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

he was 75% of his ES time w Kuz/Backstrom. Total ice time was around 60%. he didnt get hardly any PP time (very very little)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Crosby is dirty but in the same sneaky way Marchand and others are.

Wilson is out there to maim.
Wilson isn't a player known for his stick work. He flies around trying to hit everything in sight. He is completely reckless when he is going for a hit.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
40.9% of his playing time was with both Backstrom and Ovechkin. 21.3% was with Kuznetsov and Ovechkin. 6.1% was with Kuznetsov and Vrana. 1.9% with Backstrom and Oshie. 1.1% with Travis Boyd and Ovechkin.

71.3% of the time Tom Wilson played, he had at least one of Ovechkin, Kuznetsov or Backstrom with him.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Wilson was 173rd for all forwards in points. 31 teams x 6 = 186. it is what it is

Rest of this is just wasting time and energy. He WILL get suspended. He SHOULD get suspended.

On a side note-- its fun to see Devils fan and Pens fan enjoying each others company so much.
He was also 192nd in PPG among forwards. I have a hard time saying Wilson is a top 6 forward because he was just barely in the top 186 in scoring but guys like Bobby Ryan and David Backes are not because they had 2 less points in like 20 fewer games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Actually it isn't good on Sid. Crosby is actually a dirtier player than Wilson is so he has no business saying anything. Crosby's dirty plays are all intentional.
I wouldnt call Wilson a dirty player. His bad hits aren't intentional. Wilson's problem is that he totally out of control on the ice. He is like a bull in a China shop. He might be the most dangerous player in the NHL. He has to tone it down.
I am a Caps fan and I have tried to defend him. I love his energy and physical play but he has to get these types of hits out of his game.
I expect he will get in the neighborhood of 10 games and I agree he should.
wow, this is some ridiculous mental gymnastics to avoid calling Wilson dirty. Of course his hits are intentional, that's why they keep happening over and over

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
He was also 192nd in PPG among forwards. I have a hard time saying Wilson is a top 6 forward because he was just barely in the top 186 in scoring but guys like Bobby Ryan and David Backes are not because they had 2 less points in like 20 fewer games.

Backes is a top 6F, IMO. Ryan was...not sure anymore.

192nd in p/game for a guy with no PP time?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Sorry, I am not carrying on this ridiculous line of conversation where a whiny Caps fan wants to equate Tom Wilson to Sidney Crosby in any regard. :laugh:
Because I am right. And how am I being a whiny Caps fan. I already said that Wilson might be the most dangerous player in the league and he deserves 10 games.
My point was that Crosby has no right calling out anyone.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

God, just go away already. No one want's to hear your dribble.

I guess by your logic, Miles Wood isn't a fourth liner because he was 197th.

But I do enjoy how according to your logic Wilson is a better player then Nino Niederreiter. Really solid argument there. Last I checked though, Nino scores more and doesn't try to injure opponents 4 times in one year. Damn he's so terrible.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah, so he scored 35 points playing almost all of his time on the ice with an elite center. I know Wilson didn't get any PP time but it's not like he earned it but didn't receive any. He still had the benefit of playing with excellent linemates all season and still produced at a 3rd line pace.

Reactions: Riptide

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Can you prove his checks to the head are intentional? Or it's your opinion?
You lose the benefit of the doubt when you've had multiple issues regarding the same thing. There's guys that have been in the league a lot longer than Tom Wilson that have never had issues with hitting other guys in the head.

That's why it sucks to be a dirty player. Even if you just make a mistake, you don't get that benefit anymore when it's the 4th/5th time it's happened.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Actually it isn't good on Sid. Crosby is actually a dirtier player than Wilson is so he has no business saying anything. Crosby's dirty plays are all intentional.
I wouldnt call Wilson a dirty player. His bad hits aren't intentional. Wilson's problem is that he totally out of control on the ice. He is like a bull in a China shop. He might be the most dangerous player in the NHL. He has to tone it down.
I am a Caps fan and I have tried to defend him. I love his energy and physical play but he has to get these types of hits out of his game.
I expect he will get in the neighborhood of 10 games and I agree he should.

Let me know when Crosby has been suspended once, never mind 3 times... let alone 3 times in the same season - with a 4th incoming prior to the next season even starting. 4 suspensions in 53 weeks. I'm not going to say that Crosby plays a clean game, because he doesn't. But the shit he does on the ice is pretty similar to that of the rest of the league.

You might not call Wilson dirty, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a dirty player. And it's by intent. His whole style of play is intentional. He may not mean to hit guys the way he does, but it's not some "accident" that just "happens" - repeatedly. He does this intentionally, and it needs to stop.

As you said, his energy and physical play is great (even as someone who can't stand him, I recognize that). But if he can't tone it down, he's going to lose out on a shit ton of money and it won't be long before he's out of the league.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
wow, this is some ridiculous mental gymnastics to avoid calling Wilson dirty. Of course his hits are intentional, that's why they keep happening over and over
He is trying to hit the guy but he isn't intentionally trying to hit him in the head. He is just so reckless he doesnt seem to know where he is going to hit him.
Have you never played any sports before? When I played guys had reputations. Some guys you knew where a bit dirty. Those guys were a nuisance to play against. Then there was the reckless guys like Wilson. It was scary playing against guys like that. I always hated playing against players that were out of control.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
He is trying to hit the guy but he isn't intentionally trying to hit him in the head. He is just so reckless he doesnt seem to know where he is going to hit him.
Have you never played any sports before? When I played guys had reputations. Some guys you knew where a bit dirty. Those guys were a nuisance to play against. Then there was the reckless guys like Wilson. It was scary playing against guys like that. I always hated playing against players that were out of control.
"I know he hit that guy, that guy and that guy in the head but he didn't do it intentionally. He just didn't care if he did because that's how he plays."

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Nobody needs to prove it. His history speaks for itself. 4 times in a single calendar year. That's flat out disgusting.
History? Historically, there much more car accidents than plane crashes, that u might think that airplanes are safer. But it's not. There is much less air planes than the cars so % of ppl diying is much higher. With amount of hits Wilson delivers, % of hits to the heads is pretty low, which is surprising when u consider his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad