Tom Wilson dirty hit (Suspension incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
The link proves your dont do your homework. and this most recent post proves more of the same. Wilson spent 60% of his ES time w Backstrom or Kuznetsov. 25pts. If he'd been with them all season, he'd be narrowing in on 45-50 ES points. no PP time.

He is a top 6 W, and his production shows it. Period Your opinion isnt relevant....the facts are pretty easy to see.
Ahhhh finally. We’ve reached peak HF! “Of course he’d have so many more points if he played on the PP or got more ice time”.

No it doesn’t. His production shows bottom 6. He had 35 points. That’s a 3 and a 5 combined. Not 45. Not 55. 35. That’s 3rd line production. Not second line. Certainly not first line as you and all your fellow fans spent all summer claiming.

What about the fact that he didn’t have this super amazing finish to the season that I keep hearing about too that you just mentioned? Would you like me to post the game logs for him for the last 2 months? Cause it isn’t pretty. Not pretty at all

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Penguins' Sidney Crosby says message isn't getting through to Tom Wilson on head shots

Penguins' Sidney Crosby says message isn't getting through to Tom Wilson on head shots

“We’ve talked about it a lot with him. He still chooses to make those hits. I’m sure the league’s well aware of that,” Crosby said. “I just don’t know how many opportunities you need. Obviously the point hasn’t been made yet.”

Only took like what, 4 years?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
We’ve talked about it a lot with him. He still chooses to make those hits. I’m sure the league’s well aware of that,” Crosby said. “I just don’t know how many opportunities you need. Obviously the point hasn’t been made yet.”

Wait, Crosby himself talked to Wilson about it? That's actually kind of cool.

I wonder if testicle shots came up as well?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Ahhhh finally. We’ve reached peak HF! “Of course he’d have so many more points if he played on the PP or got more ice time”.

No it doesn’t. His production shows bottom 6. He had 35 points. That’s a 3 and a 5 combined. Not 45. Not 55. 35. That’s 3rd line production. Not second line. Certainly not first line as you and all your fellow fans spent all summer claiming.

What about the fact that he didn’t have this super amazing finish to the season that I keep hearing about too that you just mentioned? Would you like me to post the game logs for him for the last 2 months? Cause it isn’t pretty. Not pretty at all

Sigh. We've been over this. Shame you cant understand it. Tom Wilson was 124th in forwards in ES points. In the entire NHL. 31 teams. So....yeah. so 4 per team (on average) were better. 6 forwards on the top 2 lines, correct?

Not sure how that makes him a 3rd liner. You follow the Devils, yes? How many of their forwards had more than 33 ES points?

He's a top 6 forward. I dont know what other figures you need to look at. And frankly, I dont care.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
In other news every team in the NHL has announced their new third jerseys for every team playing the Capitals this year.....

latest

Funny it enough, it will be made by Wilson athletic wear.

Its a Trap

He had 28pts in his last 58 games. 40pt clip. And again, no PP time.

You have had an ax to grind on Wilson for a while. Figures.

Oh so now we’re changing definition of half a season are we? Last I checked 58 was not 42 and in the last 42 games of the season Tom Wilson had...17 points. He had 10 more in the 16 games before that bringing his total to...27. Thank you for making it obvious how much trouble you have with numbers. That makes your comments all the more bearable.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

“We’ve talked about it a lot with him. He still chooses to make those hits. I’m sure the league’s well aware of that,” Crosby said. “I just don’t know how many opportunities you need. Obviously the point hasn’t been made yet.”

Good on Sid for calling it what it is.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Uh oh, the Crosby comments can't be good, can't upset the leagues golden boy.

Though i agree with him in this instance, but it does not look good for Wilson. Maybe if more players would slash off fingers of other skaters it would discourage the head shots because they would be too busy trying to find their finger on the ice.

Solved it.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
It's also far easier to see things clearly without a massive bias there. The guy might complement his linemates perfectly... but that doesn't make him a top 6 winger. The skill just isn't there. That doesn't mean he's not effective in his role... but there's a difference in one's individual skill/ability and how they work on a line.

Watch his goals from just then 2018 playoffs (never mind his assists). This is where we diverge. He makes skilled plays. Sure, hes a goon etc....but his hands have come a very long way. In fact, all of his points are on this video. I would understand why you wouldnt want to watch it, as a Pens fan (I couldnt watch the Pens win their previous 2 Cups)

Lots of skill. Will leave it at that

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Oh so now we’re changing definition of half a season are we? Last I checked 58 was not 42 and in the last 42 games of the season Tom Wilson had...17 points. He had 10 more in the 16 games before that bringing his total to...27. Thank you for making it obvious how much trouble you have with numbers. That makes your comments all the more bearable.

Sigh. Keep going. You will eventually get there

Its a Trap

Sigh. We've been over this. Shame you cant understand it. Tom Wilson was 124th in forwards in ES points. In the entire NHL. 31 teams. So....yeah. so 4 per team (on average) were better. 6 forwards on the top 2 lines, correct?

Not sure how that makes him a 3rd liner. You follow the Devils, yes? How many of their forwards had more than 33 ES points?

He's a top 6 forward. I dont know what other figures you need to look at. And frankly, I dont care.
This is comic gold if you think he’d have scored 35 points on the Devils or other teams because he wouldn’t be spoon fed time with players like Backstrom and Kuznetzov because spoiler alert: he’s not a top-6 forward.

On the Devils? Well that would place him...fourth? Tied for 4th actually with a 19 year old who ended the season with 3 points in his last 40 and 3 more then Miles Wood a fourth liner. Nice try. Not that impressive especially for a rebuilding team.

And of course you don’t care. You’ll cling to anything to justify that ridiculous 5.5 million dollar contract that everyone in the hockey world ridiculed.

Sigh. Keep going. You will eventually get there

Nah man you haven’t proven anything but keep acting like you have. No one is believing your crap.

Reactions: Riptide

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Though i agree with him in this instance, but it does not look good for Wilson. Maybe if more players would slash off fingers of other skaters it would discourage the head shots because they would be too busy trying to find their finger on the ice.

Solved it.
You guys bitch that he is a robot and bitch when he speaks his mind.

Whatever.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He skates well for his size and he's just bigger than other players! He's not dirty at all! You guys are all just jealous he's not on your team!

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Solved it.
What's worse, a head injury or a finger injury?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
To play Devil's advocate here, he had just barely gotten rid of the puck, was headed into the middle of the ice, and saw Wilson coming when he got hit. Wilson does come up a little early but maybe he saw the player come up and tried (and failed) to reposition himself to not hit him too low?

Dunno why he's hitting like this in the preseason but I dont think its 20 games worthy like some people are suggesting

The NHL needs players particularly Wilson know that if you choose to hit someone and don’t do it properly (ie get someone in the head) you will be suspended (exceptional circumstances granted).

These guys are professionals most do and are capable of the right thing. It’s not too much to ask to think about your actions instead of gambling with someone’s brain. There are accidents sure. Wilson shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt though with his history.

Reactions: Cellee

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I watch players cut to the middle of the ice all the time. Sometimes they get stood up by a dman crossing over...with a clean hit.

There is no amount of mental gymnastics that can even offer a hint of this not being 100% on Wilson.
Why are you quoting me? I never said this hit wasnt on Wilson.
My question is. If the hit was legal and the player still got hurt, would it still be on Wilson.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Oh no! Tom Wilson is screwed. Superstar Sidney Crosby talked about him.
Weird. No quotes from Wilson that I have seen.

Almost like nobody has ever paid a dollar to watch him play, or gives a crap what this plug thinks :laugh:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
This is comic gold if you think he’d have scored 35 points on the Devils or other teams because he wouldn’t be spoon fed time with players like Backstrom and Kuznetzov because spoiler alert: he’s not a top-6 forward.

On the Devils? Well that would place him...fourth? Tied for 4th actually with a 19 year old who ended the season with 3 points in his last 40 and 3 more then Miles Wood a fourth liner. Nice try. Not that impressive especially for a rebuilding team.

And of course you don’t care. You’ll cling to anything to justify that ridiculous 5.5 million dollar contract that everyone in the hockey world ridiculed.

Nah man you haven’t proven anything but keep acting like you have. No one is believing your crap.

40% of the time he was centered by someone OTHER THAN Backstrom or Kuzketsov. You simply wont listen. Ok, thats fine.

You have your "I hate Tom Wilson" narrative, and you wear it like a Scarlet Letter. We can move on.

When he is suspended for 10 games, and then manages to get 40pts in the remaining 70, we can circle back.

Cheers

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

“You also understand there are instances where guys get hit and it’s part of the game. It happens fast and it’s intense out there,” Crosby said. “When a guy does it a handful of times, you start to question what the intent is.”

Pretty sure his intent is fairly clear at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad