Confirmed with Link: Toews out indefinitely with illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Y'all so greedy. We had the privilege of watching 3 Cup victories.
Canucks, Sabres, Predators, Sharks fans to list a few have never won a cup .. ever.
Then there are the teams who have won but it's been like a long long time since like the Leafs, Islanders, Flames, Habs etc. It's indeed a rare thing especially with having 31 teams and soon. to be 32 to win one cup let alone 3.
I for one cheered on the Hawks from '69 as a kid till 2010 to finally taste the sweet nectar of Lord Stanley .. that's 41 years .. more than a good many a poster here has been alive.
We were a lucky fan base. Very lucky.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
BobbyJet is the guy at the party that tells you that you made his drink too strong. Holy shit man. Lighten the f*** up.

You would think someone your age, who was a fan through the true dark ages, who waited FIFTY f***ING YEARS between Stanley Cups, and then saw three cups in six seasons, wouldn't be such a f***ing buzzkill.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Another example of someone who is perfectly fine with living in the past. It's 2021, not 2015.
How so?

I dont get how the person who literally wanted, probably still does, want Mike Kenan hired and the Hawks to play old-school style is talking that other people live in the past and not the present.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Toews is truly done, his career numbers are actually really close to Lindros, even if he doesn't have the same peak and played 183 more games.

Lindros: 372-493-865 in 760 games over 13 seasons.
Toews: 345-470-815 in 943 games over 13 seasons.

Is there precedent here for Toews getting into the HOF if Lindros got in?

Also, in no way am I saying that Toews is/was anywhere close to the same talent. Just about numbers and the HOF, and that they're similar in raw point totals. (games played not being taken into account)

Last edited:

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
If Toews is truly done, his career numbers are actually really close to Lindros, even if he doesn't have the same peak and played 183 more games.

Also, in no way am I saying that Toews is/was anywhere close to the same talent. Just about numbers and the HOF, and that they're similar in raw point totals. (games played not being taken into account)

I would say, solely based on your numbers comparison.....no.

Using your numbers, if Lindros played the same number of games as Toews, with his career PPG he would have had 1073 points. Not all that comparable.

There are other elements to look at though and I do believe he would be in the HOF at some point, if he were done playing now.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I would say, solely based on your numbers comparison.....no.

Using your numbers, if Lindros played the same number of games as Toews, with his career PPG he would have had 1073 points. Not all that comparable.

There are other elements to look at though and I do believe he would be in the HOF at some point, if he were done playing now.
Yeah, like the 3 Cups and Selke with multiple top 3 finishes. Do those things make up for not being special offensively?

That is the question.

Obviously I know that Lindros was well on his way to being an all timer before Stevens attempted to decapitate him.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

You don’t need whatever these gymnastics are to make a case for Toews getting in the HOF when Kevin Lowe is in.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
The main board is going to spazz out so hard lol
Toews was hated and labeled overrated when he was playing simply because other teams didn't have him and Chicago did. I'd bet that when his number is called for HOF, those same naysayers opinions will change. Nostalgia does things to peoples minds.

It's not like #19 was Torres or Avery. In 10 years, people will only remember how f***ing stellar he was when it mattered most.

Reactions: hawksrule

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
You don’t need whatever these gymnastics are to make a case for Toews getting in the HOF when Kevin Lowe is in.
also it's not just what happened in the NHL it's on international hockey play as well where he excelled much more than many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad