Confirmed with Link: Toews out indefinitely with illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Most defensemen in the 80s and early 90s could barely skate. And the same goes for most third and fourth liners.... Let's be honest here. Lol.

Perhaps the next time you line up against one of those 50-60 year old players who could hardly skate in anything other than a friendly charity game (and plenty of the still lace em up) you could try that line on them how they could hardly skate.

Then scrape yourself off the glass, slither to the bench with a new understanding.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Perhaps the next time you line up against one of those 50-60 year old players who could hardly skate in anything other than a friendly charity game (and plenty of the still lace em up) you could try that line on them how they could hardly skate.

Then scrape yourself off the glass, slither to the bench with a new understanding.
Wouldn't they have to catch him, first?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Lol. Most of the guys that played in the 80s and early 90s are in their sixties..... Good luck to any of them that believe they can skate with me.

I play over forty elite league in Chicago... I'm infinitely more aware of the average skating abilities of these players than you are. You know, seeing as how I'm actually playing with them.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Lol. Most of the guys that played in the 80s and early 90s are in their sixties..... Good luck to any of them that believe they can skate with me.

I play over forty elite league in Chicago... I'm infinitely more aware of the average skating abilities of these players than you are. You know, seeing as how I'm actually playing with them.

LOL

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

The notion that dmen from the ‘60s-‘80s were good skaters compared to today’s nhl players is a ridiculously hysterical hill for you to die on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad