Confirmed with Link: Toews out indefinitely with illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Miss the start of the season, which is in two weeks. Don’t like that at all.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Brutal hit to the squad. Could be an extra tough year coming up if he's out long term.

Get healthy soon

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I posted this a week ago on this board. I don't believe it's an illness, but an injury from training, although perhaps something related to training revealed the illness.

Either way, sounds like he is out months, not weeks based on Pierre McGuire's initial mention which I shared. I know there was negative reaction to the post and many doubts at the time, and for that same reason I guess, a moderator seems to have deleted the post. I guess it was deemed non-factual? Funny, for a message board. In the end, this is one where it seems Hawks fans are now last to know as this has been circulating for a while.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I posted this a week ago on this board. I don't believe it's an illness, but an injury from training, although perhaps something related to training revealed the illness.

Either way, sounds like he is out months, not weeks based on Pierre McGuire's initial mention which I shared. I know there was negative reaction to the post and many doubts at the time, and for that same reason I guess, a moderator seems to have deleted the post. I guess it was deemed non-factual? Funny, for a message board. In the end, this is one where it seems Hawks fans are now last to know as this has been circulating for a while.

They would have said injury if it was an injury.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
My worst fear is that JT caught covid and has not yet fully recovered.
That's your worst fear? Covid won't make you miss the start of the season, if you get it now. Assuming it's what all the other NHLers who caught it had.

It's a much "bigger" issue. I use quotation marks because I know covid can be lethal, but it's probably non-flu related issue that doesn't heal as fast.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My worst fear is that JT caught covid and has not yet fully recovered.

I doubt it’s covid. If he had it at least a week ago they would expect him back for the season.

On another note down the middle we’re looking at Strome/Soderberg/Carpenter. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Relax. The post was just moved until there was more clarity.

Based on what they’re saying this morning, this seems different than what you mentioned.

Also, no reason to attempt a butt hurt victory lap on fan board of a team that just found out it’s captain is out for a while. That’s pretty shitty stuff.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's your worst fear? Covid won't make you miss the start of the season, if you get it now. Assuming it's what all the other NHLers who caught it had.

It's a much "bigger" issue. I use quotation marks because I know covid can be lethal, but it's probably non-flu related issue that doesn't heal as fast.

This isn’t really true. It could 100% make him miss the start. Hit everyone different.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Dylan Strome's agent just iced a bottle of champagne and doubled his asking price for extension.

I think they'll give Wallmark a look at 3C, or Kurashev makes the team.
Wallmark/Janmark/Soderberg/Kampf/(Carpenter)

If Strome doesn't sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad