Player Discussion Tobias Rieder

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Obviously Bobby stepped over the line with what was said Esp doing it in such a public setting.

But after reading into it a bit it seems Bobby is basically saying reieder was basically hoping to use the Oilers to cash in. Saying many teams offered reieder contract but e choose Edmonton hoping to play with drai or mcdavid and literally cash in This summer after having a career year on there wing

Sounds like Bob is deflecting of course and fling blame every which way but his

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Obviously Bobby stepped over the line with what was said Esp doing it in such a public setting.

But after reading into it a bit it seems Bobby is basically saying reieder was basically hoping to use the Oilers to cash in. Saying many teams offered reieder contract but e choose Edmonton hoping to play with drai or mcdavid and literally cash in This summer after having a career year on there wing

Sounds like Bob is deflecting of course and fling blame every which way but his

Fair point, but Rieder is also an RFA. So if he was cashing in, it would be with this team. For 4 years. (Which would have been bad assuming he ended up cratering during that time like he did this year, but alas.)

Last edited:

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Blaming a career 4th liner for not making the playoffs. What a pathetic management group. Maybe they should blame themselves for putting together a **** team.
He's not a career 4th liner (he is one now though). To be the devil's advocate, if he had potted his average of 10-12 goals...we would have won 2-4 more games. But, his linemates (and most of this useless team) should take half the blame for his low production. Also, those 2-4 games still wouldn't have been enough to guarantee playoffs.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He's not a career 4th liner (he is one now though). To be the devil's advocate, if he had potted his average of 10-12 goals...we would have won 2-4 more games. But, his linemates (and most of this useless team) should take half the blame for his low production. Also, those 2-4 games still wouldn't have been enough to guarantee playoffs.

Maybe not, too. We are -38. Most wildcard teams have positive goal differentials.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
- Tobi catches fire
- the Oilers make the playoffs
- Tobi continues scoring
- Tobi refuses to re-sign

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Maybe not, too. We are -38. Most wildcard teams have positive goal differentials.
Yup but it's not as simple as adding Reider's 10-12 goals to -36. Goals can sway momentum and squash comebacks from opposing teams. They can also motivate others to go get another goal. Goals create a chain of events that can even carry into the next game.

So maaaybe they could have gotten into the playoffs if he produced more. But we all know this team has so many other problems that playoffs would definitely not be a guarantee.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Throw everyone under the bus and avoid the critical eye.

Reider is bad, who signed reider? Who hired the guy who singed reider?

I've never had a home town organization I was a fan of that I disliked more than the oilers, what a shame.
Why stop there. Who pays the bills of the people who do all that? Us. We are at fault

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
b63.gif

Reactions: TB12 and BlackDogg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yup but it's not as simple as adding Reider's 10-12 goals to -36. Goals can sway momentum and squash comebacks from opposing teams. They can also motivate others to go get another goal. Goals create a chain of events that can even carry into the next game.
Or when a player whiffs their chance off the rush, puck come back, goals against. Score on that rush and it's a 2 goal differential swing

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Or when a player whiffs their chance off the rush, puck come back, goals against. Score on that rush and it's a 2 goal differential swing
Exactly. How many times have we seen that.
Or how many times have we seen the opposing team score a backbreaking last-min-of-the-period goal after we put up some decent pressure(by Oiler standards) in their zone.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Rieder is the best player I've never seen score a goal. That could be hyperbole.

Bob should go for a brain scan. What he said shouldn't come out of an experienced manager of men.

Reactions: Mick David

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Rieder is the best player I've never seen score a goal. That could be hyperbole.

Bob should go for a brain scan. What he said shouldn't come out of an experienced manager of men.
tune in tonight for the first of the game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Adios amigo.

Maybe get at least one goal on your way out before you head back to Europe.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Real good comments by him.

Really makes this place look like a prime destination for free agents. Throw a 12 minute forward under the bus and say he's the reason the team didn't make the playoffs, and make it even worse by saying he only signed here to ink a new deal. I highly doubt that was ever stated to Nicholson, so why the hell is he spouting it.

What a f***ing joke this organization is.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
The oilers must have a 5 star rating on Indeed.com...

Review of company:

“I worked, well still work for the oilers. I basically didn’t do my job at all. They said I should improve or else. Well the “or else” came, I was fired because the public wanted to see someone fired. A few days later I was told that I wasn’t actually fired, but promoted to VP of something to be named later. Great company, you literally can’t **** up!”

Reviewer name: Craig M.

Reactions: Mick David

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This guy should've been at bare minimum a solid 3rd liner, instead he's gotten top 6 ice time and has done **** all with it. I was pleased that we signed him, too bad that he hasn't lived up to his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad