Player Discussion Tobias Rieder

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Imagine if this situation was to happen at your workplace. There are a few high performersand The rest of the workers were underperforming.

A good manager realizes that the all these workers underperforming and there must be a reason for it. A good manager creates an environment for the workers to be successful.

What we got here is the manager walking in and signalling out ONE underperforming member in some attempt to cover up his shortcomings. I wouldn’t expect this behaviour from a manager of a McDonald’s making 45k a year. We are such a tire fire failure of a organization at hockey ops.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
And he deserves to be mocked. Its not a hard word or sound to make for a Canadian. The issue is purely that Nicholson doesn't care or respect the player enough to get it right.

This org's arrogance is just... u.gh.

Can anyone see the oilers signing a Mark Messier, Craig Anderson, or even an Esa Tikkanen even if they came right to us? Or would Lowe and Mact say there is no room for those kind of problem children?

Not the first for Nicholson. Not much of a fact checker. he so respected Ivan Hlinka's widow that he didn't know her name was now Libena Hlinkova. Afairc he called here Mrs Hlinka as if this is unchanging and a widow would never remarry. The amazing thing is he was holding the tournament, arranged with the widows blessing, and he couldn't bother to even know her name.

not even Jari Kurri would work out with this OBC. I can't imagine Tikkanen even getting out of the starting gate now with this org.

Do you mean Glenn Anderson?

heh. the press would be roasting his ass even more than they did back then.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Its worse to have one owns GM, continually mispronounce the name as "Rider". I'm surprised if nobody corrected him. He said Rider several times. Nicholson is being mocked about the pronunciation as well as all the rest, and yet the next time he speaks of him (if ever) I would bet he again says "Rider".

Nicholson can't even pronounce the name of the ****ing team that he runs that makes him millions. "The Orlers".

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Pretty sure they make more
TWWg.gif

(Maybe Rieder can serve the fries?)

Mick David

Feb 10, 2019
It's funny because if Bob didn't say "if he scored more we would have made the playoffs" I would have probably been fine with his comments.

Imagine making $1.5million USD for that 8 month performance.

How much does Nicholson make a year to do FA?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Imagine if this situation was to happen at your workplace. There are a few high performersand The rest of the workers were underperforming.

A good manager realizes that the all these workers underperforming and there must be a reason for it. A good manager creates an environment for the workers to be successful.

What we got here is the manager walking in and signalling out ONE underperforming member in some attempt to cover up his shortcomings. I wouldn’t expect this behaviour from a manager of a McDonald’s making 45k a year. We are such a tire fire failure of a organization at hockey ops.

Actually things like this happen all the time. Only difference is Nicholson made a mockery and blamed Tobias for missing the playoffs.

He has zero goals. There are salesmen with zero sales. What they face is far worse than reider.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln

I'd send Tobi in for a talk with the Bobs. "What would you say you do here Tobi?"

job-interview-office-space.jpeg

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Imagine if this situation was to happen at your workplace. There are a few high performers and The rest of the workers were under performing.

A good manager realizes that the all these workers under performing and there must be a reason for it. A good manager creates an environment for the workers to be successful.

What we got here is the manager walking in and signalling out ONE under performing member in some attempt to cover up his shortcomings. I wouldn’t expect this behaviour from a manager of a McDonald’s making 45k a year. We are such a tire fire failure of a organization at hockey ops.
Zero goals playing on a line with Draisaitl over 30% of the time isn't under performing; its mailing it in and having no pride in his work. I work under contract and could never get away with that for 5 months before being tossed out of my office.
I appreciate someone calling a loser a loser. The hell with your feelings

Reactions: nuck

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Zero goals playing on a line with Draisaitl over 30% of the time isn't under performing; its mailing it in and having no pride in his work. I work under contract and could never get away with that for 5 months before being tossed out of my office.
I appreciate someone calling a loser a loser. The hell with your feelings

I’m not disputing that he is underperforming and the situation needs to be addressed. But how you deal with it is actually the problem.

How would you like if a corporate guy who is supposed to be well a leader calls you out specifically in a public setting? This should be a closed door thing.

Lol at the “to hell with your feelings” comment. You don’t think other players are watching this? Edmonton is a hard enough sell to attract players and now you add some boss who publicly seems to throws his employees under the bus.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I’m not disputing that he is underperforming and the situation needs to be addressed. But how you deal with it is actually the problem.

How would you like if a corporate guy who is supposed to be well a leader calls you out specifically in a public setting? This should be a closed door thing.

Lol at the “to hell with your feelings” comment. You don’t think other players are watching this? Edmonton is a hard enough sell to attract players and now you add some boss who publicly seems to throws his employees under the bus.
You don't think that if a co-worker has done f*** all for 6 months that I'm not wondering why I'm working my ass off while he mails it in? Tired of the vanilla canned answers about shitty players.
In saying that I hope this is what forces Nicholson to step down but I think it goes farther up than that.

I hope players take notice that if they aren't prepared to earn a contract then avoid Edmonton

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005
I'd rather have have toby peterson than toby reider... the guy sucks although it would still be nice to see the guy pot one before the end of the year

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I'd rather have have toby peterson than toby reider... the guy sucks although it would still be nice to see the guy pot one before the end of the year
Im the opposite, He has gone this long might as well finish the year. I cant remember seeing an Oiler go all season without a goal

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I've seen Lucic go almost this many games without a goal and he's supposed to be a producer.

There hasn't been much talk of Khaira's complete disappearing act this season. He's not much better with 3 goals.

Kass had 3 pts in the first 40gp this season.

Theres been a lot of bad looks, it all filters down to Rieder seemingly though because of the zero goals.

But theres been a lot of stink performances on this club.

I still think Rieder was injured but theres been some suggestion an ankle injury has prevented him from having top speed for quite a while. By my eye he was still turning jets on in LA last season and had 4 goals in 20 games there.

Been a strange season. It happens. At least he plays honest hockey and has the lowest GA of any player on the team. Hasn't been a complete disaster.

I do think Khaira not even getting minutes now is a worse sign to the club. This was a player people were highly touting here (I don't know why)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->