TNSE Efforts to Acquire an NHL Team Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
quick question if we end up getting the team will they lift our "blackouts" on flames/canucks/oilers games on NHL Center Ice??? :laugh:

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
Your joking right?:nod:

"deep pocket" that still need government assistance! lol!

i love it...the naysayers have been trumped so this is all they have left...music to my ears.

i am sure every team in the league would love to get gaming revenue for vlt's in their sports bar (if we are to believe brunt's article)....it will bring some level of stability to a team that will be the second smallest market in north american major league sport.

winnipeg will be competing against the revenues of toronto, chicago and new york....these cities are 8, 12 and 25 times larger respectively....it is quite clear that no matter how deep the owner's pockets are they will have to be creative to be competitive when starting at such a disadvantage....there is no shame in it.

if you add the populations of winnipeg and green bay together you still are more than 100 000 people shy of the next smallest city in north american professional sport (salt lake city).....pretty amazing to consider it that way.

anyways...we have won the war....your negativity is meaningless...

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
i love it...the naysayers have been trumped so this is all they have left...music to my ears.

i am sure every team in the league would love to get gaming revenue for vlt's in their sports bar (if we are to believe brunt's article)....it will bring some level of stability to a team that will be the second smallest market in north american major league sport.

winnipeg will be competing against the revenues of toronto, chicago and new york....these cities are 8, 12 and 25 times larger respectively....it is quite clear that no matter how deep the owner's pockets are they will have to be creative to be competitive when starting at such a disadvantage....there is no shame in it.

if you add the populations of winnipeg and green bay together you still are more than 100 000 people shy of the next smallest city in north american professional sport (salt lake city).....pretty amazing to consider it that way.

anyways...bring on the negativity....we have won the war.

Green Bay also has the support of Milwaukee which is not far by so i don't think the WPG/GB comparison is all that relevant

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Green Bay also has the support of Milwaukee which is not far by so i don't think the WPG/GB comparison is all that relevant

I know alot of people from Brandon and eastern Saskatchewan that go to Winnipeg for games. Teams when I was a kid from our area used to go all the time. A lot of little towns but the people that come in add up. You'll have a majority of your people from Winnipeg, but you'll get people from as far as away from Regina coming for games on occasion

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I know alot of people from Brandon and eastern Saskatchewan that go to Winnipeg for games. Teams when I was a kid from our area used to go all the time. A lot of little towns but the people that come in add up. You'll have a majority of your people from Winnipeg, but you'll get people from as far as away from Regina coming for games on occasion

and thats great and i hope we do get a lot of support from eastern saskatchewan/north dakota/n.w ontario but thats still a pretty small fan base even with help from the surrounding areas imo

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010

i agree, the reality is that winnipeg is the smallest market in major league sport, but green bay is 200 kms from milwaukee so you cant discount it as its own city...its not a suburb by any means.

just trying to put some perspective on just how small winnipeg is in comparison to the other markets in the big leagues....winnipeg is 53% smaller than the next smallest markets (salt lake, raleigh and buffalo)

1 150 000 compared with 750 000.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
winnipeg needs to brand its team the same way the Nebraska Cornhuskers do, a small town with big national appeal! if we can do that we will be fine, of course NU also won 5 MNC so that helps too!

Chief Ten Bears*

I'm still pretty much convinced nothing is happening Wednesday. So convinced, I even used bold text!

I honestly expect my team to be moving, but nothing will be announced this month.

Wrong

Right

Wrong.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
i agree, the reality is that winnipeg is the smallest market in major league sport, but green bay is 200 kms from milwaukee so you cant discount it as its own city...its not a suburb by any means.

just trying to put some perspective on just how small winnipeg is in comparison to the other markets in the big leagues....winnipeg is 53% smaller than the next smallest markets (salt lake, raleigh and buffalo)

1 150 000 compared with 750 000.

i can see what you're saying my bad i just misread it

AugustBurnsRed*

I'm still pretty much convinced nothing is happening Wednesday. So convinced, I even used bold text!

I honestly expect my team to be moving, but nothing will be announced this month.

Why?

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

From Twitter

ajcradiotv: Mitch Evans, who had been working Thrashers and Braves post game for 680/The Fan, lost his job today w/ Thrashers likely Winnipeg bound

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It would be even worse if the Winnipeg team wore the Thrasher jerseys and the Calgary team wore the old Atlanta Flames jerseys. haha.
At least we'd get one last game. :cry:
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

From Twitter

ajcradiotv: Mitch Evans, who had been working Thrashers and Braves post game for 680/The Fan, lost his job today w/ Thrashers likely Winnipeg bound
Just saying, that since he works Braves games too, they had no reason to fire him just cause the Thrashers are moving. He must've got fired because his voice is annoying and it takes him forever to get a thought out.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Nothing is probably happening Wednesday because the BoG needs to meet to vote on a potential relocation.

And the next BoG meeting is not until during the Finals, in June.

AugustBurnsRed*

Nothing is probably happening Wednesday because the BoG needs to meet to vote on a potential relocation.

And the next BoG meeting is not until during the Finals, in June.

They do not need to meet to vote. Technology is pretty decent these days. For all we know, they already voted.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Why are people hung up over the BoG vote?
Does anyone really think that it isnt already approved?
Why would TNSE even try to purchase the team if they already werent approved.

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
At least we'd get one last game. :cry:

Just saying, that since he works Braves games too, they had no reason to fire him just cause the Thrashers are moving. He must've got fired because his voice is annoying and it takes him forever to get a thought out.

it says he lost his job w/Thrashers, not Braves.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The rumored press conference would be to announce that ASG have sold the Thrashers to TNSE.

The official relocation wouldn't be approved until the next BoG meeting in June.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Why are people hung up over the BoG vote?
Does anyone really think that it isnt already approved?
Why would TNSE even try to purchase the team if they already werent approved.

Because TSNE, up until this point has played by the NHL's every rule, however impeding it may be towards their end goal?

EDIT: Just explaining the logic behind why some of us think this way.

dobiezeke*

They can easily move up a BoG meeting for emergency reasons.

This has been discussed already by more than one media source. The BoG can vote at any time and do not need to wait until June.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I also seriously doubt they wait until 2 weeks before the draft to approve the sale. Winnipeg has to prepare the marketing staff, jerseys etc.

2 weeks to create a jersey? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad