TNSE Efforts to Acquire an NHL Team Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustBurnsRed*

I also seriously doubt they wait until 2 weeks before the draft to approve the sale. Winnipeg has to prepare the marketing staff, jerseys etc.

2 weeks to create a jersey? Doubt it.

Jersey's are made already.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I also seriously doubt they wait until 2 weeks before the draft to approve the sale. Winnipeg has to prepare the marketing staff, jerseys etc.

2 weeks to create a jersey? Doubt it.

Harry it was all done last year
As TNSE was literally minutes away from owning the Coyotes
Logo name jerseys are all done according to the local media (gary lawless)

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg

The Manitoba Bob Essensa's

year13week11.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

From Twitter

ajcradiotv: Mitch Evans, who had been working Thrashers and Braves post game for 680/The Fan, lost his job today w/ Thrashers likely Winnipeg bound

I hope not. I want Kurt Keilback back. He lives in Winnipeg selling real estate so why not?

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Nothing is probably happening Wednesday because the BoG needs to meet to vote on a potential relocation.

And the next BoG meeting is not until during the Finals, in June.

do you honestly think the BoG all get together in some big room and vote? Most of this stuff is done via teleconference. Mark Chipman isn't going in there with poster boards and spreadsheets and making some kind of presentation.

cup4blues

Sarcasm galore
Aug 15, 2008
ajcradiotv: Mitch Evans, who had been working Thrashers and Braves post game for 680/The Fan, lost his job today w/ Thrashers likely Winnipeg bound

He lost his job covering the Thrashers, Thrashers likely moving to Winnipeg, job continues with Braves.

or

He lost his job with the radio, Thrashers likely moving to Winnipeg, no job means not working with Braves.

or

He lost his job with the radio, Thrashers likely moving to Winnipeg, Evans is also moving to Winnipeg with the team!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
do you honestly think the BoG all get together in some big room and vote? Most of this stuff is done via teleconference. Mark Chipman isn't going in there with poster boards and spreadsheets and making some kind of presentation.

Been there, done that! Chipman made his presentation a few years back to the brass in NYC.

Last edited:

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Nothing is probably happening Wednesday because the BoG needs to meet to vote on a potential relocation.

And the next BoG meeting is not until during the Finals, in June.

No.

This has been addressed multiple times in the Atlanta and Winnipeg threads.

The BoG can deal with this and vote on it via conference call.

A special meeting can be called at any time by the Commissioner, Chairman of the BoG, or by request of any three teams - the only requirement is a 7 day notice and the publishing of the agenda. This meeting may take place as a conference call.

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No.

This has been addressed multiple times in the Atlanta and Winnipeg threads.

The BoG can deal with this and vote on it via conference call.

A special meeting can be called at any time by the Commissioner, Chairman of the BoG, or by request of any three teams - the only requirement is a 7 day notice and the publishing of the agenda. This meeting may take place as a conference call.
So then not Wednesday? Or does the meeting request not have to be public?:help:

dobiezeke*

Here is a billboard as you are leaving the Winnipeg Airport...has been there for several weeks now.

Puckschmuck*

Here is a billboard as you are leaving the Winnipeg Airport...has been there for several weeks now.

Love it!

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the MTSC being renamed Westjet Centre, as has been speculated?

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
Ive heard that as well. We could call it "The Hangar". And we could call Portage
Ave "The Runway".

I personally think this is just great PR bt TNSE. Get everyone talking about it not being Jets, build up hype, spill some leaks, and then announcement day, "JETS"! This will re establish way more old fans and create way more new fans than any new name ever could. I was in Toronto this weekend for a Blue Jays series and we wore our Jets jerseys to the game on friday. We had at least 30 people stop us with concerns of the name not being Jets and that they thought it would be stupid. There were also lots of congratulations, and people saying Winnipeg deserved it. Thanks folks.

Agreed. On slow news days like today and a few other times, people turn to the name debate and they are still in the news.

Then again, I'm a Mets fan, and am used to ownership doing things a$$ backwards from what makes sense.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
The logo at the bottom makes me think the billboard was something clever cooked up by Pattison Advertising Group while waiting for their next client wanting to buy that space. I think it's worked a little too well... everyone loves it so much no one wants to see it go! Well, that, and various businesses are jumping on the "we support the return of the NHL to Winnipeg" bandwagon in one way or another.

dobiezeke*

The logo at the bottom makes me think the billboard was something clever cooked up by Pattison Advertising Group while waiting for their next client wanting to buy that space. I think it's worked a little too well... everyone loves it so much no one wants to see it go! Well, that, and various businesses are jumping on the "we support the return of the NHL to Winnipeg" bandwagon in one way or another.

Yes, that is what is the billboard is. I only posted it tongue in cheek for comedic relief in this long standing debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad