Confirmed with Link: TJ Brennan traded to FLA for 5th round pick

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Not an NHL player. Bad in his own zone, and his shot--his only NHL skill--didn't translate to offense up here. Good riddance.

I cannot fathom why people are actually upset by this.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It's just a kick in th nuts that the 5th round is the pouch tha LA traded to Florida, the 5th they acquired from new jersey for loktionov

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good luck TJ. Probably the best thing in his time here was the whole "Milk Bag" thing with Tropp and Gerbe.

Seems Florida's gotten so desparate with their injuries that they were willing to take a kick at the can with Brennan. At least Dineen has some idea about his strengths and weaknesses -- I suspect he'll get shooter duty beside Campbell on the PP and that alone should net some positives for them. How he's going to hide him in his own zone... not sure.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
I was a Brennan fan seeing him last year in Rochester, its tough to give up on a 23 year old defensemen but this was a move that had to be made. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think he can become a decent NHL player. Not thrilled with a 5th round pick, but that's what I expected he'd return.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I don't understand this move at this point in time....a 5th rounder doesn't really help buffalo right now, and it puts us down to 6 dmen on the roster. Unless another trade is coming soon, this deal seems pointless.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Not an NHL player. Bad in his own zone, and his shot--his only NHL skill--didn't translate to offense up here. Good riddance.

I cannot fathom why people are actually upset by this.

I came to the last page of the thread to say this. Blows my mind that people are a) upset that he's gone and b) aren't ecstatic that we got at least something of value for a guy who's shown nothing to warrant a roster spot and would have been waived eventually anyway.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Per Florida's play-by-play voice Steve Goldstein, assistant GM Mike Santos had "been on the trail, trying to get [Brennan] for about a year now" .. he is playing tonight for Florida and his 1st INT stats = even, 7:22 TOI, 3 SOG, 2 hits, 1 takeaway.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Per Florida's play-by-play voice Steve Goldstein, assistant GM Mike Santos had "been on the trail, trying to get [Brennan] for about a year now" .. he is playing tonight for Florida and his 1st INT stats = even, 7:22 TOI, 3 SOG, 2 hits, 1 takeaway.

23 minute man TJ Brennan :laugh:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Wow, impressive period. Have a feeling this trade might hurt in the future

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Good luck TJ. Probably the best thing in his time here was the whole "Milk Bag" thing with Tropp and Gerbe.

Seems Florida's gotten so desparate with their injuries that they were willing to take a kick at the can with Brennan. At least Dineen has some idea about his strengths and weaknesses -- I suspect he'll get shooter duty beside Campbell on the PP and that alone should net some positives for them. How he's going to hide him in his own zone... not sure.
You were right, as Brennan was set up for two one-timers by Campbell on their first power play.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You were right, as Brennan was set up for two one-timers by Campbell on their first power play.

It makes sense to let the guy have a chance to play to his strengths. Campbell can set the table back there pretty well and handle the rush and entry. It's a great position for Brennan to be in.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

lol...he had a grand total of 3 hits in 10 games with us ! :laugh:

and, he averaged 1.8 shots per game with 18 shots in 10gp.....

So I am assuming that this is his career game in his entire NHL career ? I mean he is way above his normal stats....

ps: he also scored a goal for florida tonight :biglaugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

So I am assuming that this is his career game in his entire NHL career ? I mean he is way above his normal stats....

Hit stats in Florida are notoriously inflated.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

You are going too eat your words as the D is not trained to be agressive in buffalo as they play a passive D style. Maybe he is injoying himself and now he can play without DR eyes burning holes into the back of your head. Good on TJ.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
<<<not to hijack the Brennan thread>>>

but Boyes scored tonight for the Isles...It was his 8th....He now has 8 goals 16 assists for 24 points in 28 gp....:pullhair: :facepalm: :baghead:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
After the "shiny new toy" syndrome wears off, and the adrenaline dies down, Brennan will be #6/7 defenseman. Lets revisit TJ Brennan next March.

Or maybe just end up being the Mark Mancari of the NHL/AHL.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
<<<not to hijack the Brennan thread>>>

but Boyes scored tonight for the Isles...It was his 8th....He now has 8 goals 16 assists for 24 points in 28 gp....:pullhair: :facepalm: :baghead:

Who's on his line again? And then when someone mentions his NEXT goal, who's on his line again? And then when someone .... :deadhorse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad