Confirmed with Link: TJ Brennan traded to FLA for 5th round pick

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
And they sent Grigs back now they have a spot, although he should be in Quebec. Are officially sellers? I hope. Time to retool

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I guess this shows that he would have been claimed if exposed to waivers.

They got something for him. But a lot of development for a 2nd round draft pick that ended up being a 5th round asset.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
Basically, folks, we got a 5th round pick for Marty Biron.

I wonder if its the same pick Florida got for Keaton Ellerby

http://panthers.nhl.com/index.html

General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has acquired defenseman T. J. Brennan from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Florida’s fifth round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The fifth round draft pick was originally acquired by Florida from Los Angeles on Feb. 8.

Last edited:

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
The first of hopefully many acquired draft picks... getting any pick for Brennan is worth it

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Thought this was interesting:
(nothing we didn't know though)

Corey Pronman‏@coreypronman
"Newest Florida Panther T.J. Brennan is a very skilled dman who skates well, with little to no defensive value"

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Ok so I checked and apparently this is the pick which Florida got from the Kings for Ellerby, which in turn the Kings had gotten from the Devils for Loktionov

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Whats the lowdown with this guy, future division mates?

Cannon of a shot (though at this level he seemed to be Mr. High and Wide). Defensively suspect. Supposed to help the PP, but didn't.

At first I thought maybe they were trying to make the Panthers better so the Sabres would finish last and draft first...then I realized they traded Brennan, almost assuring the Panthers will finish lower than the Sabres.

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008

Great shot, nothing else NHL-level, defensive liability so he needs sheltered minutes. My guess is Dineen grew to like him when he was coaching Portland and he wants Brennan to boost the Panthers PP with Garrison gone. Problem is he's not a good passer so it limits what he can do on the PP. To me, he's a AAAA player.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

See my above quote.

Additional thoughts:
NHL level one-timer on the PP is his strength. He will play physical but somewhat fake toughness.
Gets lost in his own zone at times.
Played for Dineen with the Pirates. Hope this works out better than Tim Kennedy.

Good luck TJ! Hope you get your shot on the PP.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Rather than maybe lose him on waivers, the #Sabres traded D-man T.J. Brennan to the Fla. Panthers for a 5th round draft pick in June.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Sabres GM Darcy Regier on trading T.J. Brennan to Fla. Panthers for 5th-round draft pick: "We weren't able to get him in our lineup (more)

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - (cont.) #Sabres Darcy Regier on T.J. Brennan trade:"Obviously if somebody's prepared to pay a draft pick, he wasn't going to clear waivers."

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Cannon of a shot (though at this level he seemed to be Mr. High and Wide). Defensively suspect. Supposed to help the PP, but didn't.

At first I thought maybe they were trying to make the Panthers better so the Sabres would finish last and draft first...then I realized they traded Brennan, almost assuring the Panthers will finish lower than the Sabres.

Came to post that last sentence. Surprised it took 10 posts for someone to recognize. And there are some who question darcys intelligence!! ;)

TJ played for dineen last year, I believe, in portland

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD

I had the privilege of attending the Florida/Tampa game Tuesday. You guys have an awesome arena and everyone there was really nice and humble about Florida's season so far this year (at least you guys can say you are injured and not that you just purely suck the way Buffalo does). It was a great experience and I was cheering for the Cats like crazy.

As for Brennan, as others and the article have mentiioned, he's an offensive defensman who is a decent skater and has a good shot who is most beneficial to the team on the power play. He's still got some potential- he's an 07 pick, like Ellerby was. He is lost defensively, however. He did quite well in the AHL from an offensive standpoint.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
He could put it all together and be MA Bergeron one day but frankly I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad