Confirmed with Link: TJ Brennan traded to FLA for 5th round pick

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Relax. People are going to disagree with you - it's a message board. That's why we have it. Don't take it personally.

As for the quoted post....what??
Obviously I was being facetious regarding Ehrhoff's nationality.

As for message board edicate..

I'm disagreeing with people as well. Hence the bump. No one needs to relax because no one is out of control. Hecht is a worthless NHL player, yet there are people here that even still disagree that sentiment. To continue to argue and pretend, even after the trade deadline, that he's actually worth an NHL roster spot, is frankly mind-boggling. I'm the guy that wanted to see Porter over Hecht from day one. People hated my opinion on that as well. They were down right arrogant about that opinion, just like they've been about this opinion. Yet, when time passes, and those same people see that a player like Porter does actually bring more to the table than Hecht does, they don't own it. This is the same type of situation, and ironically, involving the same player. The fact that he wasn't moved can only mean one thing. No one wanted him. Which was what I've been saying from the beginning. It's time for those that fought tooth and nail against that to simply own it. Instead, they reach, and fabricate reasons for why he didn't move, rather than just admit to being wrong. Comical.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Obviously I was being facetious regarding Ehrhoff's nationality.

As for message board edicate..

I'm disagreeing with people as well. Hence the bump. No one needs to relax because no one is out of control. Hecht is a worthless NHL player, yet there are people here that even still disagree that sentiment. To continue to argue and pretend, even after the trade deadline, that he's actually worth an NHL roster spot, is frankly mind-boggling. I'm the guy that wanted to see Porter over Hecht from day one. People hated my opinion on that as well. They were down right arrogant about that opinion, just like they've been about this opinion. Yet, when time passes, and those same people see that a player like Porter does actually bring more to the table than Hecht does, they don't own it. This is the same type of situation, and ironically, involving the same player. The fact that he wasn't moved can only mean one thing. No one wanted him. Which was what I've been saying from the beginning. It's time for those that fought tooth and nail against that to simply own it. Instead, they reach, and fabricate reasons for why he didn't move, rather than just admit to being wrong. Comical.

GVT to date:

Kevin Porter: -0.2
Jochen Hecht: +2.3

(There I go with those darned advanced stats again.)

As I'm sure you know, 0.0 represents a replacement-level player. Porter is sub-replacement level according to these most recently updated numbers (full-disclosure: It hasn't yet registered his two-goal game, so he's probably closer to the +0.2 range now).

But Porter is precisely what I said he was: a replacement-level player. Are you going to own that?

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
GVT to date:

Kevin Porter: -0.2
Jochen Hecht: +2.3

(There I go with those darned advanced stats again.)

As I'm sure you know, 0.0 represents a replacement-level player. Porter is sub-replacement level according to these most recently updated numbers (full-disclosure: It hasn't yet registered his two-goal game, so he's probably closer to the +0.2 range now).

But Porter is precisely what I said he was: a replacement-level player. Are you going to own that?
I never have disagreed with what Porter actually is.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
I'm sorry but you don't have any valid arguments here, you just don't like Hecht. I don't mind Porter but he has a way worse GVT than Hecht, he has less points per game and certainly isn't a better defensive player either. The only thing he has on Hecht is his age, plain and simple. So if Hecht is useless I don't even know what that does make Porter. The fact is that both are replacable bottom-line forwards who don't hurt their team, but don't have much value either. And if you just go by stats, Hecht is the better player of the two.
By the way he is currently 7th in Forward Scoring for our team, that doesn't make him a great offensive player or anything but even with his Grier-esque stone hands he has at this point of his career, Hecht (sadly) is the most consistent offensive performer in our bottom-six. Did I mention that his +/- is 2nd among Forwards as well?
The only thing calling up Porter just to sit Hecht do is needlessly depleting Rochesters forward-corps even further.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Well kudos to Hecht for last night's performance. He looked like Hecht from 3 years ago. I used to be a fan of his, just didn't like bringing him back one bit. Especially not at the cost of giving a younger, hungrier player a shot. I was glad he was around last night, however, and that Rolston sat Foligno and moved Hecht up. That line was excellent in spite of the way Foligno played. Moving Hecht up essentially won the game for us. It was great to see. I'll get off his back from now on. Everyone has made their point. He didn't move at the deadline (just as I suspected), he's here for 10 more games, it is what it is.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
thread is about the Brennan trade.

can we please stop talking about Hecht?

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Well kudos to Hecht for last night's performance. He looked like Hecht from 3 years ago. I used to be a fan of his, just didn't like bringing him back one bit. Especially not at the cost of giving a younger, hungrier player a shot. I was glad he was around last night, however, and that Rolston sat Foligno and moved Hecht up. That line was excellent in spite of the way Foligno played. Moving Hecht up essentially won the game for us. It was great to see. I'll get off his back from now on. Everyone has made their point. He didn't move at the deadline (just as I suspected), he's here for 10 more games, it is what it is.

Good to hear, let's leave it at that :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->