Confirmed with Link: TJ Brennan traded to FLA for 5th round pick

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
No he didn't, his Dplay is not even AHL worthy. His shot didn't hit the net, he got jumped by a trillion guys on the depth chart. It's not like he is a first year pro, he's a bad version of MA Bergeron. Career Tweener at best. Other guys show something when they get called up, a reason to stick around, TJ didn't. Better get a pick instead of losing him on waivers.

Actually TJ played quite well when called up last year... and this year its not he played any worse than the majority of our D Corp this year..

Being overblown. And since when do you blow off a 23 24 yr old ... You don't think his D can improve? .. C'mon ..

As far as his shot....a shot is a shot.... he obviously hits the net sometimes considering the goals he scores in the AHL ..the fact that he struggled with it at NHL level for the few games he played means nothing.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Actually TJ played quite well when called up last year... and this year its not he played any worse than the majority of our D Corp this year..

Being overblown. And since when do you blow off a 23 24 yr old ... You don't think his D can improve? .. C'mon ..

As far as his shot....a shot is a shot.... he obviously hits the net sometimes considering the goals he scores in the AHL ..the fact that he struggled with it at NHL level for the few games he played means nothing.

I agree with the bold. His shot is NHL caliber. And he had more shots on goal per 60 minutes played than Ehrhoff. (I know, small sample size)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I agree with the bold. His shot is NHL caliber. And he had more shots on goal per 60 minutes played than Ehrhoff. (I know, small sample size)

Is it just me...or has Ehrhoff stopped launching bombs from the blue line like he did last year....? Been noticing that all season.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Is it just me...or has Ehrhoff stopped launching bombs from the blue line like he did last year....? Been noticing that all season.

It seems like less on the PP. Wasn't scoring much on them and the times he missed the puck goes out of the zone and disrupts play.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You're assuming that Brennan wasn't being shopped at the beginning of the season, but even more importantly that other teams were going to simply be judging a 4th year pro on his AHL point totals rather than, you know, having scouts actually watching him play and seeing just how terrible he is in his own zone.

Actually I'm not assuming he wasn't be shopped at the beginning of the year at all. He probably was. My point was that Brennan's value was at an all time low right now. Regier hung on to him too long and killed any real value they could have gotten for him. As far as other teams scouting Brennan in the AHL I'm sure they did and while his defensive game wasn't great most nights his offensive game was superb very frequently. Most of us that know the Sabres well and follow them realize we had a potential logjam coming up on the blueline for a while now. Regier did nothing about it last offseason and was now forced to deal from a position of weakness and deal a guy for a significantly diminshed return, most likely because he kept thinking Brennan would turn his game around and boost his value. Honestly I'm just getting sick of re-hashing my point to people.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Actually I'm not assuming he wasn't be shopped at the beginning of the year at all. He probably was. My point was that Brennan's value was at an all time low right now. Regier hung on to him too long and killed any real value they could have gotten for him. As far as other teams scouting Brennan in the AHL I'm sure they did and while his defensive game wasn't great most nights his offensive game was superb very frequently. Most of us that know the Sabres well and follow them realize we had a potential logjam coming up on the blueline for a while now. Regier did nothing about it last offseason and was now forced to deal from a position of weakness and deal a guy for a significantly diminshed return, most likely because he kept thinking Brennan would turn his game around and boost his value. Honestly I'm just getting sick of re-hashing my point to people.

He held on to Brennan thus diminishing his value?

Did I miss something? When exactly was his value high? I'm reading posters saying Regier held on to him too long thus diminishing his value. So when should he have traded him and what do you expect to get for him?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Powerplay doesn't have enough movement for Ehrhoff to shoot. It's far too static, so every time Ehrhoff gets the puck, someone's in his face.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Did I miss something? When exactly was his value high? I'm reading posters saying Regier held on to him too long thus diminishing his value. So when should he have traded him and what do you expect to get for him?

Well he was valued as high as a 2nd round pick at one point, which is why he was selected where he was. Between then and now his value dropped to a 5th round pick. Could we have gotten say a late 3rd or a 4th for him at last years draft? Maybe. I didn't think we'd get some fantastic return for Brennan by any means. His play certainly didn't warrant it, but players can be traded at any point in their development.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Right after he was drafted for a 2nd. :sarcasm:

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Wow pointless bump. Just because the Sabres didn't trade Hecht doesn't mean someone wouldn't give up something for him.

The Sabres acquired a 1st, three 2nd round picks, a conditional 5th that may become a 4th, and the 5th they received for Brennan.

Quite a haul of picks. Now the bump isn't as pointless as it may have been.

If what you say is true, then why did the Sabres keep Hecht?

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres acquired a 1st, three 2nd round picks, a conditional 5th that may become a 4th, and the 5th they received for Brennan.

Quite a haul of picks. Now the bump isn't as pointless as it may have been.

If what you say is true, then why did the Sabres keep Hecht?

:facepalm:

Just stop posting

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
You were saying?

Does this mean they didn't get offers? Since you initiated the speculation, perhaps they didn't want to further deplete Rochester's forward corps, knowing already they'd have to call up someone for Poms--say nothing for the inevitable injuries that'll take place over the next three weeks.

We will never know.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
No? Don't have an answer?
Just because the Sabres didn't trade Hecht doesn't mean someone wouldn't give up something for him.
It's an interesting take.

Let's discuss the possible reasons for why the Sabres didn't trade him.

1) They didn't want to give the longest tenured Sabre a chance at a Cup run.

2) No one wanted him.

3) They were unwilling to trade him.

4) He didn't want a chance at a Cup run.

Hmmm..tough choices. Which one do you think it is, dma0034? I'm going to go with choice 2.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
No? Don't have an answer?It's an interesting take.

Let's discuss the possible reasons for why the Sabres didn't trade him.

1) They didn't want to give the longest tenured Sabre a chance at a Cup run.

2) No one wanted him.

3) They were unwilling to trade him.

4) He didn't want a chance at a Cup run.

Hmmm..tough choices. Which one do you think it is, dma0034? I'm going to go with choice 2.

Better question: why do you care so much? Did you wait the two weeks from the post before you bumped this to play "see I told ya so!" ? Stuff like this happens all the time to long tenured players: Often times a team would rather show respect to a veteran than move them for a late 6th rounder.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Does this mean they didn't get offers? Since you initiated the speculation, perhaps they didn't want to further deplete Rochester's forward corps, knowing already they'd have to call up someone for Poms--say nothing for the inevitable injuries that'll take place over the next three weeks.

We will never know.
Wow, really?

So the Sabres would turn down the acquisition of an asset, and not give their longest tenured player a chance at a Cup run, just because they're concerned with what potential injuries would do to their AHL affiliate? Again..Wow. Reach much?

By the way, doesn't Larsson already give Rochester another body?

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Better question: why do you care so much? Did you wait the two weeks from the post before you bumped this to play "see I told ya so!" ? Stuff like this happens all the time to long tenured players: Often times a team would rather show respect to a veteran than move them for a late 6th rounder.
Actually, no. I didn't wait for two weeks. I actually thought there was a very, very slim chance Hecht would move for a low pick.

Now that he hasn't moved, it's painstakingly obvious what his value actually is.

Showing respect to a player like Hecht would be getting him a chance to win it all in the last year of his career. Unless, of course, he didn't want to get that chance.

You know what? That may actually be the correct answer. He doesn't play the game like a player that actually wants to win anything, so that may be exactly what happend.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Actually, no. I didn't wait for two weeks. I actually thought there was a very, very slim chance Hecht would move for a low pick.

Now that he hasn't moved, it's painstakingly obvious what his value actually is.

Showing respect to a player like Hecht would be getting him a chance to win it all in the last year of his career. Unless, of course, he didn't want to get that chance.

You know what? That may actually be the correct answer. He doesn't play the game like a player that actually wants to win anything, so that may be exactly what happend.

He has none. Everyone knows this. Nobody cares and he'll be gone in a couple weeks. What are you prattling on for?

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica

Yes, because he doesn't throw back-breaking hits, score break-away goals and isn't North American :facepalm:
Sorry Jochen pissed in your cornflakes. But this is a pretty poor attempt to promote your anti-Hecht agenda.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Yes, because he doesn't throw back-breaking goals, score break-away hits and isn't North American :facepalm:
Sorry Jochen pissed in your cornflakes. But this is a pretty poor attempt to promote your anti-Hecht agenda.
My favorite player is Christian Ehrhoff. A good Canadian boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad