Tribute Timothy Liljegren Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Agreed. I'm not calling you out or anything, but I remember you called him an average prospect, and now you are high on him. Why the change in opinion on him? Again just wondering.

I still don’t think he’s an elite prospect. I don’t think he’ll be an elite player. But he’ll likely be good.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I still don’t think he’s an elite prospect. I don’t think he’ll be an elite player. But he’ll likely be good.
Yeah I'm with you there. I see a top 4 d man who can play both special teams with mid usage. Thats a solid player.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Pretty obvious here. He is being groomed, for our number one guy.

Being paid well.

He and Sundin, are going to be something special.

In the meantime, enjoy what we have, which is, a, lot.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
As usual, we don't know the full story here.

Myself. i feel about this kid, the same way I did about Ryan O'reilly.

I saw O'rielly in the O. I was blown away, told everyone, he was the deserving number one pick, pretty well everyone laughed.

Same for Liljegren. Sure, he may not reach the ceiling, I see for him, his self imaginatiion, may not be as big as mine.

But I see great things for him.

I also see, how smart Dubas was in creating a Swedish, landscape for Toronto. Via, having the Marlies and the Leafs.

Rosen, Nylander, Sandin, can hang out. If you knew how close Swedes are with each other, this would make more cents and sense to you.

Why did Dubas RE ACQUIRE Rosen. Well now you maybe know.

Rosen is a great skater, and has a heckuva shot.

You may yet see him on our blueline...

Its really cool to see all the Liljegren believers here.

Confidence. Coaching, nuturing, is huge, in developing a potential all star.

I watched Petry for Montreal once.

I said that guy is amazing, unbelievable.

I was laughed at so hard, I almost doubted my ability to see greatness.

No longer. Here is what I am saying about Liljegren. Sure fire top four dman.

Luck, coaching, confidence circumstances ..... environment. Shea Weber

Reactions: chamchibap

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Can't wait to see him and Sandin zipping passes right on the stick to our forwards flying thru the neutral zone. That pass Sandin made to Nylander last game in full stride to start a 2-on-1 and an eventual goal? Liljegren has that in his arsenal too.

So many times I see a potential breakout play stymied by a breakout pass ending up in the feet of our forwards. To their credit Matthews, Marner and Willy are all excellent at using their skates to redirect those passes into their sticks to receive the pass, but nothing beats a tape to tape pass in full stride and Liljegren is excellent at these types of plays.

I've resigned myself to the fact he won't get a shot this year due to cap and his contract bonus issues, but after another summer of adding some more strength and speed I fully expect him to be ready to plug into the top 6 role next year and be a difference maker right away

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Anyone have a link (or know the CBA section) for the Performance Bonus/LTIR rules?

Not doubting people, just curious since half the teams are in LTIR (15 of 31) and many of those teams are running ELC players with performance bonuses.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Liljegren in tonight, good move to see where he is at. I will focus on him closely tonight and be very fair with what i see from him. Hopefully its less panic, more simple game, reading the game slower etc.

Reactions: supermann_98

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I back all Leaf prospects. I have not had high or any expectations on Lily ever being a regular.

Others who have actually watched and followed his journey say otherwise.
Tonight will show a lot. Lily has had cups of coffee. Time to put all his lessons to use and bust down the door.
His development to this point has been non-rushed and calculated.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Guy reminds me of stralman so much its silly. Slightly above average skater that will see pk time and put up 15-25 pts from the back end on any given season. Slotted for a solid top 4 option with nothing fancy about his game, just excellent fundamentals. There is nothing wrong with that and im happy the way the leafs have allowed him to develop and round out his gane to be a quiet responsible player. Very solid NHL career ahead of him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Lily looks a lot more refined in his game. A couple of hiccups that he'll need to adjust to but it looks like he simplified his game a bit and settled as the game when on. Great passing and puck skills.

Physically looks a lot stronger and uses his body more than one might expect from him.

Definitely is ready for the NHL, just needs a chance to stay in the line up.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I counted atleast 4 hits today where he absolutely levelled guys and just tossed them off the puck. If he can stay on his feet a little more and learn to keep skating instead of gliding, he's going to be a hell of a defensive player for us.

His biggest hit of the night. ^

Reactions: PromisedLand

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Sandin and now Liljegren have shown they are much tougher and stronger than you’d expect. Liljegren was solid defensively all night and controlled the puck well. That penalty call was BS.

Hope he’s in on Saturday as well and Holl and maybe Brodie are rotated out for Rielly and Muzzin.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I counted atleast 4 hits today where he absolutely levelled guys and just tossed them off the puck. If he can stay on his feet a little more and learn to keep skating instead of gliding, he's going to be a hell of a defensive player for us.

His biggest hit of the night. ^

Kid is an absolute truck.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Lol we should rest Marner and Matthews, but those rascals would probably not rest all that much, if they had the game off.

Loved seeing Lilly, paste out some guys. Satisfying as heck. Night folks.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
Was hoping to see some powerplay time with reilly out of the way, but of course the canucks played an absolutely perfect, mistake free game.

Wtb robo refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad