Tribute Timothy Liljegren Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Anybody remember when some people here were expecting us to not get the Matthews pick and suggesting we trade our 1st that year and tank for Liljegren 1st overall the next year?

Reactions: The Cobra

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Rielly--Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Begosian

Those guys seem to have helped to provide the best Leafs defense since Pat Burns and certainly one of the best since '67. I've been more concerned with the goaltending, left wing in the top 6 and down the middle in the bottom six. A lot of others seem to have felt that way

The jury is out for me on Hutton.

But to add quality dmen like Sandin-Liljegren to at the very least, bolster depth is pretty special.

Reactions: The Cobra

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Lilly

Per the other thread I started, my opinion is Sandin will be considered a better defencemen than Muzzin within the next 12-24 months if not sooner and he's too good to leave on the bottom pairing.

If this comes to pass, this means we will carry a defencemen on the bottom pairing with a 5.65 M cap hit and a no trade clause.

Ouch.

Expose Muzzin to the Kraken before Sandin makes us regret not doing it.

Or let Rielly walk. Double ouch.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Per the other thread I started, my opinion is Sandin will be considered a better defencemen than Muzzin within the next 12-24 months if not sooner and he's too good to leave on the bottom pairing.

If this comes to pass, this means we will carry a defencemen on the bottom pairing with a 5.65 M cap hit and a no trade clause.

Ouch.

Or just keep them all and run with 6 top-4 defensemen. A $5.6m defensemen on your bottom pairing is only a problem if they aren't a top-4 quality defenseman, and Muzz is. Otherwise you sound like Burke bumbling about Nylander's contract claiming you can't pay your 4th best forward $7m.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Ouch.

well, Muzzin is a very good #2D caliber player, so if Sandin is better than him we're laughing.

don't know why you feel the urge to ditch very good players though. I like having very good players.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Ouch.

Oh no! Our defence corps might be so good that a top pairing level defenseman might have to play on the bottom pair. How will we deal with having too many good defensemen?

Also why are we discussing Sandin in the Liljegren thread?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
wasnt Lili a 1st round draft pick? Why so many doubters
What do you consider a doubter? There's a wide range of opinions on Lily. His biggest fans say "Lily is currently better than Sandin, and is a future #1D", and compared to that opinion, yeah, there are a lot of doubters.

However, I see a lot of people, myself included, saying "Sandin is currently better, but Lily is a good prospect, likely to be an NHLer, and has top-4 upside" - would you consider that a doubter? IMO a doubter is more like "Lily is a bust who will never be a fulltime NHLer", and I don't see many people with that opinion.

Last edited:

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We'll possibly see if all you guys feel this way about the luxury of having 5.6M cap hit on the bottom pair when we don't have the cap space to extend Rielly and Muzzin is heading into his golden years.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Needs to be stronger on the puck. Few times today on the PK he had a chance to clear but flubbed the attempts or softly tossed it out to the point for a turnover.

Reactions: Gallagbi

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Needs to be stronger on the puck. Few times today on the PK he had a chance to clear but flubbed the attempts or softly tossed it out to the point for a turnover.

I've liked his decision making, I'd question his execution. Stronger on the puck might be the right way to express it.

Reactions: stickty111

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
He had a tough night. Was a big chance for him, playing with Muzzin. I think, barring multiple injuries, Hutton gets the next look this season/playoffs. Back to the oven he goes.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
He didn't do himself or the team any favours tonight with his turnovers. Gotta cut that out of you game, Lilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad