Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread part II

Sep 19, 2008
But it's better when people like Ben Hogan and Nicklaus and Tiger and Phil aren't playing...because "someone new" can win a major :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Poor Tiger. He will bounce back. Gotta believe it. Going to his favorite course next week.

Guy on ESPN said his chipping was going to be rough this week, probably wasnt expecting it to be this poor however

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I dunno........I'm going to root for Tiger anytime he is on the course, but this has such a David Duval feel to it. I really am beginning to think he is done. I pray I am wrong, but either way, I appreciate all the great moments he gave us over his illustrious career.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Surprised he's playing this bad. He made adjustments this offseason but he's made adjustments before

Firing swing coaches left and right

Still playing like ****

It makes me sad because with him in the end of his career no one will be able to step up and be "The NExt Tiger". And that's what golf desperately needs. Golf is a sport dependent on dynasties and legends. Without them, the game collapses.

He's been seriously fiddling with his swing for what, 6 or 7 years now?
Let's just admit what I said 4 years ago, he's DONE. He was great, perhaps the best ever for a span of time, but he's now just a tragic figure. The really sad fact of it all is that his on course activities make him look more pitiful than any of his off the course escapades ever did.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
For every David Duval there is...

Well, I can't name anybody off hand, but there have been many golfers who have suffered a severe dip in form and a more severe drop in the world rankings etc and have came back to be successful.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Regardless of his physical shape, I think he was done mentally after 2009. Obviously he is, or was, maybe the most talented golfer ever but he was never grounded enough to see it through to beating Jack's record.

He's been humbled by life but it may too late to see that translate into more wins.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
For every David Duval there is...

Well, I can't name anybody off hand, but there have been many golfers who have suffered a severe dip in form and a more severe drop in the world rankings etc and have came back to be successful.

I heard, with Duval, he broke up with his girl friend, and was never the same.
Not sure if true.

The Joker*

Duval has/had vertigo. Threw his balance completely out of whack. That's why he fell apart.

Sep 19, 2008
RT @bradjohansen That might be awhile MT @GolfCentral: Breaking News: Tiger Woods taking leave of absence, will return 'when ready'

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
RT @bradjohansen That might be awhile MT @GolfCentral: Breaking News: Tiger Woods taking leave of absence, will return 'when ready'
Oh jeeze.....this is sounding like a broken record now.

Here's to a great career Tiger.......you got me back into golf & your mark on the game will live forever. There may never be another one like you. Sadly, its done. :cry:

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
He should try to win amateur tournaments with -36 scores just to boost his confidence
He should try to play on the Junior teeing area just to boost his confidence
He should try to start cheating his wife again just to boost his confidence
He should try to just to boost his confidence

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's a good thing that Tiger Woods plays Golf, one of the only sport where you can still excel in your 40s.

It's really a shame that a woman destroyed a good chunk of his career as he was chasing the records.What an idiotic woman, marrying Tiger Wood and thinking he won't sleep around in his youth :laugh:

But regardless, eventually Tiger Woods will kind of get passed that, and will find golf enjoyable once again.I think he's going to have a 3 years second-prime where he will win around 3-4 majors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad