Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread part II

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Dakota Sioux said:
You could be right but I will enjoy getting to know a few more golfers that I probably wouldn't had he been playing. Yes it's not good that he isn't playing any dummy can figure that out as ratings will more than likely be down unless it is a crazy finish with multiple players in the running come sunday. Going with Rory.

I won't argue with that. Leaning towards Rory as well but I hope to see Spieth and Day in the mix as well. And I don't know what it is but every year, for at least the Masters, I always seem to become a Angel Cabrera fan.

BMC said:
Even if the surgery was 100% successful it doesn't mean his game will return- from what I understand he'd gotten into some bad swing habits because of the pain & limited range of motion his back imposed on him. He'll have to work really hard to overcome that as well as the injury.

Honestly I don't think he's been the same player since 2009, at least not mentally. Now he's got physical problems too. I don't think he'll ever dominate the game the way he used to again.

For what it's worth, Graeme DeLaet had the exact same surgery and says he feels better now than he ever did before the surgery. Obviously, everyone is different and results will vary accordingly; what Tiger will obviously have to do is make sure that he adjusts his workout regimen and understands what preventative methods are necessary to make sure he isn't back here again one, three, five, seven years down the line.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
If Tiger don't win it Bubba better win it.

My guys

Tiger
Bubba
DUFNER

Think that's it :laugh:

DUFF DADDY

Jan 3, 2012
Miguel-Angel-Jimenez-with-beer-and-cigar-in-hand.jpg

Cigars light themselves to be smoked by him.

His legend proceeds him, the way lighting proceeds thunder.

They call him ‘The Mechanic’ because of his preference for repairing high performance vehicles rather than driving them.

He is the most interesting golfer in the world.

In the era of flashy pants and flat bellies, Miguel Jimenez‘s GAME stands out on it’s own. I personally envy the fact that he doesn’t really care what people think of him. I mean, watch the way he warms up before a golf tournament. There is no man more comfortable in his own skin than this guy.

Truthfully, what I respect about the 48-year-old golfer with the pony tail is not only his carefree lifestyle, but his fire that burns for golf –like no other–and the fire that burns to live life to the fullest. Like his cigar, he inhales both GAMES (golf and life), and exudes it…making it a better place, a better GAME for everybody.

But between the puffs, he has respectfully won 18-times on the European golf circuit and is loved by golfers all around the world.

“I don’t always play my best game, but when I do, I prefer it with a cigar.” No he did not actually say that, but wouldn’t it be cool if he did? :)

Miguel Angel Jimenez IS the most interesting golfer on this planet. Hands down.

With that said, I will see you on the first tee.

Sep 19, 2008
Article on yahoo about big golf youth movement. That's good. It shouldn't be all about tiger. The problem is no one is the next tiger. Tiger will always be a legend but he getting old. We need a new face that is consistent. Not like immelman or ye yang. Someone good raw and YOUNG

Sep 19, 2008
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/espn-masters-ratings-tiger-woods/

There was a feeling around the Masters that the absence of Tiger Woods might not hurt as much as expected. With Tiger having ceded some of the spotlight to younger golfers in recent years, the sport was healthy enough to survive without him in Augusta.

Television viewers apparently had a different opinion.

ESPN’s first-round telecast was down 800,000 viewers from last year to a record low of 2 million. That’s the lowest Thursday viewership in the seven years the network has been broadcasting the Masters.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Anyway, some good names up there on the leaderboard; Bubba, Freddie, Spieth, Sneds, Stricker. Rors had the worst luck imaginable on the back nine today starting with a ridiculous bounce of the sprinkler on 13... he made the cut on the number and is 11 back but hopefully with a ridiculous round tomorrow he can make up a little bit of ground so Sunday isn't pointless for him.

flyersguy33*

Sucks Spieth didnt win. He will win a few.

Masters wasnt the same without my boy Tiger. He was missed

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Tiger is the man

also

n fact, Vonn and Woods reportedly have gone on double-dates with Nordegren and her current beau, coal industry billionaire Chris Cline, according to the magazine.

Moved on quick didn't she?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad