Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread part II

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Because 1) it's his personal life and he can do what he wants and 2) he's not supposed to be a role model for youth such as yourself. Your whole reason for disliking him is because of an incident that happened last decade.

Hating him is okay, but hate him because he's getting old and irrelevant and his body is beat up and his other peers his age like Mickelson are still playing well. Hating Tiger because "he's not ethical" is just soapbox pontificating at this point and it's cliche.

I don't want to like him! Seriously.

Sep 19, 2008
read waht fs said

the affair was so 2008

At least Dakota Sioux admits he didn't like him before the affair :laugh:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It's true. Check the ratings for all the majors he hasn't contended or played in.

You fans will all say it's "meaningless" because "you enjoy watching the game" and you don't "care about ratings" but as we see in NHL ratings are important to get advertisers and help network leverage. Don't think that just because your'e a "diehard" golf fan that you can just dismiss the importance of ratings.

What's your point, golf won't be shown on TV without Tiger contending?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Because 1) it's his personal life and he can do what he wants and 2) he's not supposed to be a role model for youth such as yourself. Your whole reason for disliking him is because of an incident that happened last decade.

Hating him is okay, but hate him because he's getting old and irrelevant and his body is beat up and his other peers his age like Mickelson are still playing well. Hating Tiger because "he's not ethical" is just soapbox pontificating at this point and it's cliche.

Sure but he did make a ton of ad cash by branding himself and putting himself in the public eye thus deserved judgement when his the image he portrayed was false.

He doesn't have to give a crap about being a role model but I certainly have a lot more respect for athletes who appreciate their good fortune in life and recognize that they can have a big influence on young people.

Sep 19, 2008
Sure but he did make a ton of ad cash by branding himself and putting himself in the public eye thus deserved judgement when his the image he portrayed was false.

He doesn't have to give a crap about being a role model but I certainly have a lot more respect for athletes who appreciate their good fortune in life and recognize that they can have a big influence on young people.

Very well then.

Sep 19, 2008
The thing is that tiger is relevant. Who else other than McElroy a relevant? Adam Scott? Dufner? That's it

The lack of Tiger is akin to having no Red Wings in thevokayiffs. You have other different teams, some people like that and some don't

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Anyway the big golf fan will watch all the time but Tiger is without a doubt needed for the average fan such as Ix.

I mean, it isn't rocket science. To deny that Tiger Woods brings money, ratings and interest is just silly.

Although he doesn't look like even a top 50 player at this point. Just have to hope it changes. I embrace being part of Tiger's generation. He is our Palmer or Nicklaus, and I don't think people appreciate that enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad