Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread part II

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
There's about 50 people in contention after the first Round. Not exactly that much of a feat.
Considering how awful he looked at Congressional a few weeks ago & how he started out today, I am quite impressed. I was honestly expecting him to be above par at the end of his round today, so I am now hopeful this will be a springboard to a possible 15th major title come Sunday afternoon.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Not gonna lie. Id like to see Tiger beat Jacks records when all is said and done.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Not a good start by Tiger.

Went into the rough on the left on the 1st. Then into the rough on the far right near the green. Promptly chipped it out, rolled it out off the green and into the rough on the left of the green. Then chipped it onto the green and it just stayed on. Another inch and it would have rolled off.

Double bogey on the 1st

Sep 19, 2008
Golf is unwatchable without Tiger in contention

Do not plan to watch any golf this weekend

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Its getting to the point where I'm having doubts as to whether Tiger will ever come close to being the golf icon he was in his prime. What the game needs now is a charismatic superstar of some sort. Rory could fit that bill. But as long as Tiger is still playing the game of golf, I will be rooting for him & hoping he can re-gain some of the magic that made him a must-see attraction.

Sep 19, 2008
It's true. Check the ratings for all the majors he hasn't contended or played in.

You fans will all say it's "meaningless" because "you enjoy watching the game" and you don't "care about ratings" but as we see in NHL ratings are important to get advertisers and help network leverage. Don't think that just because your'e a "diehard" golf fan that you can just dismiss the importance of ratings.

Sep 19, 2008
Athletes aren't supposed to be role models :laugh:

Kane is a great role model for beating up taxi drivers and Brodeur is a great role model too :rolleyes: as was Sean Avery and Luis Suarez

Athletes are people too

AThletes make mistakes

Athletes are not exactly the people the lads should use as a role model. Role models are teachers, professionals, and parental figures. Not some athlete.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Athletes aren't supposed to be role models :laugh:

Kane is a great role model for beating up taxi drivers and Brodeur is a great role model too :rolleyes: as was Sean Avery and Luis Suarez

Athletes are people too

AThletes make mistakes

Athletes are not exactly the people the lads should use as a role model. Role models are teachers, professionals, and parental figures. Not some athlete.

Why should I like Tiger though for what he did? I don't and I won't be forced to.

Sep 19, 2008
Because 1) it's his personal life and he can do what he wants and 2) he's not supposed to be a role model for youth such as yourself. Your whole reason for disliking him is because of an incident that happened last decade.

Hating him is okay, but hate him because he's getting old and irrelevant and his body is beat up and his other peers his age like Mickelson are still playing well. Hating Tiger because "he's not ethical" is just soapbox pontificating at this point and it's cliche.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad