Post-Game Talk: Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils 3 at Flyers 0

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
How is Giroux "untouchable"?? This isnt a slump for a few games, he generally sucked last season and this season he looks lost. Im not saying look to deal him because his value is at its lowest pt right now... But if someone blew your doors off with a Godfather offer i would have no problem trading him.

Everyone should be tradeable on the USS Clusterphuck.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
How is Giroux "untouchable"?? This isnt a slump for a few games, he generally sucked last season and this season he looks lost. Im not saying look to deal him because his value is at its lowest pt right now... But if someone blew your doors off with a Godfather offer i would have no problem trading him.

Everyone should be tradeable on the USS Clusterphuck.

He was a PPG last year. How did he suck? You make it sound like he did as bad last year as he is now.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Rough patch?

25 year old forwards that are paid among the very top in the league don't record 7 assists in 15 games. Please name me even one comparable player that has had a comparable stretch of games. Giroux's horrid starts have taken this team out of playoff contention two years in a row; that's not a small sample size.

It's completely possible that he turns it around, but this team shouldn't take that risk.

Crosby had 2 points in 7 games in November 2009.
Ovechkin had 7 in 15 in November and Decemeber 2011.
Henrik Sedin had 4 in 11 in Feb and March 2012.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Rough patch?

25 year old forwards that are paid among the very top in the league don't record 7 assists in 15 games. Please name me even one comparable player that has had a comparable stretch of games. Giroux's horrid starts have taken this team out of playoff contention two years in a row; that's not a small sample size.

It's completely possible that he turns it around, but this team shouldn't take that risk.

Yeah its obviously the guy who finished first in team points 3 yrs in a row and is tied for first in team points in this very young season. Obviously its his fault.

Great argument bud.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Trading G when value at all time low is insane. He will work this out

No there is something fundamentally wrong with this crew. Giroux pretty well has zero supporting cast; whether it's a short term anomaly or guys like Simmonds and Schenn have had their career years, he cannot excel on just his own talents. Right now I'd be pretty happy if he breaks 65 points but......

SgtJoseph*

Work out a deal with Calgary for the rights to Johnny Hockey..........Local lad from South Jersey that can FINISH ! And has JUMP ! Nice piece for the future in my view. No risk, no reward .

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
22 goals in 15 games. 22 goals in 902 minutes 40 seconds. That's 1 goal every 41 minutes. 1.47 goals/game. Projected 120 goals over a season.

To look at it another way, to date $60,967,073 (salary - goalies) has bought 22 goals, so each goal cost $2,771,230.60.

Pathetic is just too easy a word.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Crosby had 2 points in 7 games in November 2009.
Ovechkin had 7 in 15 in November and Decemeber 2011.
Henrik Sedin had 4 in 11 in Feb and March 2012.
Ok, I guess those compare, but all three of those players were 1000x more proven than Giroux at this point. When Ovechkin had that slump, he already had 4 100+ point seasons on the books.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Yeah its the obviously the guy who finished first in team points 3 yrs in a row and is tied for first in team points in this very young season. Obviously its his fault.

Great argument bud.
Great argument there, yourself, not addressing one point I made and responding with that irrelevant crap. Yeah, Giroux is leading the team with 7 points in 15 games, must not be his fault.

Wizeman*

Canuck fan and also Flyers fan here.

I think its time we said goodbye to Mr Holmgrem . Then the new GM can look at the team from a point of status. Keep who he can, trade who he can and get back to Flyers hockey.

This team has too much talent to be performing like this.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Great argument there, yourself, not addressing one point I made and responding with that irrelevant crap. Yeah, Giroux is leading the team with 7 points in 15 games, must not be his fault.

How the **** is it the statistical team leader's fault?

Does he look bad?

Absolutely.

Does the entire ****ing team look bad?

Absolutely.

Yet you have a problem with the teams overall best player for the past 3 years for a poor 15 game stretch .

[mod]

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad