Post-Game Talk: Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils 3 at Flyers 0

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Look, I don't hate Giroux and I'm not trying to get him run out of town, but I'm just not going to put one player on a pedestal at the cost of the entire organization.

If Giroux is not a point per game player for the majority of his upcoming contract, it will be absolutely crippling to this franchise. I haven't seen the explosiveness from Giroux that made him that dangerous player that he was in a long time. This is not some minor slump that will go away tomorrow, the guy hasn't been the same player since the series with the Penguins.

I sincerely hope he turns it around and becomes that player again and chances are that he might. I just wouldn't bet ~12% of my team's cap space on it for the next 8 years, if I were GM.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How is Giroux "untouchable"?? This isnt a slump for a few games, he generally sucked last season and this season he looks lost. Im not saying look to deal him because his value is at its lowest pt right now... But if someone blew your doors off with a Godfather offer i would have no problem trading him.

Everyone should be tradeable on the USS Clusterphuck.

Last season he started off slow and then had over a ppg pace for the last 30 or so games...

Good try there.

Cuiff

Jul 11, 2002
Horsham (Philly)
Look, I don't hate Giroux and I'm not trying to get him run out of town, but I'm just not going to put one player on a pedestal at the cost of the entire organization.

If Giroux is not a point per game player for the majority of his upcoming contract, it will be absolutely crippling to this franchise. I haven't seen the explosiveness from Giroux that made him that dangerous player that he was in a long time. This is not some minor slump that will go away tomorrow, the guy hasn't been the same player since the series with the Penguins.

I sincerely hope he turns it around and becomes that player again and chances are that he might. I just wouldn't bet ~12% of my team's cap space on it for the next 8 years, if I were GM.
Damn...I wish I could have said this that well...preach on!!!

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Lol at the trade Giroux cries. how exactly does trading the most talented player make the team better? Players have down games/seasons.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'll stand by what I've said for years now, this team will never win with this fan base. One bad 10-15 game stretch means Giroux sucks now. This is Richards/Carter 2.0. You think people would have learned by now.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Crosby had 2 points in 7 games in November 2009.
Ovechkin had 7 in 15 in November and Decemeber 2011.
Henrik Sedin had 4 in 11 in Feb and March 2012.

Evgeni Malkin hasn't scored a goal in his last 9 games and has 6 assists in that same time frame.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
I'll stand by what I've said for years now, this team will never win with this fan base. One bad 10-15 game stretch means Giroux sucks now. This is Richards/Carter 2.0. You think people would have learned by now.

Huh? The fans have zero influence on what the FO does.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How the **** is it the statistical team leader's fault?

Does he look bad?

Absolutely.

Does the entire ****ing team look bad?

Absolutely.

Yet you have a problem with the teams overall best player for the past 3 years for a poor 15 game stretch .

[mod]

Don't even bother arguing with the "Trade Giroux" [people]. They're not capable or thinking logically because they let losing get to them too much.

People constantly complain and cry about trading JVR too early but now you want to trade Giroux after 15 bad games when nobody on the entire team can hit the net? That makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey

Yeah but, Giroux sucks. Trade him for Kadri, Gardiner, and some bad/decent prospects.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Points tell the whole story. He was awesome, he is awesome, hes a tremendous leader, trailblazing his way to victory after victory with heart and emotion.

One god damned player. I can't think of a single player who ever single handedly won a Stanley cup. Just stop with this nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad