Post-Game Talk: Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils 3 at Flyers 0

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Who in Adirondack possess a two way deal that we could rotate up for a game or two?'

At this point really wouldn't mind sitting Harts, and Simmer for a game.

Bring up Cousins and Akeson?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The team sucks. Their best player is playing horribly. Thats it. If you want to argue with that theres no hope for you.

You have no patience. That's your problem. Luckily, most teams don't operate on 15 game sample sizes.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we accept the fact that we are no good, then why the hell would we look to trade Couts and BSchenn? I would rather them stay at the level they are at that make a trade that turns out like the JVR one.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Timmy P. is crying about Giroux not wanting to talk to him. He's lucky he answers his stupid questions when the team's playing well. I hate our media. Bunch of clowns.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah, just 15 games. Were you in a coma last season?

36 years w/o a cup.. Yeah, i have no patience.

I'm also not completely opposed to certain moves. But, Giroux, Voracek, B. Schenn, Couturier, Read, Simmonds, Mason, Lecavalier, Grossmann, L. Schenn, and Gus should all be off the table.

Ironically enough, a big part of the reason they haven't won a cup in 36 years is because they've failed many times to show even an ounce of patience.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I wouldn't say that neither, Snider is just an old fool who needs to have things shaken up constantly. It just so happens some people like that approach.

So if nobody gave a crap, the FO would spend to the cap every year? Snider and Holmgren are going to do what they want, yes, but that's because they know the fans want a winning product on the ice. It's unfortunate they made a lot of bad moves.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The hack writers don't know how to actually analyze or break down a game properly without dedicating half an article to quotes, and twisting them. He's just annoyed that he may have to do some work.

These entitled jackasses need to realize they don't NEED to talk to players to do their job.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So if nobody gave a crap, the FO would spend to the cap every year? Snider and Holmgren are going to do what they want, yes, but that's because they know the fans want a winning product on the ice. It's unfortunate they made a lot of bad moves.

At this point Snider would do it regardless, he's that hell bent on trying to get that last cup but there's other places that have passionate fan bases who show up constantly & their Owners/GM's remain patient (example Toronto).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The hack writers don't know how to actually analyze or break down a game properly without dedicating half an article to quotes, and twisting them. He's just annoyed that he may have to do some work.

These entitled jackasses need to realize they don't NEED to talk to players to do their job.

No kidding. Get in there and write a story breaking down the game from start to finish. You don't need the quotes, unless of course Timmy wants to add his TMZ spin. **** that bridge troll.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I would rather drag my junk through broken glass dipped in my last bits of Sriracha than watch this team anymore and deal with this never ending drama...:help:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I'll stand by what I've said for years now, this team will never win with this fan base. One bad 10-15 game stretch means Giroux sucks now. This is Richards/Carter 2.0. You think people would have learned by now.
That's revisionist history right there. I can't remember any sizeable contingent of fans that wanted Richards traded. Everyone was in utter shock when he was moved. Some people were bitter about Carter's underwhelming playoffs and his shot that was saved in Game 6, but it was hardly a huge amount that wanted him traded. Carter's value was discussed on here, as it made sense as a hockey trade to move him for a defenseman or a winger, but he was hardly run out of town by fans.

The media were the only ones who helped them get traded.

Furthermore, that was after losing in the second round the year after going to the finals. Giroux has been captain for two seasons and the team has all but been eliminated within the first month both years.

He's not completely to blame, but he deserves a large share of it. Holmgren and Snider also deserve a heaping pile of blame for giving him that contract after a mediocre year. That contract could be an anchor around this team's neck for eight years if something doesn't change quick.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I know this is probably not the best time to be posting here, but I'm not being disrespectful, so it's allowed.

To me, this is the time when Claude needs to step up and talk to media. When your team is in disarray like this, you can't be walking out. However, this is something that everyone has a point of view on.

Anyone have anything on what Giroux said to Snyder as he was leaving?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know this is probably not the best time to be posting here, but I'm not being disrespectful, so it's allowed.

To me, this is the time when Claude needs to step up and talk to media. When your team is in disarray like this, you can't be walking out. However, this is something that everyone has a point of view on.

Talking did nothing before, why would it still work. Remember, our media is complete dog ****, save 1 or 2 people.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
At least Raffl was beastly on the PK.

Call McGinn back up, and never play Mez again.

McGinn-G-LeCavalier
Read-Schenn-Voracek
Hartnell-Couturier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Hall-Raffl

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Grossman
Gill-Gustufsson

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's revisionist history right there. I can't remember any sizeable contingent of fans that wanted Richards traded. Everyone was in utter shock when he was moved. Some people were bitter about Carter's underwhelming playoffs and his shot that was saved in Game 6, but it was hardly a huge amount that wanted him traded. Carter's value was discussed on here, as it made sense as a hockey trade to move him for a defenseman or a winger, but he was hardly run out of town by fans.

The discussion around here was pretty balanced. On FB and in other areas where the rest of the herd voices their opinions it was a different story. There were e-lynch mobs.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

The media in Philly is a bunch of clowns. I wouldn't talk to them if things were going well, let alone when things are going poorly and any quote will be spun to be used against me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad