Thoughts on the rebuild? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Not sure about that. If that did happen then it would be the end of the rebuild though not beginning.
We can only cross our fingers. I’m not a fan of not trying your best every year to win as many games as possible and letting the cards fall.

It would neither be the end or the beginning of the rebuild, if they end up with either of those guys it would be a big step forward in the rebuild but there would still be major pieces missing.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
When you look at the records of NHL and AHL team the only conclusion can be we are looking for consistency...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When you look at the records of NHL and AHL team the only conclusion can be we are looking for consistency...
How about icetime?

They should be trying to get another good D for a forward. They just sent Sturtz to the ECHL.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
How about icetime?

They should be trying to get another good D for a forward. They just sent Sturtz to the ECHL.

It was ironic, when I posted this we consistently lost every game...

I have no idea what the plan is, but this is for sure not balanced...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am sure Norris is getting big minutes as the 3rd centre on Belleville. Why not just send him down to the ECHL to play on the first line.
I am never sure what the plan is with Dorion at the helm here... They signed Szwarz to a pretty big money(AHL wise) 2 way to come in as a quality vet presence , which I am sure he is but I would be looking at moving him for an equal quality D man to make room up front for another player and to move Norris up the lineup. Balcers will be coming back soon, and they will likely need another spot for either him or Abramov.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am never sure what the plan is with Dorion at the helm here... They signed Szwarz to a pretty big money(AHL wise) 2 way to come in as a quality vet presence , which I am sure he is but I would be looking at moving him for an equal quality D man to make room up front for another player and to move Norris up the lineup. Balcers will be coming back soon, and they will likely need another spot for either him or Abramov.

I think D is trying to make Belleville a playoff team by signing vets in order to attract more fans and reduce M's losses. Follow the money. :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

That's actually infuriating. :madfire:

If I'm Davidsson, I'm already plotting my return back to Sweden, or demanding a trade out of Ottawa.

Dude is SO much better than the way he's being treated. I mean, maybe he never gets a regular gig in the NHL, fine, but healthy scratching this guy in the AHL? That is bush-league bullsh**.

Reactions: Deku

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If I'm Davidsson, I'm already plotting my return back to Sweden, or demanding a trade out of Ottawa.

And now Abramov has been sent down.. they likey call someone else up... must be exciting to get a chance at 3-5 minutes in a game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
And now Abramov has been sent down.. they likey call someone else up... must be exciting to get a chance at 3-5 minutes in a game.

... Jaysus...

If ever there was evidence that this organization has no clue whatsoever on how to rebuild...

How am I supposed to have any confidence whatsoever in this process?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Meh

He was solid against the Blues but the team played great against Tampa despite him only getting 3 minutes and Anisimov leaving the game. We don't need him in the NHL right now.

Let's see how he responds to being sent back down. I agree that the treatment of our prospects strikes as a bit bizarre, but I want to see how it all shakes out before claiming this is a mistake.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Dude is SO much better than the way he's being treated. I mean, maybe he never gets a regular gig in the NHL, fine, but healthy scratching this guy in the AHL? That is bush-league bullsh**.

Clearly there is something going on with this guy that he can't even crack the AHL lineup given who is on that 4th line. Most on here were glad to see Mann get hired & now we see him do very similar things to what the NHL coaches do with some of these young guys. Are all coaches nuts & don't know what they are doing? Or do some of these young guys need more veteran players to keep them in line? If they can't trade Boedker for example I doubt he plays another game after the trade deadline.

While I agree with you on Szwartz, I also think he was not needed & neither was Carcone. But you need players who can produce consistently at the AHL level too & I'm not sure Davidsson has adapted yet to the NHL game, the physicality & smaller ice. I would rather see the young guys play too but maybe there is a greater need of these vets on this team than we realize & they need these vets to help them develop properly. This is not to say that I think PD knows what he is doing, sadly we might still need to wait a while before EM figures it out or has the financial wherewithal to pay for a better GM.

... Jaysus...

If ever there was evidence that this organization has no clue whatsoever on how to rebuild...

How am I supposed to have any confidence whatsoever in this process?

Well we have seen in the NHL in the past that the way to rebuild a team is to start by winning the lottery & drafting the first overall pick hoping that pick is an elite player. And you do that by having crappy players play on your NHL team while at the same time having your good prospects develop & hopefully go on a playoff run in the AHL. This is going to be a very long season for a number of us but at the least we need to keep our eye on the prize. I assume a number of these players are going to get traded sooner or later or simply allowed to walk at the end of the season. A guy like Boedker for example, if they can't trade him I doubt he plays another game after the trade deadline & he walks at the end of the season for nothing.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The Kids Are Getting ****ed Around

Yes clearly every one of them should be on the first line in the NHL all the sens prospects are first line players and NHL stars. Only the sens have players on the third and fourth line in the AHL

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yes clearly every one of them should be on the first line in the NHL all the sens prospects are first line players and NHL stars. Only the sens have players on the third and fourth line in the AHL
Holy strawman, nobody said anything about getting first line minutes.

Chlapik played 5 minutes against TOR, set up a goal, then was scratched the next game and then sent down. Abramov scores a goal against STL, then sees 3 mins of icetime against Tampa, then gets sent down. Explain to me what callups have to do to stick on this club in your mind then.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Holy strawman, nobody said anything about getting first line minutes.

Chlapik played 5 minutes against TOR, set up a goal, then was scratched the next game and then sent down. Abramov scores a goal against STL, then sees 3 mins of icetime against Tampa, then gets sent down. Explain to me what callups have to do to stick on this club in your mind then.

There is 8 pages in these forums on how all the young guys should never be in the AHL and they all need all the ice time, it’s not a strawman.
Anyway getting a point does not mean you are playing proper hockey and having a rotation of players to see what one you are going to stick with is not an issue, it gives everyone in th AHL a reason to hustle and it gives everyone a chance to compete for a spot. May the best man win

Cranking the outrage meter up to 10 with every little nothing move seems over the top

Last edited:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
There is 8 pages in these forums on how all the young guys should never be in the AHL and they all need all the ice time, it’s not a strawman.
Anyway getting a point does not mean you are playing proper hockey and having a rotation of players to see what one you are going to stick with is not an issue, it gives everyone in th AHL a reason to hustle and it gives everyone a chance to compete for a spot. May the best man win

Cranking the outrage meter up to 10 with every little nothing move seems over the top
Well you're arguing against points I never made. Whether "the board" has said differently is another matter. And I cracked a joke that you seem to be mistaking for outrage.

I actually don't have a problem with kids playing down in Belleville at all (despite their current logjam at forward). My question is what's the point of calling up a guy for 1 or 2 games only to see 3-5 minutes of icetime. Seems utterly pointless to jostle the kids around if they aren't being given any rope whatsoever. Better to just leave them down in the A fulltime if the moment they make a mistake they're being sent back down.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well you're arguing against points I never made. Whether "the board" has said differently is another matter. And I cracked a joke that you seem to be mistaking for outrage.

I actually don't have a problem with kids playing down in Belleville at all (despite their current logjam at forward). My question is what's the point of calling up a guy for 1 or 2 games only to see 3-5 minutes of icetime. Seems utterly pointless to jostle the kids around if they aren't being given any rope whatsoever. Better to just leave them down in the A fulltime if the moment they make a mistake they're being sent back down.

Who is arguing? I made a statement your mistaking it for a attack and or argument me thinks.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Clearly there is something going on with this guy that he can't even crack the AHL lineup given who is on that 4th line.

This is a guy who was the last cut from Columbus's main camp last year. Last cut. Literally one player away from making an NHL team. And then after that, he puts up 0.65ppg in one of the best pro leagues in Europe.

This is a guy who can't crack even the FOURTH LINE IN THE AHL? I don't buy it. Like, not even a little bit. Not at all. I'm sorry, but no.

Maybe he's hurt, but that's literally the only excuse I can think of that isn't dropping the ball 100% with this kid. And if he is hurt, they would say that he was hurt, not that they were making him a HEALTHY scratch.

It's honestly kind of inexcusable.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Who is arguing? I made a statement your mistaking it for a attack and or argument me thinks.
I just meant arguing in the sense that we're exchanging opposing viewpoints. I didn't mean to suggest you're angry or attacking me or anything.

Anyway I think what you're saying is that the short callups breed competition, while I think any particular kid should be given a bit more rope than 1 or 2 games. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad