Thoughts on the rebuild? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Until we re-sign the guys we need to, this rebuild is fluff.

They really haven’t done enough to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Seems fair.

Now we sit back and wait.

No need to continue to hammer home your point to the same audience over and over again, we read you loud and clear :)

We just sit back and all hope that you’re wrong together as Sens fans.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If his hands don't develop, we can use his speed as an asset on the PK. One way or another, he'll see some NHL time. Maybe not this year, but soon.
If he can develop finish off the rush he’ll carve out a niche and pot quite a few goals. That’s the if here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seems fair.

Now we sit back and wait.

No need to continue to hammer home your point to the same audience over and over again, we read you loud and clear :)

We just sit back and all hope that you’re wrong together as Sens fans.
He is using facts, examples and realistic expectations. Thats not hammering down a point its proving it. If you dont want to look at things realistically thats your perogative. However putting down his opinion with a blanket statement because you dont share the same views is incredibly ironic.

Reactions: Deku

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Sens have all this money from the “fair” Duchene and Stone offers

But pays the Leafs a 3rd so they don’t have to eat the signing bonus of Zeitsev

Your kidding yourself if you think the Sens are going to pay the bonuses Chabot is going to command...

I don’t believe for a second that Melnyk would match that Aho offer sheet structure... a year from now when Chabot signs his offer sheet

Enjoy the last season with Chabot on the Sens

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Plan seems to be sit back and copy the leafs plan by taking anyone they included in their plan.
At least someone has recognized how Dubas is much smarter than Dorion

Guess we’re offering spezza 3mil next year
Maybe trade chabot and a first for Barrie

FlabJack

Dec 30, 2012
In the last expansion draft Dorion had a tough time when Vegas picked Methot, this time they're making damn sure Seattle isn't going to get someone they're not willing to let go.
Just wish they didn't burn it all the way to the ground to make sure Seattle won't be getting anything good but it's going to be fun speculating just what Seattle will be trying to scrape from the bottom of this barrel.

Man these are some lean years.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
1 year deals make sense. Ise them to help teach the young kids them Trade them at the deadline for the rebuild.

Brown is an odd target, i guess he and Tierney will stick around and we will move on from Pageau and Smith.

They must see long term value in Zaitsev. By the time we hope to be competing he will be 30 so we better hope he gets better because bu then he will start to see his age vatch up and we could easily see him slow down.

We still lack in star offensive forward talent both on the roster and in the pipeline. We got some darkhorses and Batherson to bank on but thats not enough. Would have been nice to go for some of those guys this past draft but maybe next year.

The D looks very promissing but it would be nice to add some meanness to it. A guy like parayko or Carlo to the top 4. Maybe Jaros is that...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Would you guys sign Chabot to an 8 x 8?

Absolutely.

Hands up anyone here who thinks that it is going to get cheaper to sign Chabot. Anyone? Buehler? Of course it won't - the price will just continue to rise. Chabot either gets 8 x 8 from us now, or he gets 7 years and 9 mil AAV from someone else, all with max bonus. That's the going rate for young superstars, and they all get max bonus money for the same reason why sharks eat small fish - because they can.

I guarantee you that Chabot will have multiple offer sheets next July 1 if he hits free agency. A chance to land a young franchise defenceman for two firsts, a second and a third? Yes please.

We've got just under a year to either have someone convince Melnyk that he must make this signing, or get the franchise sold. Tick tock...

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He is using facts, examples and realistic expectations. Thats not hammering down a point its proving it. If you dont want to look at things realistically thats your perogative. However putting down his opinion with a blanket statement because you dont share the same views is incredibly ironic.

Bert,

You can’t prove something in the future as a fact until it happens. Let that sink in for a second.

I also didn’t put down his opinion, in fact I said it was a fair opinion, that was the very first sentence fragment of my post. I said it and I meant it.

My point was that he has offered his “facts, examples, and realistic expectation” several times now, and repeating it does nothing to change how relevant it all is. The only thing left is to wait and see what actually happens, and hope to God that he’s wrong.

Hoping he’s wrong is what we’re all doing because we all want what’s best for the Sens, right Bert, like we want good things to happen instead of experiencing the joy of being right about something bad. I suspect he’d agree on that point.

Bert, in your rush to challenge me, you neglected to take the time to comprehend the words I wrote. If your angry responses were actually post selective, instead of generic to anything you perceive to be different than your perspective, I might respect your posts more. In this case you skipped reading and just responded to the poster’s name as you often do.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In the last expansion draft Dorion had a tough time when Vegas picked Methot, this time they're making damn sure Seattle isn't going to get someone they're not willing to let go.
Just wish they didn't burn it all the way to the ground to make sure Seattle won't be getting anything good but it's going to be fun speculating just what Seattle will be trying to scrape from the bottom of this barrel.

Do the sens not have to protect Zaitsev? Thus exposing Jaros, Wolanin or Lajoie? Seems like they dont really care that much about asset management at all.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Do the sens not have to protect Zaitsev? Thus exposing Jaros, Wolanin or Lajoie? Seems like they dont really care that much about asset management at all.

I don't think they have to, since he only has a M-NTC (10 teams). I mean, they very well might if DJ likes him and he turns it around a bit here. I think they could treat him like Ryan though and leave him unprotected and assume his contract will keep him from being taken.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
No, only NMC needs to be protected.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think they have to, since he only has a M-NTC (10 teams). I mean, they very well might if DJ likes him and he turns it around a bit here. I think they could treat him like Ryan though and leave him unprotected and assume his contract will keep him from being taken.

Well thats good news, yes he absolutely will not be protected with his age and contract.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The hope and promise is FYOUS. Time will tell if that happens or not. Right now the reality is it feels like we’re in the middle of FYOUF

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Enjoy the last season with Chabot on the Sens

I'll take that bet.

Ottawa should never allow an offer sheet scenario ........... but if they did, just like the overwhelming majority of offer sheets, it would be matched.

we're not talking about a pancake lover here.

Reactions: Hutz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I would like to thank Dorion for not protecting MM, and allowing the VGKs to select MM.

He has only been able to play 45 games, in the last two seasons, after Vegas selected him.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I'll take that bet.

Ottawa should never allow an offer sheet scenario ........... but if they did, just like the overwhelming majority of offer sheets, it would be matched.

we're not talking about a pancake lover here.

This club sells picks for money... gladly take the picks to not pay... it’s what Ottawa does

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This club sells picks for money... gladly take the picks to not pay... it’s what Ottawa does

Again, a third round pick has about a 30% of ever making the NHL.
No big loss.

The Money saved, by not paying the bonus money, pays for Ron Hainsey.

So it could be seen as a third round pick for Hainsey ..............who could very well be traded at the TDL, for another pick, perhaps even a 3rd.

Why so many tears have been shed for this 3rd round pick is mind boggling. NHL GMs trade picks for similar and other reasons ................. but for some people, its almost like the end world, as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad