Thoughts on the rebuild? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Im not sure ... my feeling is he may have lost more money in 17-18 than 19-20 (less covid).

We will never know because the numbers are not public. However, if he was losing so much money, he could have sold the franchise for a hefty profit. No tears from me.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
less cheap than “you” (the fan the whines and doesn’t buy)?
Also our issue with Melnyk isn’t just that he is cheap. There is a long list of issues with Melnyk that I’m not gonna get into because they’ve been discussed here at nauseum. I’m fine with having a budget owner, lots of teams have an internal cap, if he would just say look we can spend X amount each year then stay in his mansion in Barbados and not get involved that would be great but no he has to be a meddling owner getting involved in hockey operations and getting in front of the camera and embarrassing the organization time after time, there’s been so many incidents that make him so much worse than the other budget owners.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Also our issue with Melnyk isn’t just that he is cheap. There is a long list of issues with Melnyk that I’m not gonna get into because they’ve been discussed here at nauseum. I’m fine with having a budget owner, lots of teams have an internal cap, if he would just say look we can spend X amount each year then stay in his mansion in Barbados and not get involved that would be great but no he has to be a meddling owner getting involved in hockey operations and getting in front of the camera and embarrassing the organization time after time, there’s been so many incidents that make him so much worse than the other budget owners.

Bottom line, he is just a piece of shit of an owner. Worst in the league AINEC.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Ya ... boring list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->