Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
That was actually the only excusable pick Boston made. At the time Zboril was the higher rated prospect of the two (Chabot broke out at WJC post-draft).
Now, the real question is why Boston picked Senyshyn over Barzal, but that’s an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in dog****. Still no answer 3+ years later

Chabot was actually ranked higher on multiple draft publications. ISS had him higher on their final list. He's also higher on mynhldraft.com's consensus list which takes into account most of the mainstream lists.

Chabot was a riser. Zboril was higher initially, but come draft day Chabot was universally ranked higher. Although I get it was pretty close and certain lists had Zboril higher.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
He's a very gifted player.

He's also in the perfect scenario. The Ottawa offense has been led by a "quarterback" for almost a decade.

In the wake of Karlsson's departure, his skillset was plug and play to literally quarterback the entire Ottawa offense.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He’s actually playing like a Norris calibre dman. It’s unreal the step forward he took this year.

That's pretty much the unanimous opinion on Chabot.

Everyone knew he was going to be a good one. But so good so soon? This is still pretty shocking to see. Lots of dmen (probably the vast majority) understandably need strength and maturity to play to their potential.

But Chabot looks like he went straight from a green horn rookie to a veteran all star...I'm a bit confused, but tremendously happy.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
leads d-man in points. crazy how much he's improved from last year.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Not trying to be a downer or anything but he eventually will hit a wall this year but it is all a growing experience. I think in 3 years he will be really really good.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
But I thought Boro gets his advice from Eugene, so who is really to thank here? :sarcasm:

Boro let's Eugey deal with locker room. He takes care of business on the ice, one dangle a time (pretty sure he donates $1000 bucks every time he gets beat - guys a local freakin legend).

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Not trying to be a downer or anything but he eventually will hit a wall this year but it is all a growing experience. I think in 3 years he will be really really good.

He's already really really really good and of course he's gonna hit a wall. He's torching the league rn

Reactions: jehkob

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I said I'll take him and Werenski 2nd in a 2015 redraft. Wasn't a hot take, but people took it as it was

is that a more acceptable opinion now?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I said I'll take him and Werenski 2nd in a 2015 redraft. Wasn't a hot take, but people took it as it was

is that a more acceptable opinion now?

Ive never before seen two separate players drafted in the same spot before.

But goddamnit its the year 2018 now, if anyone can do it, it might be these two guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->