This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's a long season. I didn't know what to make of the Isles last year and they got 103 pts. This year I think they are better but who the heck knows? It's going to be an interesting year to see how the Isles transition to a younger team. I can see this happening as soon as next year.

Reactions: Quicklime

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
It's a long season. I didn't know what to make of the Isles last year and they got 103 pts. This year I think they are better but who the heck knows? It's going to be an interesting year to see how the Isles transition to a younger team. I can see this happening as soon as next year.

Quite the long season.

My interests center around team defense, Beauvillier, and Varlamov.

If Beau isn’t the 50-60pt threat we want, we’ll need an answer - as we will if Varly doesn’t perform on Lehner’s level or help deliver Sorokin.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Quite the long season.

My interests center around team defense, Beauvillier, and Varlamov.

If Beau isn’t the 50-60pt threat we want, we’ll need an answer - as we will if Varly doesn’t perform on Lehner’s level or help deliver Sorokin.
Long season indeed. I think the future of the Isles lies in Lou making the right trades, and the assembling talent in the AHL. This will be a team that will be infusing young talent in with the vets. Kind of want the team to do well, just to show the naysayers that said the Isles were a fluke last year they were wrong. But even good teams fall back yearly so I don't understand that argument. The Isles missing the playoffs would have the benefits of a high pick, but I am not one for tanking. This team has come too far in burying the attitude of mediocrity to one of a professional well run teams. Want the Isles to play hard, get in the playoffs, and start adding to their talent base with an already solid foundation. That's the right way to build.

Reactions: beach

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You guys need to give Brassard a break. Last year he was traded three times and sucked at hockey because of it. This year he mentioned in the post game interview that when he got home from Carolina his wife had switched the couch and the armchair. He needs time to adjust. Damn heathens.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Be ready. I will rage if Varly doesn’t hold a candle to what Lehner did.
No worries. If Varly chokes, we have Greiss. Same numbers as Lehner last year.

Sorry, forgot this was a vent thread.

f***ing Garth Snow and Charlie Wang!

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
How many players away from being a contender? If the answer is quite a few and if Isles do not have too many prospects ready to step into NHL then I would honestly think if the team maybe better off to finish bottom five because if any year you want to have high draft picks (not just 1st round, but 2nd, 3rd & 4th), this is definitely the year because there are a lot good ones to choose from and if you are lucky to land a top 3 you can definitely improve the team in 2 to 3 years. All the players you drafted this year even if you are lucky enough to play any of them next year will be protected from the Seattle draft.

With so many strong teams in the league, I think even if Isles makes the playoff, the exist could be a quick one because they do not have enough tools. This is just my honest take on this team. They do not need to tank intentionally but likely they will finish much lower this year than last just based on the team line-up. Given that Philly seems to be playing well, Pens/Caps/Canes has not lost a step and Buffalo much improved this year, very good chance Isles will miss the playoff. Maybe it is good also for resigning their key players to reasonable contract.

I am trying not to be negative but if you looked at what Rangers did over the last 3 years, sometimes you need take some pains in order to take big leaps down the road. Google the 2010 prospects and if you see a deep and impressive pool, then you will agree that if any time to end up low in the standing, this will definitely be the year.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
How many players away from being a contender? If the answer is quite a few and if Isles do not have too many prospects ready to step into NHL then I would honestly think if the team maybe better off to finish bottom five because if any year you want to have high draft picks (not just 1st round, but 2nd, 3rd & 4th), this is definitely the year because there are a lot good ones to choose from and if you are lucky to land a top 3 you can definitely improve the team in 2 to 3 years. All the players you drafted this year even if you are lucky enough to play any of them next year will be protected from the Seattle draft.

With so many strong teams in the league, I think even if Isles makes the playoff, the exist could be a quick one because they do not have enough tools. This is just my honest take on this team. They do not need to tank intentionally but likely they will finish much lower this year than last just based on the team line-up. Given that Philly seems to be playing well, Pens/Caps/Canes has not lost a step and Buffalo much improved this year, very good chance Isles will miss the playoff. Maybe it is good also for resigning their key players to reasonable contract.

I am trying not to be negative but if you looked at what Rangers did over the last 3 years, sometimes you need take some pains in order to take big leaps down the road. Google the 2010 prospects and if you see a deep and impressive pool, then you will agree that if any time to end up low in the standing, this will definitely be the year.

Yea...lets start the rebuild now.

Reactions: xECK29x

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The last minutes of the Blues game shows what we are very much capable of.... I have a lot of faith, and I think the Wahlstrom kid is going to stick.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
The last minutes of the Blues game shows what we are very much capable of.... I have a lot of faith, and I think the Wahlstrom kid is going to stick.
Exactly.

The Blues are not defending champs by accident, they play with a lot of confidence and structure.

Probably, by the end of the game, with 2-goal lead, they became a little bit too confident and lazy, but it's not like they suddenly stopped playing.

In the last few min the Isles overwhelmed them.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd like to vent about the lack of venting in this thread.

When we're watching Lafreniere star in LA for the next 20 years because they got our ping pong ball, remember yesterday's game....

:rolleyes:

Reactions: SteveH124

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad