This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
A lot of players out of form. Very few look on top of their game. Barzal looks particularly frustrated that it's not working for him. Brassard has not fired a shot, literally!
Last year they had a point to prove, got on a roll, got confident, and then were driven by the opportunity that presented itself. Their defence was outstanding as a big factor in that.
They looked alright in preseason, but that same intensity of last season is clearly not there and might be hard pr even impossible to recapture.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Lou got duped on panarin especially if that's why they spent 25 million on a goalie that was average before he got here. Why wasn't James neal acquired? They needed two new forwards with some kind of potential to improve the offense. Instead they added nothing.
We have James Neal. His name is Andrew Ladd.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
It’s still early and the team can play better and have a good season but so far the analytic folks who said what happened in 2018-2019 wasn’t sustainable and that the Islanders would regress this year look right.

Hopefully they turn this around because our aging GM went all-in and commit $20M in cap room for the better part of the decade to veterans Nelson, Lee and Eberle.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Thank you to the mod who created this thread. These kids needed a Rage Room.

Reactions: xECK29x

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
As per comments earlier in the thread, Erik Haula is the player I feel LL missed out on this offseason. With only one year left, he would have been a low risk replacement/improvement on Flippula.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
One other thing I've noticed over the first four games- our vaunted 4th line ain't the same! Clutter and Martin aren't laying the hits and while I understand Cizikas is hurt the drop in productivity is noticeable.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
As per comments earlier in the thread, Erik Haula is the player I feel LL missed out on this offseason. With only one year left, he would have been a low risk replacement/improvement on Flippula.

I still can’t believe the moves he made or didn’t make. He came in like a house on fire with the coaching staff hires but has really struggled to do anything with the roster. He seems obsessed with upgrading the roster by only bringing in a star. How could MDC and Kuhnhackl be legit top 6 options? Brassard was a Hail Mary. I’m getting less and less optimistic that Lou is the GM that can take us to the next level.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
One other thing I've noticed over the first four games- our vaunted 4th line ain't the same! Clutter and Martin aren't laying the hits and while I understand Cizikas is hurt the drop in productivity is noticeable.

martin is getting soft.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
I’m hopeful they’ll turn it around — geez, they better — but man they look a step slower than these teams, except Winnipeg.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I don't need to "rage"...yet.
But since the thread is up already, playoffs or no playoffs doesn't make a difference to me. As I said last year, this is not a cup winning team...yet.

Trotz will do his thing and get the best possible result out of this roster.
What is going to define this season is what moves Lou makes. We already know JHS is a goner. Who else goes, and who comes back is this seasons plot...

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I still can’t believe the moves he made or didn’t make. He came in like a house on fire with the coaching staff hires but has really struggled to do anything with the roster. He seems obsessed with upgrading the roster by only bringing in a star. How could MDC and Kuhnhackl be legit top 6 options? Brassard was a Hail Mary. I’m getting less and less optimistic that Lou is the GM that can take us to the next level.

Not sure, they see them as that either. Eventually, Beauvillier should push back into a top six spot with an outside chance of Wahlstrom. Unlike many here, I'm not bothered by MDC's game. It just doesn't belong in the top six. He should be the the corner presence on a third line with two faster more energetic players. Kuhnhackl belongs on the fourth or reserve. Brassard is looking like this year's Sbisa.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
They aren’t ‘horrible.’ Grossly mediocre, w a mediocre core that is locked up for the next 4-7 years. The fallout of a mediocre team is that they aren’t bad enough to draft a Hughes, Dahlin etc. they’ll finish in that 10-14 range, where the talent diffuses. Unless a gem is found, but those are rare compared to a top 3 pick.
We got our good news with the arena,now we'll get a top five pick this year,somebody to ride shotgun with Barzal....

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I'll probably get blasted for this but hey idgaf

Lee-Barzal-Ebs
MDC-Nelson-JHS* (or Wally)
Beau-Otto-Bailey
Leo-CC-CC

*Ho-Sang's offensive talent and ability to drive play is exactly what our flat/slow top 6 needs. Now, if JHS really is a toxic off-ice presence then obviously we'll have to either make a trade, bring up Wahlstrom or be content with sucking.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
After we win tonight this thread should go the way of the Kate Murray I mean Dodo Bird .

LGI

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Lou got duped on panarin especially if that's why they spent 25 million on a goalie that was average before he got here. Why wasn't James neal acquired? They needed two new forwards with some kind of potential to improve the offense. Instead they added nothing.
Please refer us to your posts from last June and July suggesting that we should have been going after Neal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad