This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Never get too high or too low with the Isles. There are going to be a lot of close games this year I surmise. Just hope they will fall on the W side more than the L side. It's the Isles way, tight hockey, but with this they should be in a lot of games in the 3rd period.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
5th most points in the NHL and still rebuilding. This rebuild is going well!
The team in most games has more giveaways than takeaways and that is a problem and not sustainable over 82 games. The PP seem to be much better while the PK may need to be more consistent (well they are missing CC for that). Also the team need more goal scoring up and down the line as it looks like only a few guys are putting puck in the net but Isles best player is not elite like those on some of the teams that are hot. Barzal has played well, but he is still not quite at that level (in terms of consistently elite like the top contending teams have).

Realistically unless a trade to upgrade the team will happen, I do not see Isles finish top 3 in the Metro this year and fighting for Wild card spot is just too risky. If they do not finish top 3 in the division, I would rather see them finish lower to have better chance to land top talent in a very strong forward draft class. This could be a one time must not miss deal, the next 2 drafts may not be as promising.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
We're a competitive team with some really promising young players close to having impact. There is no way that right now, the mgmt. is considering re-building.

Quote individual stats, point to past performance, scowl at past management... say we sucked for a long time, and I'd agree. But these things have become irrelevant. We are no longer a Mickey Mouse organization.

Sorry for the temporary positivity. Carry on...

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The team in most games has more giveaways than takeaways and that is a problem and not sustainable over 82 games. The PP seem to be much better while the PK may need to be more consistent (well they are missing CC for that). Also the team need more goal scoring up and down the line as it looks like only a few guys are putting puck in the net but Isles best player is not elite like those on some of the teams that are hot. Barzal has played well, but he is still not quite at that level (in terms of consistently elite like the top contending teams have).

Realistically unless a trade to upgrade the team will happen, I do not see Isles finish top 3 in the Metro this year and fighting for Wild card spot is just too risky. If they do not finish top 3 in the division, I would rather see them finish lower to have better chance to land top talent in a very strong forward draft class. This could be a one time must not miss deal, the next 2 drafts may not be as promising.
It will take time for the team to get up to speed, probably before game 20. Czikas is one of our five most important players, he is missed everywhere. I see us fighting for third with the Pens at worst, assuming a relatively healthy season. Obviously not a Cup team, but a playoff team.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

I think you'll find that only Colorado and Vegas don't have more giveaways than takeaways. There are only eight players (including Barzal) with ten+ takeaways so far this year, while there are 28 players with ten+ giveaways. That's normal across the league. The exception are the players who consistently have more takeaways, Pavel Datsyuk being the poster boy. Over the last four+ seasons, Nelson, Cizikas, Kulemin, Filppula, and Komarov have done it here. (Casey is career 155-269, Brock is 206-264, and Leo is 144-234.)

Reactions: dood

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Who's got the batphone to this guy?

jeff-gillooly.jpg

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->