This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Just like Reinhart skating is MDC's main weakness. It makes me wonder how the experts overlooked something so blatant.
Don’t think skating is MDC problem he just takes forever to get his shot off, if his release was better he would score more because he has a good shot when he gets it off.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
MDC can buy a puck shooting machine to practice getting shot off quicker. It worked for Ryan Kesler way back. If MDC wants to stay a NHL forward, he needs to invest money & time in the off season. He also need to play table tennis to improve his hand eye co-ordination.

Reactions: PotvinsCups4

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
MDC can buy a puck shooting machine to practice getting shot off quicker. It worked for Ryan Kesler way back. If MDC wants to stay a NHL forward, he needs to invest money & time in the off season. He also need to play table tennis to improve his hand eye co-ordination.
It will be interesting if he stays in when cizikas gets back. I’d rather Komarov probably because of PK and you just know what’s your getting more than MDC.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Don’t think skating is MDC problem he just takes forever to get his shot off, if his release was better he would score more because he has a good shot when he gets it off.
What MDC lacks in skating is the same thing Bellows hasn’t shown at this level. The ability to get a step in front of someone and burst out. It’s not just his slow release, it’s that Dal Colle rarely can get into a good position to take a quality shot.

MDC’s release was fine in Bridgeport. Was a staple on their power play last year.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
What MDC lacks in skating is the same thing Bellows hasn’t shown at this level. The ability to get a step in front of someone and burst out. It’s not just his slow release, it’s that Dal Colle rarely can get into a good position to take a quality shot.

MDC’s release was fine in Bridgeport. Was a staple on their power play last year.
Maybe he is just what he is but I see why they gave him that second year trots seems to like him and with his offensive pedigree maybe he has it click at some point . He seems to work hard and that line has been black hole before Pageau.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Read a andrew gross tweet today. Trotz had to stop practice because the players were not doing it right. This is kind of an eye opener given other than Pageau and Greene the players should all know the drills by now. The guys got to get back to Isles hockey. Maybe a wake up call like this is what they needed.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Read a andrew gross tweet today. Trotz had to stop practice because the players were not doing it right. This is kind of an eye opener given other than Pageau and Greene the players should all know the drills by now. The guys got to get back to Isles hockey. Maybe a wake up call like this is what they needed.

Trotz is fed up. He has been pretty poker faced in his post-games and even stood behind the team during some embarrassing losses. Seems he is very aware of the lack of high-end talent and won't throw them under the bus to the public but this is interesting.

Trimming fat is the top priority in the off-season. They absolutely need to add an impact forward to be competitive moving forward. I can't find myself watching games regularly as along as Dal Colle is a staple in the lineup. If Martin isn't coming back I would see if we could trade for Grabner to be a bottom-6 LW. We need to get faster and he can PK and pop in the occasional goal.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Trotz is fed up. He has been pretty poker faced in his post-games and even stood behind the team during some embarrassing losses. Seems he is very aware of the lack of high-end talent and won't throw them under the bus to the public but this is interesting.

Trimming fat is the top priority in the off-season. They absolutely need to add an impact forward to be competitive moving forward. I can't find myself watching games regularly as along as Dal Colle is a staple in the lineup. If Martin isn't coming back I would see if we could trade for Grabner to be a bottom-6 LW. We need to get faster and he can PK and pop in the occasional goal.
I agree with Trotz, team has drifted away from what made them so successful. Team goals opposed to individual goals. Granted they played 2 very tough teams in the last 2 and perhaps they were unlucky against the rangers. But he has a right to be upset. This team can right the ship When Cizikas is back Dal colle should be back to the pressbox i would like to see Trotz shake up the lines too. Give the team a new look.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I agree with Trotz, team has drifted away from what made them so successful. Team goals opposed to individual goals. Granted they played 2 very tough teams in the last 2 and perhaps they were unlucky against the rangers. But he has a right to be upset. This team can right the ship When Cizikas is back Dal colle should be back to the pressbox i would like to see Trotz shake up the lines too. Give the team a new look.

My "liking" privileges were revoked by a self-righteous moderator, but I like this.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Such a shame that incredible start is being squandered away. Luckily for us the teams below us keep losing, but if they want to stay in this race, they need to figure this shit out, FAST

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

the idea of dal colle sitting and cizikas back in the lineup gives me the hibby jibbys. Get that man dressed and back in there, idc if he’s only 90%

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
Any Dal Colle criticism is warranted. The guy just can’t create any offense at all. That being said, if there is a guy that should be benched before him, its Komorov. Dal colle at least seems to be somewhat defensively responsible. Komorov, on top of giving us zero offense, has become a huge liability defensively for us. Think back to his blown coverage on panarin in the ranger game. Or how about last game with being involved with two turnovers that lead to goals against. I’m tired of hearing about his locker room impact, if he was such a presence in there, the team wouldn’t have no-showed in back to back games. He is doing absolutely nothing for this team right now, sit his rear end down.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Two 4-game losing streaks in such a short period of time.

I admit that I did NOT expect such sub-mediocre play to be coming from these boys.

Very brutal to have gone 7+ periods in a row without scoring and, in total, being outscored 16-6 over these 4 games.

The team has looked like anything but a playoff contestant.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Lehner was not adequately replaced. Flip was not adequately replaced until Pageau. Rash of freak skate blade injuries. Cursed season combined with some miscues from Lou. Deal with it

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Lehner was not adequately replaced.

True. And Greiss hasn't been as good as he was last season.

Bad combination.

Flip was not adequately replaced until Pageau.

Well, his function as a solely 3rd line center wasn't adequately replaced until Pageau. But I'd take Brassard over Flip any day of the week, worts and all. That was actually an upgrade.

Rash of freak skate blade injuries.

Indeed. And if folks didn't already know how incredibly important Pelech and Cizikas are to the fabric of this team, they sure as heck do now.

Cursed season combined with some miscues from Lou.

Varlamov over Lehner may be seen as a miscue on Lou's behalf for the here and now, but it sure won't be if Sorokin is in an Islander jersey (no later than) next fall.
And for all those clearly seeing that connection in light of Varlamov and Sorokin having the same agent, it appears this was the main goal in adding Varlamov over Lehner in the first place.

Of course, the Varlamov of this season wouldn't be seen as all that bad if Greiss' play hadn't been falling off the planet since December.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well, his function as a solely 3rd line center wasn't adequately replaced until Pageau. But I'd take Brassard over Flip any day of the week, worts and all. That was actually an upgrade.

I think Filppula is better at the role he was asked to play than Brassard. If Brassard isn't scoring, and he's not, he doesn't bring much else. Filppula at least brought some defensive ability.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I think Filppula is better at the role he was asked to play than Brassard. If Brassard isn't scoring, and he's not, he doesn't bring much else. Filppula at least brought some defensive ability.

Filppula was pretty rough down the stretch last season (as he wore out), but I otherwise agree wholeheartedly.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Filppula was pretty rough down the stretch last season (as he wore out), but I otherwise agree wholeheartedly.

I agree with that. He, and I think Brassard suffers from this as well, just didn't have the legs at the end of last year.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
True. And Greiss hasn't been as good as he was last season.

Bad combination.

Indeed. And if folks didn't already know how incredibly important Pelech and Cizikas are to the fabric of this team, they sure as heck do now.

Varlamov over Lehner may be seen as a miscue on Lou's behalf for the here and now, but it sure won't be if Sorokin is in an Islander jersey (no later than) next fall.
And for all those clearly seeing that connection in light of Varlamov and Sorokin having the same agent, it appears this was the main goal in adding Varlamov over Lehner in the first place.

Of course, the Varlamov of this season wouldn't be seen as all that bad if Greiss' play hadn't been falling off the planet since December.

no matter what though, Varlamov's contract is awful. I don't consider Brassard to be Flip's replacement because he is no longer able to perform adequately at C.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00