This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
I don't think we shouldve added Greene. He is a fine d man but we did overpay. Finding a dman shouldve been secondary to adding a scoring winger/center. Our offense is completely anemic, as it was last year. We shouldnt waste assets to make a run unless the scoring issue is addressed. Right now, I don't believe we will make the playoffs. We are trending downward while everyone else competing for the wild card/3rd spot in metro is trending up. Trading our first for anyone without term would be a big mistake.

Reactions: Newsworthy

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
As much as I love Lou,besides Trotz he has been horrible.
Took Martins contract that nobody else would for no return
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Lee-will be one of the worst contract
It’s been 2 years and no offensive help for Barzal( if he was wise he would leave)
Has 9 3rd line players in starting lineup
Balked at Kovalchuk
Add if I have missed something

Meanwhile when you go to the "Is Dubas A Bad GM" thread on the main boards you'll find many TML fans complaining that he let the heart of the team go in Kadri, Komarov and Martin, lol.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
We've scored 2 goals over the past 4 games, are 1 point away from being out of the playoffs, 4-5-1 in our last ten games, 22nd best offense in the NHL, and our schedule only gets tougher from here...it's time to punish that panic button.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Imagine this team with Panarin. I think that was 100% the plan for the next step this season. When he signed with NYR, it totally f*cked us. So we’re stuck with another season same as last year.

question is - what’s the big Panarin type FA to try and land this off season?

We're the Islanders. We don't land big UFA signings. We've never signed a FA near the level of Panarin (at least that I can remember). It's a pipe dream to think we could/will.

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
We're the Islanders. We don't land big UFA signings. We've never signed a FA near the level of Panarin (at least that I can remember). It's a pipe dream to think we could/will.

You're exaggerating.

Don't you remember the Isles signing a 2 year deal with Marty Reasoner in 2011?

Next time you think things are bad, chew on this stat.
He had 1 goal in 92 games for the Isles!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Since this is all purpose venting I wanted to share how much fun this site has been for quite sometime now . It's basically like playing Frogger to avoid all the pop ups and get to an actual thread .Especially love how the screen always jumps to place you in National Grid or somewhere else INFOLINKS wants you to be . On a positive note , as crappy as the isles have been if the playoffs started today the Laffs would be out

I switched to Firefox just for all intrusive advertisement-killing add ins it has because of his site site. Ridiculous. It also has more tracking than any other site I visit other than Forbes. Shady stuff.

Nice and active though, and a great user interface!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I switched to Firefox just for all intrusive add killing add ins it has because of his site site. Ridiculous. It also has more tracking than any other site I visit other than Forbes. Shady stuff.

Nice and active though, and a great user interface!

I had the same issue. Getting worse lately, especially on my phone.

The switch to Firefox seems to have worked. Thanks.

Reactions: Merrrlin

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Imagine if Lou drafted Tomasino last year when he fell to us? The guy every competent Islanders fan wanted instead of drafting some guy who was projected to go 30+ picks later?

Tomasino currently has 95 points in 54 games. A scoring RW who would instantly have become our top forward prospect and make Bellows or Wahlstrom more expendable in a trade for a legit player. But no, let's keep giving Lou a pass because he hired Trotz. He has done nothing positive since then but we'll just keep ignoring that.

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
This team is pretty much right where it should be - competing for a playoff spot. We aren't nearly as good as we were when we got points in 17 games in a row and we're not nearly as bad as we've looked over the past 4.5 games.

Thankfully we have Detroit coming in and then San Jose (although I still can't believe SJ is as bad as they are). Hopefully they'll both sell some pieces before we see them and they'll start (or continue) their tanks in earnest. I feel bad saying that as I don't really like hoping to play a compromised team in order to increase our chances of winning. But....I'm not proud. I'll take a win any way we can get one right now. If Detroit brings the wrong color jerseys and have to forfeit, I'll take it!

Must win games are rarely that.
Still, anything less than 4 points in the next 2 games would be a huge disappointment.

As for preying on the TDL teams after a sell off, careful what you wish for.

On Wall Street, they call it the dead cat bounce.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Must win games are rarely that.
Still, anything less than 4 points in the next 2 games would be a huge disappointment.

As for preying on the TDL teams after a sell off, careful what you wish for.

On Wall Street, they call it the dead cat bounce.
I don't think that's the case here. This team winning is not a mirage. It can be a good to very good team. Feasting on the shit teams of the league (assuming they do that - its not a given by a long shot) will help them get their mojo back and back to their winning ways. When this team is playing with confidence and playing its game effectively, they can compete with anyone. But, the margin of error is relatively small.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
We've scored 2 goals over the past 4 games, are 1 point away from being out of the playoffs, 4-5-1 in our last ten games, 22nd best offense in the NHL, and our schedule only gets tougher from here...it's time to punish that panic button.

What does all this mean? It means that with the 15th pick in the 2020 nhl draft the Islanders are proud to select -

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Imagine if Lou drafted Tomasino last year when he fell to us? The guy every competent Islanders fan wanted instead of drafting some guy who was projected to go 30+ picks later?

Tomasino currently has 95 points in 54 games. A scoring RW who would instantly have become our top forward prospect and make Bellows or Wahlstrom more expendable in a trade for a legit player. But no, let's keep giving Lou a pass because he hired Trotz. He has done nothing positive since then but we'll just keep ignoring that.

I feel Lou is not seeing the whole field or looking at the big picture. The Greene move to me is a good insight into what he's trying to do with this team. I don't see that as the right direction.
Other than Tomasino we had several other players ranked higher than Simon on the board.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
In the almost two years Lou has been GM he has shown me that he is really good at signing talented free agent goaltenders.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Tomasino is looking very good right now. Such a miss for us.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Tomasino is looking very good right now. Such a miss for us.

Production in Juniors doesn't always translate … you're making it sound like a slam dunk.

How about these numbers, pretty similar to Tomasino wouldn't you agree.
upload_2020-2-26_12-31-17.png

Care to guess?

Still thinking?

upload_2020-2-26_12-32-50.png

Reactions: SteveH124

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Production in Juniors doesn't always translate … you're making it sound like a slam dunk.

View attachment 327407

Care to guess?

Still thinking?

View attachment 327411

It kind of is a slam dunk when they're putting up those kind of numbers because their skating/hands are elite. Those will always translate to the NHL

When they're putting up crazy numbers because they have a good shot but can't skate as good is when it doesn't always translate (Dal Colle)

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

View attachment 327407

Care to guess?

Still thinking?

View attachment 327411

It kind of is a slam dunk when they're putting up those kind of numbers because their skating/hands are elite. Those will always translate to the NHL

When they're putting up crazy numbers because they have a good shot but can't skate as good is when it doesn't always translate (Dal Colle)

I remember arguing tooth and nail that Tambellini wasn't a future perennial all-star and defended Nolan against the "play the kids Ted!" calls that were all over the place here. People lost their minds that we lost Nilsson, O'Marra a 1st and for Smyth. We gave up 2, potentially 3 future all-star players for a rental! How did their careers go again?

PS: All of them were good to great skaters.

I've said it 8675309 times here but not all prospects reach their potential. Some do, some don't. Most don't. Potential = hasn't accomplished anything significant yet. I'm not saying we should trade them all or anything, but to pencil them in doesn't work.

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Watching the Isles-Bruins game. Down 2-0 so far.

On a positive note, just tried a new hot sauce I saw on a Hot Ones podcast. It’s called Dirty Dick’s, I kid you not.

Highly recommended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->