This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
It lasted 2 and a half games. Yesterday he started the game on the 4th line between Martin and Clutterbuck. I understand that we can be disappointed with Brassard (I am too), but if we want him to be useful for the moment, it's better to place him in a situation where he can produce and be useful. Using him on a 4th line is completely ridiculous and counterproductive. Of course it will not bring anything. Trotz should be a little more patient with Brassard and place him where he had success in November with Nelson and Beauvillier, instead of going with Komarov!
absolutely excellent post and observation. He was playing insane with those 2, and he and Beau expressed how much they loved playing together. Pardon my french but what the F. Why did idiot separate them? Al Arbour would always try to find that kind of chemistry. Instead, this idiot separated it. He complains we dont have enough scoring, but then separates a line that was going so friggen well it was nuts, and the team was winning. Im sorry, but doesn't anyone else here think this is on Trotz. Think about it, Arbour would be getting the most out of these guys, and uniting chemistry, not separating it. Its on Trotz

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
it's the one thing that bothers me in these GDT's, like the call for Bellows. I really liked Bellows and I'm encouraged a lot that he's going to be an NHLer. His cup of coffee sold me at least. But he did have all his points in like 1 game.
I get why people say “well nothing else is working now so try the kids-we have nothing to lose” but that’s not true. To have kids come up here and not be able to play the game the way the coaches structured it is asking for trouble. Almost every prospect in Bridgeport was up here and played at one time this season, with the exception of Simon Holmstrom. Some may have had flashes like Bellows did, but in the big picture none of them produced enough to warrant a longer look. Better they stay in the AHL and learn the pro game down there than get trucked up here.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Realistically? Bailey, Leddy, Beauvillier, Clutterbuck, Cizikas, and Hickey have contracts that aren't encumbered with NM/NT clauses.
think about it man. if this many players are having bad times, what does that tell you? certainly not that we should trade all of them. Its obvious that trotz has lost this team

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Only moveable contracts are Leddy and maybe Bailey.

Not sure why you'd want to move Bailey, though. For all his warts, there's absolutely no one to replace him with. Unless you want Tom Kuhnhackl in his spot next season.

I think Bailey would be 100% moveable, but like you said, no one to replace him. Leddy makes sense, though.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
think about it man. if this many players are having bad times, what does that tell you? certainly not that we should trade all of them. Its obvious that trotz has lost this team
It tells me Lou committed to players who were always streaky and have disappeared for long stretches in the past and they’re doing it again. Not that Trotz lost the team.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Read a andrew gross tweet today. Trotz had to stop practice because the players were not doing it right. This is kind of an eye opener given other than Pageau and Greene the players should all know the drills by now. The guys got to get back to Isles hockey. Maybe a wake up call like this is what they needed.
everybody in Isles country has given trotz a free pass. Its on him. He lost these guys. HE is the main reason they are all slumping. There may also be something else going on in the locker room. Has Barzal told everyone he will leave? Something is eating this team

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
All right, I’ll bite.

How did Trotz lose the team?

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Imagine if Lou drafted Tomasino last year when he fell to us? The guy every competent Islanders fan wanted instead of drafting some guy who was projected to go 30+ picks later?

Tomasino currently has 95 points in 54 games. A scoring RW who would instantly have become our top forward prospect and make Bellows or Wahlstrom more expendable in a trade for a legit player. But no, let's keep giving Lou a pass because he hired Trotz. He has done nothing positive since then but we'll just keep ignoring that.
I trusted Lou, but Im seeing the horrible mistakes right now. Think of this: MDC was drafted ahead of Pasternak. Imagine Pasternak and tomasino on this team right now? This team might have the curse now. It's too obvious that they are cursed. its 30 years for me now as a fan. 30 years of absurd disappointments. I became a fan in 1990 because of Al and Bill. But they were gone a short time later, and the team has never done anything but disappoint since.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
All right, I’ll bite.

How did Trotz lose the team?
absurd question. How the hell could I know the facts on how he lost them? I am not a psychic you know. Saying he lost the team is just stating the obvious. Every player on this team is lost out there. No team work, no passion, no confidence.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
It tells me Lou committed to players who were always streaky and have disappeared for long stretches in the past and they’re doing it again. Not that Trotz lost the team.
sorry I disagree. He has handcuffed the fun part of the game, the "O zone" and I feel that his telling them not to shoot unless a perfect play has cost us dearly. When you play hockey in the O zone with the puck, you cannot be thinking too much about holding on to the puck. It has to be natural, creative, fast, aggressive, and shoot from everywhere. Caps players complained about this, and now I see why. Hats off to the caps for winning in spite of this idiot

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'm trying to look past this, he's the 4th line center. Now granted I wanna argue too that he's a straw that stirs the drink saying but he's out for a few weeks still and isn't skating. We need to get on with it.

I thought I saw somewhere that he was skating? Could definitely be wrong.

I am going with the "tRotZ LiKEs tO RolL 4 lInEs" spinzone of why we need Cizikas back. Grasping for straws here

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
absurd question. How the hell could I know the facts on how he lost them? I am not a psychic you know. Saying he lost the team is just stating the obvious. Every player on this team is lost out there. No team work, no passion, no confidence.

So it's obvious that Trotz has lost the team, but you're not able to expound on how or why he lost them. Gotcha!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
everybody in Isles country has given trotz a free pass. Its on him. He lost these guys. HE is the main reason they are all slumping. There may also be something else going on in the locker room. Has Barzal told everyone he will leave? Something is eating this team
I am sorry, I just don't buy this.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
sorry I disagree. He has handcuffed the fun part of the game, the "O zone" and I feel that his telling them not to shoot unless a perfect play has cost us dearly. When you play hockey in the O zone with the puck, you cannot be thinking too much about holding on to the puck. It has to be natural, creative, fast, aggressive, and shoot from everywhere. Caps players complained about this, and now I see why. Hats off to the caps for winning in spite of this idiot
This should be stickied for all to see.

Evergreen post.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
This should be stickied for all to see.

Evergreen post.
I haven't said anything incorrect. It's obvious he lost them. Question for you: What message does it send to your players if you keep complaining to the media that the players you have arent good enough? What message does it send when you tell your players not to shoot unless a perfect play, to not lose possession? What were the rumblings out of washington from the players on this exact issue? If your priority is to "keep possession" subconsciously, are you going to want to shoot? If the priority is to "shoot from everywhere" which I heard Arbour and Potvin and even Goring say, are you more likely to score? What happens to a team that is consistently being told not to shoot, and doesnt, then has the second lowest shots per game in the NHL? Answer all these qquestions please, then and only then insult me

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I haven't said anything incorrect. It's obvious he lost them. Question for you: What message does it send to your players if you keep complaining to the media that the players you have arent good enough? What message does it send when you tell your players not to shoot unless a perfect play, to not lose possession? What were the rumblings out of washington from the players on this exact issue? If your priority is to "keep possession" subconsciously, are you going to want to shoot? If the priority is to "shoot from everywhere" which I heard Arbour and Potvin and even Goring say, are you more likely to score? What happens to a team that is consistently being told not to shoot, and doesnt, then has the second lowest shots per game in the NHL? Answer all these qquestions please, then and only then insult me
All you've given me is your opinion.

I asked you to tell me how Trotz lost the team and you can't do it. Then you spout off things that are opinion and supposition on your part.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Caps players who complained also won a Cup with "this idiot" behind the bench as you called him.

Are the Caps players having fun now? Because the sure can score from anywhere and they forgot how to play defense since Trotz left.

The Capitals look ripe for another early exit again this April.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016

I asked you to tell me how Trotz lost the team and you can't do it. Then you spout off things that are opinion and supposition on your part.
"and you cant do it" what an asinine statement. I would have to be on the team, or a psychic to now "HOW" he lost the team. Im an observer, and none of the players are playing together, no confidence, no positive energy, no direction, etc. Apparently you have not seen Al Arbour coach. It is easy to see the dysfunction in how Trotz speaks and "coaches" this team. The players used to say "I would go thru a wall for AL Arbour" ... Notice none of trotz players feel this way about him.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Caps players who complained also won a Cup with "this idiot" behind the bench as you called him.

Are the Caps players having fun now? Because the sure can score from anywhere and they forgot how to play defense since Trotz left.

The Capitals look ripe for another early exit again this April.
Is it possible the caps won that cup in spite of him? Is it possible they ignored his "dont shoot unless perfect play" crap? I heard the caps players complain about this, and they were right. This is a false philosophy and I cannot understand why you dont see this? Did Al Arbour, the best coach in history, have this philosophy or the opposite? Think.. Think.

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016

and by the way, Idndt spout off opinions as you put it. I asked you a series of important questions that would wake you up. You ignored them. Go back and answer the questions please. They are obvious

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Questions for fans: What message does it send to your players if you keep complaining to the media that the players you have arent good enough (even if true)? What message does it send when you tell your players not to shoot unless a perfect play, to not lose possession? What were the rumblings out of washington from the players on this exact issue? If your priority is to "keep possession" subconsciously, are you going to want to shoot? If the priority is to "shoot from everywhere" which I heard Arbour and Potvin and even Goring say, are you more likely to score? What happens to a team that is consistently being told not to shoot, and doesnt, then has the second lowest shots per game in the NHL? Answer all these qquestions please, then and only then insult me

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Questions for fans: What message does it send to your players if you keep complaining to the media that the players you have arent good enough (even if true)? What message does it send when you tell your players not to shoot unless a perfect play, to not lose possession? What were the rumblings out of washington from the players on this exact issue? If your priority is to "keep possession" subconsciously, are you going to want to shoot? If the priority is to "shoot from everywhere" which I heard Arbour and Potvin and even Goring say, are you more likely to score? What happens to a team that is consistently being told not to shoot, and doesnt, then has the second lowest shots per game in the NHL? Answer all these qquestions please, then and only then insult me

Those rumblings look a little like this:

upload_2020-3-6_12-39-38.png

Reactions: MJF and Strummergas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad