This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
As much as I love Lou,besides Trotz he has been horrible.
Took Martins contract that nobody else would for no return
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Lee-will be one of the worst contract
It’s been 2 years and no offensive help for Barzal( if he was wise he would leave)
Has 9 3rd line players in starting lineup
Balked at Kovalchuk
Add if I have missed something

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
In times like this, I find myself drawn to this thread. It's mainly for comic relief since I still think this team has a chance to win a series or two if the stars align.

As for the topic of this thread:
Do you know that the golf handicap rules have changed this year? All Isles' handicaps will reset, generally to a lower number, once their golf season starts in early April.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
In times like this, I find myself drawn to this thread. It's mainly for comic relief since I still think this team has a chance to win a series or two if the stars align.

As for the topic of this thread:
Do you know that the golf handicap rules have changed this year? All Isles' handicaps will reset, generally to a lower number, once their golf season starts in early April.
I get what you're saying. My concern though is that April isn't that far away...Lou needs to mortgage the future NOW for better handicaps or we'll come up short against Ottawa and Detroit, but I guess that's par for the course. (Sorry).

Reactions: The Real JT

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
It’s been 2 years and no offensive help for Barzal( if he was wise he would leave)
Balked at Kovalchuk

giphy.gif

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Balked at Kovalchuk

And despite the"Horror" you described they finished last year with the 5th best record in the NHL and still are in a play-off position this year, despite a significant rash of injuries losing their #1 defensive D in Pelech, and losing a significant core of their physical players in Clutterbuck and Zeeker, Yes, I think you missed more than something. I suggest you make your closing arguments in 23 games.

Reactions: Strummergas and MJF

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Balked at Kovalchuk

Lou didnt give bailey the contract (which isnt a bad contract FYI). Snow did

Reactions: duster19

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Balked at Kovalchuk
Yeah, you missed the fact that Lou arrived here to an empty vessel. Once JT left, virtually the entire hockey world had us pegged for 31st best out of 31 based on our roster and prospects. He managed to hash together a line-up as best he could and was fortunate that Trotz had already signed when JT jumped ship (Have no idea if Trotz still would have signed had he known). In any event, the baseline he started with was sh*t. Hell, even all the diehards here were expecting a miserable couple of seasons before things would start to stabilize. The team, even with the garbage performance of late, has exceeded expectations. Doesn't mean I give Lou a pass on everything (Lee was a bad signing IMO - said so at the time - and still waiting to see how things end up on the whole Varly/Sorokin thing which he will be wholly responsible for if it doesn't work out or Sorokin sucks in the NHL.) But overall, given what he started with, what he has to work with now and what the long term vision is, he still gets the benefit of the doubt. That won't last forever, but the honeymoon isn't quite over yet.

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah, you missed the fact that Lou arrived here to an empty vessel. Once JT left, virtually the entire hockey world had us pegged for 31st best out of 31 based on our roster and prospects. He managed to hash together a line-up as best he could and was fortunate that Trotz had already signed when JT jumped ship (Have no idea if Trotz still would have signed had he known). In any event, the baseline he started with was sh*t. Hell, even all the diehards here were expecting a miserable couple of seasons before things would start to stabilize. The team, even with the garbage performance of late, has exceeded expectations. Doesn't mean I give Lou a pass on everything (Lee was a bad signing IMO - said so at the time - and still waiting to see how things end up on the whole Varly/Sorokin thing which he will be wholly responsible for if it doesn't work out or Sorokin sucks in the NHL.) But overall, given what he started with, what he has to work with now and what the long term vision is, he still gets the benefit of the doubt. That won't last forever, but the honeymoon isn't quite over yet.
I live and die with this team and is so frustrating watching a team that can’t score,hopefully he can at least improve this 3rd line at the TDL

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I live and die with this team and is so frustrating watching a team that can’t score,hopefully he can at least improve this 3rd line at the TDL
We all do, or we wouldn't be on these boards, and I sympathize with you. This stretch has been very hard to stomach given the raised expectations that we all have. But we have outperformed our roster for almost two full seasons, in part, because we stayed healthy. Not so this year and our lack of depth has been exposed. That, and, of course, we can't score, which predates the injury bug. If he can pick up a third liner that can score a little for cheap before the TDL then so be it but not at the expense of the long term plan. I want him to stick to it as much as it sucks to watch it sometimes.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Took Komorav
Bailey contract -bad
Eberle -bad
Balked at Kovalchuk
re-upping Hickey and Tommy boy
reaching for Holestrom and Iskhakov

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This team is pretty much right where it should be - competing for a playoff spot. We aren't nearly as good as we were when we got points in 17 games in a row and we're not nearly as bad as we've looked over the past 4.5 games.

Thankfully we have Detroit coming in and then San Jose (although I still can't believe SJ is as bad as they are). Hopefully they'll both sell some pieces before we see them and they'll start (or continue) their tanks in earnest. I feel bad saying that as I don't really like hoping to play a compromised team in order to increase our chances of winning. But....I'm not proud. I'll take a win any way we can get one right now. If Detroit brings the wrong color jerseys and have to forfeit, I'll take it!

Reactions: Merrrlin

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This team is pretty much right where it should be - competing for a playoff spot. We aren't nearly as good as we were when we got points in 17 games in a row and we're not nearly as bad as we've looked over the past 4.5 games.

But do the points in those 17 games still count? I've been told not so much...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Since this is all purpose venting I wanted to share how much fun this site has been for quite sometime now . It's basically like playing Frogger to avoid all the pop ups and get to an actual thread .Especially love how the screen always jumps to place you in National Grid or somewhere else INFOLINKS wants you to be . On a positive note , as crappy as the isles have been if the playoffs started today the Laffs would be out

Reactions: Merrrlin

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Thankfully
we have Detroit coming in and then San Jose (although I still can't believe SJ is as bad as they are). Hopefully they'll both sell some pieces before we see them and they'll start (or continue) their tanks in earnest. I feel bad saying that as I don't really like hoping to play a compromised team in order to increase our chances of winning. But....I'm not proud. I'll take a win any way we can get one right now. If Detroit brings the wrong color jerseys and have to forfeit, I'll take it!
If anyone has even the slightest inkling that either of these games will be a walkover, think again. The Isles are damaged goods psychologically right now and if they go the first period without scoring against Detroit, or worse, get down a goal without scoring, they'll be gripping their sticks so tight they might snap. Detroit knows they are going to be last in the league no matter what they do and guys are playing for positions. Knocking off potential playoff teams is their Stanley Cup playoffs. Vegas has the Isles -300. I think they're nuts. More like pick 'em from where I sit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad