This is one of the best Art Ross/Rocket Richard races in a long time

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I think Johhny has a chance but so may great players in the running. Johnny is elite like it or not for a 4th round pick.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Seguin just 3 behind Ovie for the rocket lead. He gonna stealth mode it to the top, no one's even gonna notice before he has comfortable lead.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
McDavid value to the oilers and the league is insurmountable, he is the ageless one, the contract represents that. McDavid might not be 2x the player points wise than Gaudreau and it doesn't matter. It's Connor. The revenue, the eyes from other places to watch oilers games, the sit on the edge of your chair game breaking talent he possesses... every penny is worth it and in this year with the projected cap increase it will be good to us. I get to watch and enjoy a player of his calibre and depending on career, could reminisce on the glory days with McDavid and co to my kids and grandkids. Gaudreau is on the first flight to nj or philly when he's free.

Yeah you can reminisce about all of those playoff misses. Im sure your grandkids will be so interested about that team that missed the playoffs 10 out of 11 years. What a legacy.

Reactions: Sentinel

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Seguin just 3 behind Ovie for the rocket lead. He gonna stealth mode it to the top, no one's even gonna notice before he has comfortable lead.
I’ve been saying this for weeks now

It wouldn’t shock me at all if seguin won it

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He's actually 35th in the league in on ice shooting percentage in all situations at 12.02%, which is exactly where you'd expect an elite offensive player to be (his career average is 11.50%). He's been a little bit hot at ES and pretty cold on the PP.

Guys who are ahead of him?

Marchand
Tavares
MacKinnon
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Matthews
Ovechkin
Hall
Pastrnak
Marchessault
Voracek
Benn
Bergeron

So yea, you're wrong.
On Ice shooting percentage refers to the shooting percentage on every teammate while Johnny is on the ice.

It's through the roof.

You could probably be more wrong if you tried, but it would be tough.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
On Ice shooting percentage refers to the shooting percentage on every teammate while Johnny is on the ice.

It's through the roof.

You could probably be more wrong if you tried, but it would be tough.

You must have a problem with reading comprehension. Here it is again, with less words this time so you don't get confused:

Gaudreau's on ice shooting percentage in all situations:
2017-18: 12.02%
Career: 11.50%

"Through the roof" lol . . .

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Let's see Gaudreau be top 10 in scoring 10 years in a row. Meaning he can do it against the NHL defensemen, for more than 1 season and also it means he survived many season ending hits.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Meanwhile, Marchand is leading the league in PPG and in points/60. What a crazy development curve for him.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This is one of the best GPG races in a long time?

GPG "race"? What does the winner get, the "Sidney Crosby" pace award? ;)

At the end of the season one player will put more pucks in the back of the net than all the others and he will win the Richard.

Reactions: Sentinel

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
GPG "race"? What does the winner get, the "Sidney Crosby" pace award? ;)

At the end of the season one player will put more pucks in the back of the net than all the others and he will win the Richard.

I think they are already considering changing the Conn Smythe to the Sidney Crosby instead.

Anyways, I was poking fun at the poster who wanted to get Matthews' name mentioned.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think they are already considering changing the Conn Smythe to the Sidney Crosby instead.

Anyways, I was poking fun at the poster who wanted to get Matthews' name mentioned.

Good.

And Justin Holl probably has the GPG award in the bag. ;)

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I'm pretty convinced that Alex Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer in NHL history.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not to be that guy but these threads always show up after good Canadian boy McDavid gets hot.

"Not to be that guy, but I'm gonna be that guy."

We've got six guys within 5 goals of leading the league (only one Canadian, and no McDavid's), and seven guys within 5 points of the league lead in points (yes, McDavid is among them). Not sure why anyone has to be singled out here, it's an impressive race regardless of who is involved.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
"Not to be that guy, but I'm gonna be that guy."

We've got six guys within 5 goals of leading the league (only one Canadian, and no McDavid's), and seven guys within 5 points of the league lead in points (yes, McDavid is among them). Not sure why anyone has to be singled out here, it's an impressive race regardless of who is involved.

It’s just that certain players fit better into the category of ideal Art Ross winner. I bet you that people would still be talking about the season Benn won his had Tavares won it because he fits better into the storyline, that’s how simple-minded some people are.

The way Benn won it in the last game with a 4 point night was great entertainment for me at least but no, people had to come up with bad excuses because Tavares didn’t win it.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I remember early in the year I made the statement where I could see Gaudreau competing for the Art Ross, actually cool to see him up there.

Kid has a ton of skill.

I said the exact same thing. He was my darkhorse pick for Art Ross winner, but only if injuries came into play with some of the more ''locks'' like Crosby or Mcdavid. To see him be a legit contender while going head to head with these other stars is pretty mind blowing. John's been a true superstar this season. I find myself watching the Gamecentre recaps of each Flames' games just to see what he does. Rarely does he disappoint.

The guy who will be most happy will be Whiskeyyourthedevil. Dude's the biggest Gaudreau homer ever, but I gotta admit he's usually right about John :laugh:.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
What happened to the Gaudreau is not a top 20 player in the league thread. We should bump that puppy.

So everyone can have a good laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad