This is one of the best Art Ross/Rocket Richard races in a long time

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Would LOVE Malkin to get another Art Ross and maybe a Rocket Richard to help round out his trophy case. Would be an awesome way for him to make his case for #Mr.101

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
As long as McDavid is healthy this will be the top prize Gaudreau will win
G97pkdY.jpg

He's got more points than him right now and has been outscoring him for most of the season.

But can we agree on one thing? Mr. Auston "Generational Talent" Matthews isn't even remotely in the picture and isn't even P/PG. It's glorious.

Last edited:

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Next year is next year, fail to see why you'd point it out unless you got confused trying to make that snarky comment about "value". Fail. McDavid is a better player so he cost more, clearly. Where is Gaudreau's Art Ross? Hart? You know, the stuff that added "value" into that next contract of his.
interesting assessment of value. I look at it more as return on production. but if the trophies are your measuring stick, fill your boots.

FWIW, I agree that McDavid is better than Gaudreau. He is the best player in the league IMO. But he is not anywhere close to twice as good. The Flames pay Gaudreau AND Monahan the same as the Oilers will be paying McDavid next year. One is a massive value proposition. The other is not.

Not to worry, Chiarelli has clearly demonstrated that he has the acumen to navigate paying McDavid and Leon 22 mil over the next seven years. He is a guru, really.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
interesting assessment of value. I look at it more as return on production. but if the trophies are your measuring stick, fill your boots.

FWIW, I agree that McDavid is better than Gaudreau. He is the best player in the league IMO. But he is not anywhere close to twice as good. The Flames pay Gaudreau AND Monahan the same as the Oilers will be paying McDavid next year. One is a massive value proposition. The other is not.

Not to worry, Chiarelli has clearly demonstrated that he has the acumen to navigate paying McDavid and Leon 22 mil over the next seven years. He is a guru, really.

Problem isnt McDavid and Draisaitl making 21 million a year, its Chiarelli surrounding them with a good team.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Too bad the Flame's peak is 8th place in the conference.

Absolutely everything has gone right for them this season and they are still fighting for their playoff lives.

Enjoy that for the next 5 years.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He's got more points than him right now and has been outscoring him for most of the season.

But can we agree on one thing? Mr. Auston "Generational Talent" Matthews isn't even remotely in the picture and isn't even P/PG. It's glorious.

Off by a whole .07 while playing a portion of his year injured and yet once again one of the top goal scorers in the league and leading his team towards close to a franchise record in points. I think we'll take it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Absolutely everything has gone right for them this season and they are still fighting for their playoff lives.

They've certainly done more with a lot less than their provincial brothers.

I mean, there's really no debate there. :dunno:

Reactions: RedHot

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

Absolutely everything? They have a god awful PP, terrible home record and iffy coaching.

Gaudreau has been able to carry the offense enough to get them where they are.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They haven't done anything. :huh:

No Cups for either team, no, but in terms of wins, playoff revenue, that kind of stuff?

Safe to say Calgary has accomplished far more in the past decade, and thats without the added bonus of multiple first-overall picks. Pretty sure they haven't even had one, now that I think about it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
No Cups for either team, no, but in terms of wins, playoff revenue, that kind of stuff?

Safe to say Calgary has accomplished far more in the past decade, and thats without the added bonus of multiple first-overall picks. Pretty sure they haven't even had one, now that I think about it.

Only In Calgary were success is determined in relation to the Oilers would making the playoffs four years out of ten be considered an accomplishment of any note. :huh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Only In Calgary were success is determined in relation to the Oilers would making the playoffs four years out of ten be considered an accomplishment of any note. :huh:

....Alright, and how many years out of those same ten did Edmonton make it in? Again, this is with their surplus of top draft talent. Y'know, like Nail Yakupov.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017

weird comment. the Oilers are terrible and have been for decade. it only gets tougher for them going forward with those monster contracts and a brutal GM too.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Absolutely everything? They have a god awful PP, terrible home record and iffy coaching.

Gaudreau has been able to carry the offense enough to get them where they are.

Gaudreau's now leading the league in EVP (tied with McDavid).

Those 2 + Crosby are really unbelievable at elevating the play of their linemates and driving offense at ES. I think they are a tier above the rest in that respect.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Only way the oilers make the playoffs this year is 8th place. Everything gone right? What about the 17 tired back to back games the oilers played last year, most favourable schedule in the league, the god mode and mvp that was talbot. All while helping the oilers. It all evens out and this year it shows.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
....Alright, and how many years out of those same ten did Edmonton make it in? Again, this is with their surplus of top draft talent. Y'know, like Nail Yakupov.

It's no secret that Edmonton has been bad.

That doesn't make being the 25th best team in the league for the last ten years like the Flames have been into anything resembling an accomplished squad.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

One of the worst PP's in the league, 25th home record in the league, no bottom 6 scoring, a ton of blown 3rd period leads = everything going right.

K

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Still don't really know who would take Gaudreau on their team over Matthews though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Maybe if you are interested in 3 on 3 victories over playoff wins.

Understand you're in a pissing match right now, but at least get your arguments straight - can you tell many how many series Matthews has won and how many times Matthews has been out of the first round compared to Gaudreau? Just checking because you know, playoff wins and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad