This is one of the best Art Ross/Rocket Richard races in a long time

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
So you're saying he's not worth that much based on his play this year?

Nope, but he doesn't have to be. His contract wasn't for this year.

I don't think any player is worth 12.5 mill. He got paid an extra 2.5 because of his marketing and value to the NHL as a whole.

He's only worth 12.5 if he scores 120 point every year, which I don't see him doing. But even though Gaudreau might hit PPG for the first time in his career this year, I don't see him surpassing this peak season of his ever again. Also Mcdavid can make a 4th liner like Maroon into an almost 30 goal scorer, that's why he's generational.

You put Maroon and Caggiula with Gaudreau, that line is pretty garbage.

With Mcdavid in between them, that line is automatically one of the best in the league just because of Mcdavid.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nope, but he doesn't have to be. His contract wasn't for this year.

I don't think any player is worth 12.5 mill. He got paid an extra 2.5 because of his marketing and value to the NHL as a whole.

He's only worth 12.5 if he scores 120 point every year, which I don't see him doing. But even though Gaudreau might hit PPG for the first time in his career this year, I don't see him surpassing this peak season of his ever again. Also Mcdavid can make a 4th liner like Maroon into an almost 30 goal scorer, that's why he's generational.

You put Maroon and Caggiula with Gaudreau, that line is pretty garbage.

With Mcdavid in between them, that line is automatically one of the best in the league just because of Mcdavid.

Look at the impact Gaudreau has had on Ferland. He's got 27 goals since joining his line in 76 games. In his prior 152, he had 14....

I think it's a fair bet that Gaudreau 'might' hit a point per game this year. He's got 226p in his last 226gp...

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby and Malkin with 65 points each and Mcdavid with 66. Kucherov will only hold on so long I think.

Crosby
Mcdavid
Malkin

Is my new prediction

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
That pack from 2nd to 9th is tighter than a 12 year old back injury.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov might lock this up afterall, but McDavid will be close no matter what IMO.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Kucherov 76
Gaudreau 68
Stamkos 67
Malkin 66
Kessel 66
Crosby 66
McDavid 66
Giroux 66

UPD as of now

Last edited:
Reactions: PickleRick

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Glad to see Kucherov seems to finally be waking up from the long slump, but this race is very far from over when there's still 25ish games left.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm still not going to bet against McDavid. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulls it off for the AR.

Still not impossible but someone would need to get insanely hot - Kuch producing at only 1PPG for the last 24 games would put him at 100 exactly. Gaudreau would need 33 in his next 24 and McDavid would need 35 in his last 26. But looking at the situation of Gaudreau and McDavid's teams vs Kuch's yeah I think it's gone.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Still not impossible but someone would need to get insanely hot - Kuch producing at only 1PPG for the last 24 games would put him at 100 exactly. Gaudreau would need 33 in his next 24 and McDavid would need 35 in his last 26. But looking at the situation of Gaudreau and McDavid's teams vs Kuch's yeah I think it's gone.

Yea the two Alberta stars don't have the supporting cast to challenge Kucherov if he stays even modestly hot.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Bolts have played the fewest home games in the NHL so far. Now we have something like 19 of the last 25 at home, so I do not think anyone is going catch Kucherov unless he he misses a lot of games.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad