This is one of the best Art Ross/Rocket Richard races in a long time

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
I love Gaudreau as much as the next Flames fan, but claiming he's carrying the team's offence when he's on a line with Monahan and there's a whole other excellent line on the team (3M), albeit one plagued by low shooting percentages this season, is ridiculous.
The 3m line is a sub par scoring 2nd line in the league.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
i's nice having a few guys in it until the end. If the Oilers had a good PP all year, McDavid is already leading this race by at least 10 minimum right now. Poor guy barely has any compared to the other 9 in the top 10.

He's doing it all at ES

L13

Oct 1, 2015
The 3m line is a sub par scoring 2nd line in the league.

They dominate shots and scoring chances, but are, as I said, plagued by low shooting percentages this year. They do generate a lot of offence.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Kucherov and kessell have 23 and 33 PP points. McDavid. 14

Heck even Johnny only has 18 PP points

Voracek, Malkin, Stamkos. 27, 28 , 27 PP points

It started looking better the past 2/3 games, but if the Oilers were even respectable on the PP, McDavid is leading right now by 5-8 points.

Reactions: Dempsey

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They dominate shots and scoring chances, but are, as I said, plagued by low shooting percentages this year. They do generate a lot of offence.

No, they dont. They are below average....objective of the game is puck in the net if you are talking offense. I can count on one single hand, the number of times the 2nd line won the game for them with their offense

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

It started looking better the past 2/3 games, but if the Oilers were even respectable on the PP, McDavid is leading right now by 5-8 points.

Hmm maybe some players are better on the PP than others... Maybe.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If the flames had any and I mean any semblance of a powerplay Gaudreau would have another 10-15 points (since it should run through him).

Alas our PP is complete and utter trash so he has to get all his points 5 on 5.
Lemieux argument, the what ifs. I could say the same for mcdavid, but it's useless.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
No he has Monahan...if you want to see carrying a teams offense.

Eichel -53 pts

next best player

O'Reilly 37 pts. And they don't even play together like say a Draisaitl-McDavid (2 centres who SOMETIMES do)

Not too mention the team barely scores if he's not on the ice.

And on the lowest scoring team.

Eichel is carrying the sabres offense to last in the league.

Gaudreau has a point on 42.4% of Calgary goals.
Eichel has a point on 42.5% of Buffalo goals.

Gaudreau has 64 points
Monahan has 49 points, and Gaudreau has a point on 33 of them . . . he's also assisted on 20 of his 27 goals . . .

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason Monahan is even that close to Gaudreau in scoring is because he's paired with him?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I love Gaudreau as much as the next Flames fan, but claiming he's carrying the team's offence when he's on a line with Monahan and there's a whole other excellent line on the team (3M), albeit one plagued by low shooting percentages this season, is ridiculous.

He's in on almost 43% of his team's goals, how is that not carrying the team's offense?

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Uhh you do know mcdavid is still on his elc right? So yes you're right mcdavid is winning it at almost 6m cheaper than gaudreau.
Sure. Next year then. And for 5 years after that. Point is that Gaudreau is way better value than McDavid. But, as you did astutely point out, next year.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichel is carrying the sabres offense to last in the league.

Gaudreau has a point on 42.4% of Calgary goals.
Eichel has a point on 42.5% of Buffalo goals.

Gaudreau has 64 points
Monahan has 49 points, and Gaudreau has a point on 33 of them . . . he's also assisted on 20 of his 27 goals . . .

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason Monahan is even that close to Gaudreau in scoring is because he's paired with him?

Absolutely RIDICULOUS assessment of a player who is far and away one of the most talented in the world in just his third year. Not his fault his team his an absolute mess.

If anything its more impressive how amazing he does given what he has to work with. At even strength, his primary point totals are off the charts.

Over 40 of his 53 points are PRIMARY, his team doesen't have a Defense (from an offensive or defensive stand-point, a goalie, a competent coach) and besides this excels in situations where other plays (Mackinnon last year) couldn't.

But go ahead and Blame it on the one saving grace the team has.

It's his fault. LOL

If the Flames go on another 6 game losing streak they're right back out of the playoffs (Maybe it doesen't even take that much?)

So does Gaudreau's production magically stop being important if the FLames miss?

No.

I wasn't even taking anything away from Gaudreau I was just stating he also had another good player to work with. Again, EIchel's linematers are Okposo and Girgensons and there is tons of evidence a whole days worth of facts and examples I could run down as to why he is as good as he is.

Nobody is climbing up the scoring leaders like Eichel right now. (Maybe, Malkin) because guys like Gaudreau have been up there from before.

The fact he does this WITH ABSOLUTELY no support (again, he has nearly 20 more points then the next guy) where-your team has a hot line) ...the Sabres don't score without this guy on the ice!

Since mid-December or X-Mas lets say, I'd be shocked if Eichel wasn't top 3-5. (Coincidentally around the time Kane got off his line)

Reactions: Peanut

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sure. Next year then. And for 5 years after that. Point is that Gaudreau is way better value than McDavid. But, as you did astutely point out, next year.

Next year is next year, fail to see why you'd point it out unless you got confused trying to make that snarky comment about "value". Fail. McDavid is a better player so he cost more, clearly. Where is Gaudreau's Art Ross? Hart? You know, the stuff that added "value" into that next contract of his.

Reactions: Syyncrow

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Next year is next year, fail to see why you'd point it out unless you got confused trying to make that snarky comment about "value". Fail. McDavid is a better player so he cost more, clearly. Where is Gaudreau's Art Ross? Hart? You know, the stuff that added "value" into that next contract of his.

Gaudreau is unreal but as long as McDavid is healthy, he ain't winning a Hart or an Art ROss. IMO

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Does this really need to be said? Who cares about "what ifs"? You can play that game with any player. If McDavid was better on the PP, he would have more points.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Gaudreau is unreal but as long as McDavid is healthy, he ain't winning a Hart or an Art ROss. IMO
If Gaudreau beats him the internet would end in Edmonton, the headlines in the Edmonton Sun would be " but,but Connor had a 3 week flu" and Spector would commit harry carry.

Reactions: North Man

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
As long as McDavid is healthy this will be the top prize Gaudreau will win
G97pkdY.jpg

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Absolutely RIDICULOUS assessment of a player who is far and away one of the most talented in the world in just his third year. Not his fault his team his an absolute mess.

If anything its more impressive how amazing he does given what he has to work with. At even strength, his primary point totals are off the charts.

Over 40 of his 53 points are PRIMARY, his team doesen't have a Defense (from an offensive or defensive stand-point, a goalie, a competent coach) and besides this excels in situations where other plays (Mackinnon last year) couldn't.

But go ahead and Blame it on the one saving grace the team has.

It's his fault. LOL

If the Flames go on another 6 game losing streak they're right back out of the playoffs (Maybe it doesen't even take that much?)

So does Gaudreau's production magically stop being important if the FLames miss?

No.

I wasn't even taking anything away from Gaudreau I was just stating he also had another good player to work with. Again, EIchel's linematers are Okposo and Girgensons and there is tons of evidence a whole days worth of facts and examples I could run down as to why he is as good as he is.

Nobody is climbing up the scoring leaders like Eichel right now. (Maybe, Malkin) because guys like Gaudreau have been up there from before.

The fact he does this WITH ABSOLUTELY no support (again, he has nearly 20 more points then the next guy) where-your team has a hot line) ...the Sabres don't score without this guy on the ice!

Since mid-December or X-Mas lets say, I'd be shocked if Eichel wasn't top 3-5. (Coincidentally around the time Kane got off his line)

All I'm saying is that the feat of carrying your team's offense is far less impressive when you're team's offense is the worst in the league. Gaudreau accounts for just as much of his team's offense, but it's a much better offense.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
All I'm saying is that the feat of carrying your team's offense is far less impressive when you're team's offense is the worst in the league.Gaudreau acco unts for just as much of his team's offense, but it's a much better offense.

Calgary GF/game- 2.80
EDM GF/game - 2.77

That's two extra goals a season. Hardly "much" better, if it can be said to be better at all.

Oops, forgot the Trigger Alert for Oiler fans. My apologies for bashing McDavid.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Calgary GF/game- 2.80
EDM GF/game - 2.77

That's two extra goals a season. Hardly "much" better, if it can be said to be better at all.

Oops, forgot the Trigger Alert for Oiler fans. My apologies for bashing McDavid.

I was referring to Buffalo [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad