GDT: This Is Not A Drill, I Repeat This Is Not A Drill !! - Let's Get Off To A Flying Start @ 17.30EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Question for the locals around here. What streaming service do you use for the games? I don't pay for cable anymore and I don't want to have to worry about any blackouts.

Edit: I'm sure this has been discussed before but I either forgot or missed the answer.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Being on the west coast, I wish the game started an hour later...anyone want to break in and pull a fire alarm or something...I just need about an hour to get home after work...any delay would be nice.

On the ice side of things...I thought that the D pairings were going to be Matheson - Marino, Petts - Ceci, which looked great in the last couple scrimmages/practices. Now if the plan is to essentially run 5 D and Ceci only gets about 6 mins a night (mostly pk) then fine, but if the plan is to have the bottom pair play about 14mins, I don't really like Matheson with Ceci. Oh well, what does it matter, this is the Pens we are talking about...this will likely be the only game with this line-up...it took about 2 months last year before the Pens had their best line-up healthy and ready to go and I think that only lasted about 2 periods. Every season I think, maybe, just maybe the Pens won't get bit by the injury bug and every season it seems to be giant prehistoric Pterodactyl size bug.

Curious as to people's thoughts on the goalies...

Jarry plays good tonight and wins, does he play again Friday or does he play Saturday?
Jarry has a bad game, I would assume he would play again on Saturday...but they may want him to look for redemption on Friday.
Jarry plays a good game, but loses...he better get Friday's game.

For me, how the goalies will be utilized around the league is going to be very intriguing. Brodeur played more than 56 games in 15 seasons, 12 of which he played 70 or more games. Do I think it is a smart idea to play one goalie every game this season? No. But if a team has no faith in their back-up, there is a possibilty.
Being on mountain time, I too have this problem. Fortunately, with everyone working from home, laptop + couch is a workable solution.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
tenor.gif

Edit: @Scandale du Jour can you add this to the OP for @Clare2904 ? TY!!!

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Question for the locals around here. What streaming service do you use for the games? I don't pay for cable anymore and I don't want to have to worry about any blackouts.

Edit: I'm sure this has been discussed before but I either forgot or missed the answer.
Wish I could tell you, but I don't want to be banned

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He talked about this on Dying Alive I think. Basically they've removed the D to D pass in scrimmages and are focusing on giving the D pushing out more options. The idea being our breakout got killed by the Canadiens last year because it was too scripted and having a forward to support it gives the D an option that isn't a Cody Ceci / Jack Johnson.

Hopefully it works.
Please be true. I hate the D to D so much. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad