GDT: This Is Not A Drill, I Repeat This Is Not A Drill !! - Let's Get Off To A Flying Start @ 17.30EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Actually it has been 158 days but f*** me, it feels like 84 years :laugh:

So,

praise Allah, Buddah, Jesus, Yahweh & all the Gods above!

382.gif

Get ready for 56 games of slightly different hockey this year.

No western conference trips, just an Eastern Division comprising of:

Boston
Buffalo
New Jersey
New York x 2
Tossers across the State
Thugs in the Capital
And us :)

No trips to the great white north called Canada, lots more advertising, a squad that will travel by taxi :dunno: and lots of Qtips up nostrils :D

In case you have forgotten who plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins here is the 23 man roster and the taxi squad.

More details will be added as we get closer to puck drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

He talked about this on Dying Alive I think. Basically they've removed the D to D pass in scrimmages and are focusing on giving the D pushing out more options. The idea being our breakout got killed by the Canadiens last year because it was too scripted and having a forward to support it gives the D an option that isn't a Cody Ceci / Jack Johnson.

Hopefully it works.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is that good or...?

It’s a good thing. Whether it works lol it’ll be more helpful for the playoffs so we don’t get swept again but useful because in season games will be scrutinized more because we play only in division games.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He talked about this on Dying Alive I think. Basically they've removed the D to D pass in scrimmages and are focusing on giving the D pushing out more options. The idea being our breakout got killed by the Canadiens last year because it was too scripted and having a forward to support it gives the D an option that isn't a Cody Ceci / Jack Johnson.

Hopefully it works.

It took Sullivan a whole lost series and four months to figure that out? Failure to change strategy against MTL was one of our biggest problems

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Since Kapanen is not in the lineup, the new player i'm most interested in seeing is Matheson. Sounds like the Pens are high on him. In fact they're so high on him they bumped him to the 2nd pairing.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Haven't been paying attention to camp at all so I was getting super hyped then remembered we signed Cody Ceci.

Oh well let's go Pens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Hopefully it works.
Wow actual changes. Color me hopeful, a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->