Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Mcdavid ain't resting because his individual accomplishments are more important then the team. He wants to hit 100 points. Can't say I blame him... but still I bet if he wasn't having such an incredible season, he would rest.
hockey players dont want to rest, remember the game McDavid broke his leg in last game of the season 2 years ago? Meaningless game Edmonton wasnt going to the playoffs. But he played like it was a game 7 till he hit that post.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So if the Leafs PP didn't go in the toilet, I'm sure AM gets 45. Does he get to 50?
Don't forget what 13 games with a WRIST injury....think he only had 2 or 3 goals during that time...in addition to the atrocious PP. He's having an incredible season when you consider what he has done even strength and with an injured wrist.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Mcdavid ain't resting because his individual accomplishments are more important then the team. He wants to hit 100 points. Can't say I blame him... but still I bet if he wasn't having such an incredible season, he would rest.
Matthews hitting 40 allows us to rest him. If he was stuck on 39 he'd play IMO

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Won't count the Oilers out with McDavid and it is the Canucks.

But if they can win in regulation the Leafs could lock up the division against Montreal in their next game.
Clinched playoff spot in front of the Habs
Mathews scores 40th against Habs
Clinch Best Team in Canada against Habs
Knock Habs out of playoffs

We are getting the Grand slam

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Do not get the pp strategy, especially the 2 man advantage. Why are the players moving so much and switching spots? Seems like a very counterproductive method when you have a 2 man advantage. Passing the puck is alot faster than skating it... so passing youd think would put the opponent in a vulnerable spot faster than skating the puck around.

Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but.. during thst 2 man advantage I totally forgot it was a 2 man advantage, in all my time watching hockey a 2 man the normal way created alot more room than whatever the leafs are did today.

They were skating and switching spots so much eventually Matthews got the puck basically from behind the net... pretty much the only spot you don't want your best shooter to get the puck
to which the play died and he passed it back to the point and the skating and player switching started all over again.

That's because they were just running out the clock for a game they've already won. Am I the only one that noticed that? Why would they piss off their future playoff opponent for no reason? Pad stats?

Reactions: Gallagbi

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1. Fix the damn PP. Stop passing and start shooting. At least start moving on the PP instead. Not having a point shot really hurts our PP

2. Keefe manage marner's minutes ffs. we have clinched the playoffs. stop piling on the mins on him

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That's because they were just running out the clock for a game they've already won. Am I the only one that noticed that? Why would they piss off their future playoff opponent for no reason? Pad stats?
They were trying, but they were also trying to be cute IMO. Two great chances for Nylander and then some over passing.

Need to move the puck a little pucker though, specifically Marner

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Do not get the pp strategy, especially the 2 man advantage. Why are the players moving so much and switching spots? Seems like a very counterproductive method when you have a 2 man advantage. Passing the puck is alot faster than skating it... so passing youd think would put the opponent in a vulnerable spot faster than skating the puck around.

Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but.. during thst 2 man advantage I totally forgot it was a 2 man advantage, in all my time watching hockey a 2 man the normal way created alot more room than whatever the leafs are did today.

They were skating and switching spots so much eventually Matthews got the puck basically from behind the net... pretty much the only spot you don't want your best shooter to get the puck
to which the play died and he passed it back to the point and the skating and player switching started all over again.

Player movement on the PP creates defensive confusion and opens up passing lanes for cross ice plays .. It was a good set up, probably the best movement we've seen from the PP in awhile. They just didn't convert, but it's a step in the right direction.

It's the complete opposite of the 5 on 4 PP's with too much standing and passing around. Way easier to defend the lanes and shooting threats when the players barely move.

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad