Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Why do people wanna rest matthews? Mcdavid aint resting. These guys will rest after season. Injury concern is different

He had that wrist issue earlier in the year .. Plus you'd hate for some of the team that they'll likely play in the first round (Montreal or Winnipeg) take cheap shots to rough them up before the playoffs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think the PP is better when Matthews and Marner play their off sides. I think both Sandin and Rielly struggle to pass the puck to Matthews when he’s on their left and they shoot left. It makes it so that Marner to the Dman is a quick pass but the Dman pass to Matthews is really slow.
Agreed on the off wing and I like the idea of Marner low and Nylander high personally

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Worth noting "letting them back in the game" was reliant on an absurd called back goal and two misplays by fringe playoff guys for us in Engvall and Sandin/Dermott
Engvall was skating hard today... looks like he finally noticed that he is likely the odd man out in the playoffs.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He had that wrist issue earlier in the year .. Plus you'd hate for some of the team that they'll likely play in the first round (Montreal or Winnipeg) take cheap shots to rough them up before the playoffs.

I’d prefer the Marlies play the Jets last game of the year. I feel like they will be out for payback.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The PP was so good when they eliminated the drop back and actually were willing to use the guy on the point, and then they turn back to doing literally everything that did not work in favour of never shooting or even making good passes.

Literally made no difference with Sandin instead of Rielly. It was the same crap once they reverted back to the same thing that was not working.
they have been controlling the puck ALOT better in the offensive zone. for 40 straight PPs we couldnt even get inside the offensive zone to set up.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Courtesy: @CanadasTeam

AaQsGNm.png

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Engvall was skating hard today... looks like he finally noticed that he is likely the odd man out in the playoffs.
His feet are never an issue IMO, heads and hands are what get him into trouble at times.

Even still, I don't cringe at the idea of him seeing game action in the playoffs.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Campbell is 16-2-2 on the year now

Too bad the game didn't just after Matthews potted #40, really thought Nylander was going to score on the last chance he had.

Reactions: Gallagbi

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Matthews is one of those guys that always plays really well after a long break, which is not most players, do it.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Why do people wanna rest matthews? Mcdavid aint resting. These guys will rest after season. Injury concern is different
Mcdavid ain't resting because his individual accomplishments are more important then the team. He wants to hit 100 points. Can't say I blame him... but still I bet if he wasn't having such an incredible season, he would rest.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
A team that scores as much as the leafs should not have these issues on the pp. Just play the regular lineup on the pp. Matthew's line followed by the Tavares line. Shake it up that way since they wont update the system.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Caufield gets third star for a ES goal and a -2 and matthews doesn’t for his 40th which is his 19th in the last 19? Lmao

He's got potential but man they overblow his game. Apart from the goal and maybe 2 shifts, he was unimpressive. Not harping on the guy, he's getting his feet wet.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Because Matty doesn’t have any threshold left to break after getting #40 tonight. 50 is extremely unlikely. So might as well have him fresh for the playoffs if it can help. Big Macs is chasing 100. Different circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad