Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Keep an eye out for Romanov. He's a real punk who likes to give a little extra with the physicality at completely unnecessary times. Definitely an old school attrition guy. Like giving the rough stuff to Spezza on a line change or Matthews in the dying minutes of every game.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Actually kind of hilarious that we roll the top unit for the full 2 minutes of 5on3 with 2 minutes to go in a 5-2. Keefe didn't challenge the Mikeheyev goal either, they're really desperate to get those powerplay reps in. Lord knows we need them, the PP is just terrible.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Dominated early, then slept walked through the rest to the victory.

Matthews hitting 40 so he can rest to end the season is fantastic.

Would've preferred to not watch that embarrassment of a powerplay to end the game, though. Gotta fix this shit.

Go Leafs Go!

You seriously didn't pick up on the fact that they had no intention on scoring during that 5 on 3?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
team with nothing to really play for missing 2 top 6 forwards and a top 6 dman beat a team that is fighting for their playoff lives pretty handily. man, if we dont make it to the conference finals this year im gonna cry.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
giphy.gif

Hab fans?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know there will be lots of concern over the PP, but I thought the 5on3 was decent. Some good looks, a little too cute, which is reasonable in a 5-3 game. Need Marner to move his feet a bit more with the puck, but overall some good looks and good shots.

Once this was 3-0 the game was over it was just a matter of keeping the Habs out of it and we did that for the most part.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
One thing I didn't like is they let Montreal back into the game early in the third .. But they didn't panic and got back control in the second half of the third.

Hilarious the Leafs' get a courtesy 5 on 3 after the game is out of reach to make the penalties look even :laugh:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Actually kind of hilarious that we roll the top unit for the full 2 minutes of 5on3 with 2 minutes to go in a 5-2. Keefe didn't challenge the Mikeheyev goal either, they're really desperate to get those powerplay reps in. Lord knows we need them, the PP is just terrible.

They should have hammered the puck at Allen as much as they could instead of passing it around.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Campbell held the fort.

Continued balance scoring and continued PP problems.

Some lax D at times. Get through the season and stay healthy.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Dominant first period, let the foot off the gas in the second half of the second period and were comically bad defensively that period.

Marner and Matthews do their usual thing. Score 5 on 5.

The powerplay concerns me greatly. It's been absolutely dead last in the NHL over the last three months. Not just bad, embarrassingly slapstick comedy bad. If they can't turn that around, doesn't matter who they face in the playoffs. Special teams win games in the playoffs, that's fact.

Campbell didn't have to do much, but gave up a really bad rebound to Montreal a freebie. He's been winning games, but credit the D for keeping shot totals down so dramatically. If they peppered Campbell with 40+ shots like Andersen got every night, it wouldn't be the same story, no chance. He's good, but team in front of him has made him look better, that's my opinion, right or wrong.

Good game, but not good enough, play a full sixty, cause you play like that in the playoffs, game 7 type results happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad